KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

(edited)

Here is a good playlist with a mix of Kia Stinger GT reviews from various YouTube channels:

Edit:

Sorry, it doesn't look like you can embed a playlist, it only embeds the first video, and the link gets embedded even when I don't use the tags.

Just go to the Playlist page and select the Kia Stinger GT one:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCusGcs_FMrYAA5MDZ49tZ0g/playlists

Edited by motoent
↡ Advertisement

Generally all KIA SEs from the main showroom very "chill" one...

went to the showroom many times and none even bothered to approach me etc.

You'll probably get better luck and service @ Fulco branch (according to feedback from current owners).

none even bothered to approach me etc.

sometimes i wonder if that's a new way of serving cilents. You know some ppl (like me) prefer to see and feel the car first before being approached by SE, so some SE stand far away or at least don't appear in front of u.

(edited)

none even bothered to approach me etc.

sometimes i wonder if that's a new way of serving cilents. You know some ppl (like me) prefer to see and feel the car first before being approached by SE, so some SE stand far away or at least don't appear in front of u.

seriously doubt so, since they are surviving on commission.  

I also don't like to have an SE following me around like a hawk, but the very least they can do (for anyone who wants some business) is to just introduce themselves and ask you to look for them if you need any help.

Despite all the bad feedback on Borneo Motor, when i visited and walked really fast to the car i just wanted to see, a lady actually ran from the entrance chasing after me and quickly assigned me an SE even though I said I just wanted to look around.  The SE stood a distance away from me (but always in sight), after introducing herself.  She quickly approached me whenever I looked like i needed some answers, and promptly moved away again after that.

... but in the end i still chose Stinger la :P

Edited by Asure7
  • Praise 1

I just asked for the test drive. The SEs are hard up to sell the car. Don't be put off by them, if they don't allow test drive, then don't bother buying cos it is their loss, not yours. But seriously it is a good car! But I won't seriously, I won't pay anything above 148k for the 2.0L. hahaha It is just me, cos the value of money is not pegged correctly for this car. Don't flame me ah.  [laugh]  

You are correct to tell the truth, I will not even offer more than 130K. Impressive -Yes and long to own one, it's juz way out for ordinary car enthusiast like many of us, the look can kill and adrenaline pumping, good thing in life must wait and wait we will, only thing is : How long KIA management can wait coz thy have target to hit and Thy are pretty sure it will sell, not for a song . My guess is KIA Stinger GT is around 130K max, the rest is their profit margin before cost, rent, SE comms and others . . . 

seriously doubt so, since they are surviving on commission.  

I also don't like to have an SE following me around like a hawk, but the very least they can do (for anyone who wants some business) is to just introduce themselves and ask you to look for them if you need any help.

Despite all the bad feedback on Borneo Motor, when i visited and walked really fast to the car i just wanted to see, a lady actually ran from the entrance chasing after me and quickly assigned me an SE even though I said I just wanted to look around.  The SE stood a distance away from me (but always in sight), after introducing herself.  She quickly approached me whenever I looked like i needed some answers, and promptly moved away again after that.

... but in the end i still chose Stinger la :P

haha so the SE don't matter, we will still buy the car if we like it.

nowadays so many info can be found online, sometimes we may know the specs better than SE. SE is just there to do paperworks and nego with us haha

• Praise 1

You are correct to tell the truth, I will not even offer more than 130K. Impressive -Yes and long to own one, it's juz way out for ordinary car enthusiast like many of us, the look can kill and adrenaline pumping, good thing in life must wait and wait we will, only thing is : How long KIA management can wait coz thy have target to hit and Thy are pretty sure it will sell, not for a song . My guess is KIA Stinger GT is around 130K max, the rest is their profit margin before cost, rent, SE comms and others . . .

No need to guess, dyodd

post-1798-0-12322400-1559536232_thumb.jpeg

They are a business not a charity. How to sell the Stinger GT at 130k when their cost is already 168k?

• Praise 4

Supersonic

No need to guess, dyodd

9573A444-A0CE-46D9-9CF1-A0220604A27A.jpeg

They are a business not a charity. How to sell the Stinger GT at 130k when their cost is already 168k?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the 2.0 L version because that was the quoted post he was replying to. Even though he wrote Stinger GT in his reply for some reason (which is wrong). The 2.0 is 133k basic cost, so that's at least in the ballpark.

Anyway, this confusion is another reason why talking about the lower specced version in this thread is just stupid. At least without being extremely careful about clarifying which version one is referring to. The company itself doesn't make it a whole lot easier as they've named the 2.0 the Stinger GT "line" but it's definitely not comparable to the proper 3.3 Stinger GT. It's like mixing up an AMG "line" car with a proper AMG.

• Praise 3

should wait for Nike/Adidas to sell their shoes at $10.

After all it only costs a few dollars for them to make a pair  :grin:

• Praise 7

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the 2.0 L version because that was the quoted post he was replying to. Even though he wrote Stinger GT in his reply for some reason (which is wrong). The 2.0 is 133k basic cost, so that's at least in the ballpark.

Anyway, this confusion is another reason why talking about the lower specced version in this thread is just stupid. At least without being extremely careful about clarifying which version one is referring to. The company itself doesn't make it a whole lot easier as they've named the 2.0 the Stinger GT "line" but it's definitely not comparable to the proper 3.3 Stinger GT. It's like mixing up an AMG "line" car with a proper AMG.

Even if it's the GT Line, he won't offer more than 130k in his own words, for a car with 133k basic cost.

It's no loss to C&C anyway cos there will always be buyers who are willing to pay for the product they want.

• Praise 1

Buyers sure have one. CNC does not bring in the Stinger to make losses for the company.

Even if it's the GT Line, he won't offer more than 130k in his own words, for a car with 133k basic cost.

It's no loss to C&C anyway cos there will always be buyers who are willing to pay for the product they want.

(edited)

I also won’t offer S$130k for the car..

M’sia selling ard MYR 240k ~ S$80k lei..

Somemore, next door neighbor..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 2

I also won’t offer S$130k for the car..

M’sia selling ard MYR 240k ~ S$80k lei..

Somemore, next door neighbor..

If that is case, then there is nothing for you to buy in Singapore...

In Australia, approx. selling price for the below;

CX-9 - AUD60K

Camry - AUD40k

Golf - AUD35K

Odyssey - AUD48K

BMW X3 sdrive20i - AUD65K

My Msian colleague bought his Subaru Forester at RM120K nia....Sometimes, he drives to office on weekend...

• Praise 3

Hi all. Sorry I have to post here as there is no GT Line thread yet.

Just booked a GT Line via the online sale. Hope to learn from existing owners and join in any forum or chat groups for the Stinger if any.

Cheers!

• Praise 1

Yeah, Im referring to 2.oLit version, now it even lesser as we speak sour of the car price, i drop further south to $126K no more.

without prejudice to KIA stinger owner/s who had bought, tested and driven for a while and due respect to all, I reckon the price I quoted would be the entry level one would pay for it, any thing more options added in wld be charged separately . . . ( fair price to me ), it's my personal opinion

Buyers sure have one. CNC does not bring in the Stinger to make losses for the company.

How do you think KIA can lose money over not selling Stinger well ? i can accept the fact this model has the privilege of sport car image, yet we don't see 1 stinger in 100-200 cars in busy Orchard road, most are Merc, Beemers, few Maserati and Jagaurs perhaps and loads of Jap SUVs cruising around town.

C&C do not have to kow-tow to public perception on pricing. thy can wait and We can wait too . . .let's see who duck 1st !! ( we don't have to buy from Peter, we can juz walk round the block and get from Paul  . . . ) [thumbsup]

For those who haven't test drive it but is wondering how good is it, just go test it. Even if you don't buy it you get to know how far Kia has come since the 1st Picanto days.

I was looking at other established brands and test driving them....this Stinger is the first car I test drove and booked on the spot.

The current price is actually on the high side compared to its low of around 153K last year. But I wasn't ready to change car then.

It wasn't even on my initial shortlist until I saw it again in cinema advert while watching Avengers End Game :)

Look past the brand and just test drive it with an open mind. It might just change the way you look at Korean cars.

• Praise 3

How do you think KIA can lose money over not selling Stinger well ? i can accept the fact this model has the privilege of sport car image, yet we don't see 1 stinger in 100-200 cars in busy Orchard road, most are Merc, Beemers, few Maserati and Jagaurs perhaps and loads of Jap SUVs cruising around town.

C&C do not have to kow-tow to public perception on pricing. thy can wait and We can wait too . . .let's see who duck 1st !! ( we don't have to buy from Peter, we can juz walk round the block and get from Paul  . . . ) [thumbsup]

Yes you can also wait until the durians fall from the sky and just go pick them up.

In a limited supply market (limitation of COE supply), nobody will sell below real costs (loss of real money), regardless of whatever public (or your) perception on pricing. The lowest a rational dealer will go is don't sell at all i.e. don't bring the model in (zero profit).

Your negative perception of pricing (of Kia or any other brands) has zero impact. Sorry for telling you the sad truth.

• Praise 4

For those who haven't test drive it but is wondering how good is it, just go test it. Even if you don't buy it you get to know how far Kia has come since the 1st Picanto days.

I was looking at other established brands and test driving them....this Stinger is the first car I test drove and booked on the spot.

The current price is actually on the high side compared to its low of around 153K last year. But I wasn't ready to change car then.

It wasn't even on my initial shortlist until I saw it again in cinema advert while watching Avengers End Game :)

Look past the brand and just test drive it with an open mind. It might just change the way you look at Korean cars.

Most of the reviews online are the GT. With good reason too since the price diff is minimal over in the western countries. If one purchase a GT line here in Singapore,are we missing something special here in the form of the GT? Performance wise especially....
↡ Advertisement