KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

C&C pricing for servicing is quite reasonable - $400+ minor and $600+ for major. I did all my servicing there even after warranty but change parts like suspension, engine mounting and petrol pump outside.

$400 for 

1. 4/5L of oil

2. Visual Checks

3. Top up of liquids

4. Car wash/Vacuum

5. Labour

Anything i missed ? cause i never been back to AD. 

Doesnt seem like a reasonable price.

Edited by Unfair

$400 for

1. 4/5L of oil

2. Visual Checks

3. Top up of liquids

4. Car wash/Vacuum

5. Labour

Frankly speaking, it's a chop carrot price

$400 for

1. 4/5L of oil

2. Visual Checks

3. Top up of liquids

4. Car wash/Vacuum

5. Labour

$400 for oil change is the same as what Premium Auto charges for their 4 cylinder cars. Eg a4 a5 2.0 and below

Chop carrot GAO GAO

$400 for oil change is the same as what Premium Auto charges for their 4 cylinder cars. Eg a4 a5 2.0 and below

Chop carrot GAO GAO

I was serving my E200k at C&C and my wife's Lexus servicing was $600 for minor and $900 for major. I guess in comparison it is reasonable for servicing at AD.

Wow whats the event about? Not bad, kia/cnc really out effort into "entertaining" their stinger owners. They just organized a breakfast drive to JB recently.

I think for existing owners to bring a buddy along for test driving the Stinger and earn $500 svc credits for the ex owner.. + gathering and wine/dine.

A lot of events for Stinger owners.. every 2-3 weeks got something on, drive up north, free movie screening etc. Usually slots filled up very quickly one.

Yet to collect mine, but been trolling the forums. Seems like a lot of the small issues reported like sound insulation (rear), rattling, etc... are not common, and are not too tough to fix DIY.

Go for a test drive. You will be sold. I did, and I was. There is simply no other car in Singapore at this price range that has this balance of looks, refinement and dynamics. It was finally down to Infinity Q50 or Stinger GT Line (2.0t) for me. The clincher was the test drive. No comparison in terms of driving dynamics.

My few gripes with the 2.0 GT Line:

*No memory card slot for media

*Creaking noise over bumpy roads.. caused by windows/door frames, can be fixed though

*Transmission tunnel high

*Suspension a tad harsh if you come from a more comfortable car

*Limited rear view (but heng got reverse camera which you can turn on while driving)

*Foot well area no dim lights when on the go.. if you have a wife who always does her make up in the car on the go, you'd appreciate this  [laugh]

Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

*Creaking noise over bumpy roads.. caused by windows/door frames, can be fixed though

*Limited rear view (but heng got reverse camera which you can turn on while driving)

*Foot well area no dim lights when on the go.. if you have a wife who always does her make up in the car on the go, you'd appreciate this  [laugh]

I don't drive stinger but i have this same problem. how do u fix this?

I don't drive stinger but i have this same problem. how do u fix this?

The sounds are caused by the rubber seals rubbing the door frame or the windows.. seems like an inherent problem from BMW  [laugh]

So they lubricate the seals or change new ones I think. I lazy go fix lah, small issue.. only slow speeds over bumpy roads have.

The sounds are caused by the rubber seals rubbing the door frame or the windows.. seems like an inherent problem from BMW  [laugh]

So they lubricate the seals or change new ones I think. I lazy go fix lah, small issue.. only slow speeds over bumpy roads have.

I went for servicing and told the workshop this problem. They lubricated it, good for a while but the sound is back. more like a short term fix

*Foot well area no dim lights when on the go.. if you have a wife who always does her make up in the car on the go, you'd appreciate this [laugh]

Oh? You mean your reverse camera can be switched on independent of engaging the reverse gear? Seriously? Haven't heard of this before... sounds really good leh..y especially for night time driving... is this standard or a mod?

As for the lighting in the foot well, I don't understand how that impacts your wife making up? I thought having a vanity mirror on the passenger side with lighting on the sunshade will work? Confused...

↡ Advertisement