KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

(edited)

Well saidð

When my car signal light bulb blow, I felt so uneasy when changing lane.

Will get it change asap.

Just cannot tahan those driver that don't signal for lane change, turning..

Time to break out the good ol' fashioned hand signals. :D

A bit OT, but I still remember my hand signals from basic theory days. Right turn is obvious. Left turn is stick finger out and make a circular motion like you're telling the driver behind he's gila. Stop is right angle hand up.

But when I checked online, the standard gestures are quite different. In LHD countries, their turn left is analogous to our turn right, but their turn right is like our stop gesture. And their stop gesture is to droop their arm out of the window like our drivers holding a ciggie.

I've attached our BTT guide here.

post-52704-0-30773900-1560706777_thumb.jpg

And, for comparison, here are the signals prescribed by AMDK country:

post-52704-0-49330500-1560706918_thumb.png

Why ours so uniquely Singapore one? Given how "international" our roads have become of late, what if there's a misunderstanding?

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement

Chey why take the trouble to rem all these?

In SG, we use the ever famous international greeting hand sign. Works everytime too. You will surely get a warm reception back from fellow motorists too  [laugh]  :XD:

• Praise 1

Chey why take the trouble to rem all these?

In SG, we use the ever famous international greeting hand sign. Works everytime too. You will surely get a warm reception back from fellow motorists too [laugh]:XD:

That's why my middle finger very nicely manicured.

Never know when it'll be asked to stand upright and perform in public.

:D

• Praise 1

Hi all. Sorry I have to post here as there is no GT Line thread yet.

Just booked a GT Line via the online sale. Hope to learn from existing owners and join in any forum or chat groups for the Stinger if any.

Cheers!

Wah bro! You bit the bullet and bought the car! Congratulations!!! How much did you pay for it then if I may ask?

Wah bro! You bit the bullet and bought the car! Congratulations!!! How much did you pay for it then if I may ask?

Thanks! I signed at $159,999 during the online warehouse sale. Only 1 unit. The normal price was about $165K then. By now should have dropped a bit more after the latest COE.

Thanks! I signed at $159,999 during the online warehouse sale. Only 1 unit. The normal price was about $165K then. By now should have dropped a bit more after the latest COE.

Oh... that's quite a standard price... wished you bought just a few months earlier... then it was a bit lower... $10,000 less not small change to poor man like me...

Oh... that's quite a standard price... wished you bought just a few months earlier... then it was a bit lower... $10,000 less not small change to poor man like me...

im patiently waiting for someone to sell his stinger hahaha! hoping for a 120k oddish. poor man here. 

• Praise 1

im patiently waiting for someone to sell his stinger hahaha! hoping for a 120k oddish. poor man here.

Isn't an oddish a pokemon?

Take a queue number and stand in line  [laugh]

• Praise 1

U hope for 110k for RS245, and hope for 120 odd k for Stinger.

• Praise 1

This is the kind that go to Kia showroom and ask how come Cerato cannot sell him for 50K since COE only 26K  [;)]  [:p]  [laugh]  

well everyone have different kind of hope. just like many hope to win toto. 

;) 

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

I am keen on the stinger but was troubled by the creaks and noise in the test drive car. The sound was coming from the sunroof, doors and the boot hatch. I read from forums that these are common issues in the MY2018 cars. As the car is now into MY2019, are these issues already resolved? Can owners of MY2019 cars provide their inputs? Many thanks.

• Praise 1

This is the kind that go to Kia showroom and ask how come Cerato cannot sell him for 50K since COE only 26K [;)][:p][laugh]

Actually can leh... over the weekend Komoco advertised the Avante for only $50,000 sans COE and asked you to name your COE price... just $1 lor... ha ha ha ha...
  • Praise 1

I am keen on the stinger but was troubled by the creaks and noise in the test drive car. The sound was coming from the sunroof, doors and the boot hatch. I read from forums that these are common issues in the MY2018 cars. As the car is now into MY2019, are these issues already resolved? Can owners of MY2019 cars provide their inputs? Many thanks.

The only solution is to get the GT and drive it so that the screams of your passengers drown out the squeaks.

:D

• Praise 3

(edited)

not really troubled by the squeaking noise (v minimal in my case.. it's only a bit when i turning up MSCP)...

it's actually caused by weatherstrip rubbers rubbing against one another.

but for those with such problems, there are multiple solutions.

i.e.

1. 3M Felt strips (something like this https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Squeak-Rattle-Self-Adhesive/dp/B012D1FXD2); or

2. Rub some rubber grease/silicon every few months (AD will do this for you if you complain about it); or

3. Turn on the radio louder lol

For noise behind, you may want to further soundproof the boot (it doesn't come soundproofed).  But I don't have a problem... maybe those sitting behind more affected.

Edited by Asure7
  • Praise 1

Crushing on it for the longest time but fraid gotta look at the used market earnestly. Cooes*

Nice car but can't help to wonder why the caliper is at that position.. lol
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1