KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

FC - my routes are 90% highway, 650km per tank when filled to the brim, ESSO98, 24/7 on Sports mode. My case abit more unique due to my routes.. others get 8km/L.

Comfort - 99% only me and my wife. Car feels plenty spacious, shoulder width better than my B9 A4. The car sits low and sporty, good for young people like me but not for bigger / older folks. Suspension abit harsh at times, esp. over lousy quality roads, more obvious if you come from cars with softer suspension. Not uncomfortable like a Honda CTR, but youâd feel the difference.

Practicality - Boot access is huge due to lift back style. Well shaped boot space. Long heavy doors like conti but opens wide. The car fits 2+2 well, if you want 3 adults behind itâs gonna be a squeeze. That said, the car has a lot of neat touches like boot sensor hands free opening, powered tail gate, knock down rear seats, & sufficient storage areas in the cabin too.

Noise - Below 120km/h the Stinger is on par with other conti cars in the same price bracket but above that speed thatâs where it loses out, in terms of noise and vibration. Handling doesnât suffer though. I am a high mileage user and I find the Stinger very comfortable on my daily commutes, itâs made to be a Grand Touring car after all, so it suits my lifestyle esp. with my 90% highway routes. This car is made for me!

I like the engine/exhaust note.. esp. accelerating under Sports mode, the exhaust growl louder. Though Iâm told new 2019 batch will have the artificial piped in exhaust note, but not everyoneâs cup of tea I think.

thanks for sharing. looks like you really enjoy the car
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hehe i'm not speaker guy so I'm not sure.. I reckon the music/radio playback won't be affected. That's why need the branded speakers for this feature, the stock factory speakers probably can't do it.

the nardo grey test drive unit at FULCO already has this feature. cannot be turned off.

the nardo grey test drive unit at FULCO already has this feature. cannot be turned off.

I dunno about that.. maybe is 2019 batch.

I know my Stinger 2.0T GT Line doesn’t have it, at least that’s what we are told. I collected late Aug.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Same considerations - my calculations was about SGD10K more in terms of depre and running costs. I ended up with the 2.0t. Happy with my balanced decision between myself and family. :)

Let me know too if there is a WhatsApp group for owners and meet up. :)

For those still deliberating between Stinger and XE, A5, etc...Just test drive. That did it for me. Clear winner at the price.

Pm me ur no.
  • Praise 1

I think the rear is absolutely gorgeous:

uD2V6MM.jpg5nEQy70.jpg

Daytime shot of interior:

GWoL4IP.jpg

Korean have done well in designing this car, its definitely a headturner

Only if the rear space and headroom as good as skoda superb i will definitely consider stinger

Korean have done well in designing this car, its definitely a headturner

Only if the rear space and headroom as good as skoda superb i will definitely consider stinger

Yup. It depends on what you're looking for.. If space & practicality, Stinger cannot ace it for most people.

I use it only for myself and my wife like merely a 2 seater so space constraints not an issue. In fact most of the time the rear seats are down for extra cargo space for my work or grocery shopping  [:)]

Nice car...

The tail light reminds me of maserati granturismo & side profile A7.

Kia cars are often mash-up of others...

Yup. It depends on what you're looking for.. If space & practicality, Stinger cannot ace it for most people.

I use it only for myself and my wife like merely a 2 seater so space constraints not an issue. In fact most of the time the rear seats are down for extra cargo space for my work or grocery shopping [:)]

I will buy stinger gt more for its v6 biturbo engine, rather than space as a key consideration

I will buy stinger gt more for its v6 biturbo engine, rather than space as a key consideration

Of course if budget no issue, the v6 Stinger is one to go for  :D

But bo lui then like me make do with the 2.0T GT Line lor  [laugh]

In my opinion, for such car.. to use practicality is key criteria is abit weird lah.

I use it only for myself and my wife like merely a 2 seater so space constraints not an issue. In fact most of the time the rear seats are down for extra cargo space for my work or grocery shopping [:)]

Actually rear leg room is good. Just that the sloping roof thats not suitable for tall passengers.

Anyway in carwow review, mat watson go shake the centre console and conclude that its not solid as its shaky lol. First time i see such review

Actually rear leg room is good. Just that the sloping roof thats not suitable for tall passengers.

Anyway in carwow review, mat watson go shake the centre console and conclude that its not solid as its shaky lol. First time i see such review

For people like me with low centre of gravity, it's actually good.

But for the carwow review, Mat does that with most cars to test their build quality. How often does one shake the centre console, to be, it's still a very well built car.

For people like me with low centre of gravity, it's actually good.

But for the carwow review, Mat does that with most cars to test their build quality. How often does one shake the centre console, to be, it's still a very well built car.

For carwow, i am surprised that mat said its shaky when it looks so well built. Anyway that guy abit biased esp toward brits car.

And he will go point out every single mistake for french cars lol

↡ Advertisement