KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

The maintenance schedule for Stinger is the same as any Japanese/Korean B&B car...

nothing special about the ATF etc used either.

I see. Thanks.
↡ Advertisement

for auto trans, do you step on the brake with your left foot??

I use my left foot to apply brake. But need some getting used to and train your brain and left foot to brake. Now i cannot brake with right foot cos i can't apply the correct pressure for modulating the brakes haha

I will try to rmb ask agent abt the estimated servicing/maintenance for the stinger over the 10yr coe but thought I can give a shot here and see if any one here tried asking agent this question before?

I assume the overall service/maintenance fees paid for the kia stinger over 10yrs should be much lower than a golf gti?

Gti I read from some reviews in the conti golf section that the mu/clutch/gb can cost easily a few Ks for each part if you hard drive and nv take care of it. Again, this is hear say from forum only.

The new GTI is 6 speed or 7 speed? I believe the new 7 speed DSG is also a wet clutch. Generally, wet clutch is quite ok, u just need to do 60k flush and about 70k clutch plate changes. The real issue is with the 7 speed dry clutch, which are on the earlier Jetta and golf models. The GTIs have stronger DSG gearboxes which can be abused. haha

It is 6 speed wet clutch.

I see, then I don't think the 6 speed DSG will give much problems. But I thought the stinger 8 speed gearbox is also quite ok when I test drove it. I also driving a 6 speed DSG, so I told myself cannot compare apple to apple cos tech is different.

Got a call from Sales that C&C got the latest COE for April delivery.... looking forward for the delivery...

Congrats!

Got a call from Sales that C&C got the latest COE for April delivery.... looking forward for the delivery...

Congrats on your new ride. One more stinger on the road.

So far I have spotted more stinger in punggol area (1x yellow, 1x white, 1x can't rmb colour) than other parts of sg.

• Praise 1

Congrats on your new ride. One more stinger on the road.

So far I have spotted more stinger in punggol area (1x yellow, 1x white, 1x can't rmb colour) than other parts of sg.

I see 1 x blue along Bt Timah every morning during the school run, plus 1 x white (tzheng) at Jurong West. I have also seen a yellow one too... the Stinger not too uncommon... feel a rush when I see one... cos this is one performance car within reach lar...

• Praise 1

The SE me told me there approximately 160 Stingers on the road.

Thats quite alot for a model that are often being ridiculed as being irrelevant in SG context by those Conti lovers

• Praise 1

Congrats ! How Long did you have to wait after placing deposit ?

• Praise 1

I don't think yellow is offered anymore. Their brochure and the car showroom colour display rack no longer offer yellow.

• Praise 1

Yellow has some paint issues during production. So yellow is not offered at the moment. That's what the SE told me.

The blue is the nicest in my opinion but I tend to like blue. The cars I buy new tend to be blue lol.
  • Praise 1

Stinger blue still feels kinda light under the sun. If 1 or 2 shades darker, then I think will be nice.

I prefer the white and red.