Unhygienic food preparation and service practices

Yeobt

But I saw men specifically just keep one of the nail (thumb/little) long....

Thought should have some functional use like peesai digging or what... But thumb nail I still cannot figure... ð

Sorry no offense but i find guys with one long nail is disgusting. Remind me of empress dowager from Qing dynasty lol
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I don't think I will be super bothered actually. Obviously it's not pleasant but in my mind, it's likely that food poisoning would come from some other causes.

Like improperly thawed or frozen food, storage of cooked and uncooked items together etc.

Sorry no offense but i find guys with one long nail is disgusting. Remind me of empress dowager from Qing dynasty lol

I see So many until I don't really feel so repulsed anymore lol
  • Praise 5

i remember last time some male server smoked a ciggie, and then walked in to prepare my toast with his bare hands. real disgusted, i scolded him and threw the toast away. 

• Praise 1

Thought should have some functional use like peesai digging or what... But thumb nail I still cannot figure...

• Praise 2

Dont know if you would do what i just did.

i cannot take it anymore. i just went to complain to the supervisor of a popular eatery that his male staff (server) who is keeping a long thumb nail had his nail soup into my bowl of bee hoon soup while holding to serve on my table. :veryangry:

how could this be happened at all... [crazy]

Kindly learn to be more precise and practice brevity in how you create thread titles with less drama

Title changed

Well, somebody going to defend and say don't push everything to the government.

I strongly feel that if you have a ministry to licence hawker, it is only correct they do their job right. The min is to conduct inspections and not just confine to 8 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays.

How do these people prepare their food? What is the hygiene standard of the stall? The food handling process, place of eating cleanliness, how they clean the tables?, etc

What is meaning of the grading of A to D on the stall when one look at the stall, you know it is not even qualified for grading?

Don't sleep and start to wake up fast.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

now i know why earlier my boss asked me to cut my nails  :TT_TT:else terminate my service

we don't ask our staff to do it ... but they do it automatically.

coz we use a handpunch at  our workplace to clock-in and out.

and those with long fingernails ... eg 2cm+ will not be able to put their hands into the machine !! [laugh]

• Praise 2

Ignorance is bliss.

I think you guys will not dare eat out if you know what happens in the back kitchens....

• Praise 4

Ignorance is bliss.

I think you guys will not dare eat out if you know what happens in the back kitchens....

I agreed. Dont know is better than know. If want to eat outside, cannot be avoided unhygienic practices. If after eating no LS already a blessing liao. Lol.

• Praise 1

Ignorance is bliss.

Kekeke it's also wise not to complain about food, not sure if there will be special ingredient added thereafter

• Praise 5

I agreed. Dont know is better than know. If want to eat outside, cannot be avoided unhygienic practices. If after eating no LS already a blessing liao. Lol.

anything you eat that dun kill you will make you stronger, this is so true  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Kekeke it's also wise not to complain about food, not sure if there will be special ingredient added thereafter

:blink:

complain abt food - arrive liao.. 

i refer to give opinion after i paid up

• Praise 2

Lol, right, i know it myself as i work in the F & B industry when i was young and saw some disgusting things being done...

• Praise 7

Thought should have some functional use like peesai digging or what... But thumb nail I still cannot figure...

• Praise 2

dirty eat dirty grow up............if really want 100% clean...............got to do it yourself................ [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Funny how people complain about unhygienic their food had been prepared in eateries.

Strange nobody seems to think similarly about BBQ pits (don't know which dog cat or human previously pee before), weekend camping and not forget army field trips.

Also we need to accept there are different level of hygiene acceptance from different social strata and cultural differences. Some still use fingers to eat. There was a study sometime back that using fingers to eat their food actually taste better.

Japanese eat Poo. Girls get to eat e.g. only strawberries for several days then Poo. Customers then eat Poo.

How about Coffee from Indonesia after digested by "cat"? It's one of the most expensive Coffee around.

You sure when we eat pig intestine the cook really clean them properly.

Bird nest from Bird vomitus.

Cockroaches are used as Chinese medicine.

Edited by Still2016
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6