KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

On 5/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, flashbang said:

In SG a 6s car is plenty. Most 2L turbos can end up in this category. Any higher and you have to go elsewhere to enjoy the power.

sad, my 2l turbo cannot hit 6s.

7s at best and thats on paper

↡ Advertisement

On 5/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, SZ_ford said:

sad, my 2l turbo cannot hit 6s.

7s at best and thats on paper

Aiyoh... fast enough already lar...

Hi anybody notice a slight pull towards the left when cruising at higher speeds on highways? Had some mechanics have a look, have balanced wheels, rotated etc but its still there. Brought car in for wheel alignment and there is really nothing wrong. 

It really very minor, but i notice it on long cruises. Just wanted to see if others have encountered something similar.

9 hours ago, gamer2030 said:

Hi anybody notice a slight pull towards the left when cruising at higher speeds on highways? Had some mechanics have a look, have balanced wheels, rotated etc but its still there. Brought car in for wheel alignment and there is really nothing wrong. 

It really very minor, but i notice it on long cruises. Just wanted to see if others have encountered something similar.

If it is really very minor, and only noticeable over a large distance, then it is not the car but the road.

Most of our roads are cambered to the left to cater for water drainage, and its natural for a car to drift to the left.

• Praise 3

On 5/11/2020 at 11:55 PM, Hamburger said:

Its the tyre. Try placing the back to the front and see how it feels.

If 3.3 version its running staggered setup, can't rotate back to front. Not too sure about 2l though

On 5/11/2020 at 11:39 PM, gamer2030 said:

Should not pull left or right.

After CB, leave your car with MCFers. They will be happy to test for you! 

Meanwhile can try swapping the front wheels left to right to eliminate possibility of tire/wheel problem.

😁

• Praise 1

(edited)

You guys do know that roads are built with a slight gradient to drain off rain water?

If your car is pulling towards the longkang. It's fine. Blame it on the electric power steering that modern cars have.

It gets even lighter when you are on the expressway.

Edited by Watwheels

22 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

You guys do know that roads are built with a slight gradient to drain off rain water?

If your car is pulling towards the longkang. It's fine. Blame it on the electric power steering that modern cars have.

It gets even lighter when you are on the expressway.

Hold steering wheel straight then if car straight its ok

if let go steering wheel to test sure will pull to the left

Trust me guys, been there done that. When the car pulls,  it's not the gradient of road that caused it, although it is one of the attributes to a lesser extend.

Mine pulled. A Pirelli  P7.

Did 4 wheels alignment, side slip,  changed lower arms and control arms that were little worn.

Nothing works. Finally decided the most expensive fix, 4 new tyres.

Works like a charm.

• Praise 3

Thanks guys. Yea its really vey minor and car travels straight with the steering wheel straight. There is a preference for it to tilt towards the left which, as you guys mentioned, may be due to the left camber of the highways and roads.

Anyone have recommendation of any sites with truly flat roads around SG? Like a huge empty carpark or very very flat straight road of  maybe 1-2 kms?

C&C said they can test for me but I don't want to trouble people if this is a common thing everyone experiences.

Btw I have rotated the tyres front to back and left to right (2 L stinger so non-staggered set-up). Still there.

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, gamer2030 said:

Thanks guys. Yea its really vey minor and car travels straight with the steering wheel straight. There is a preference for it to tilt towards the left which, as you guys mentioned, may be due to the left camber of the highways and roads.

Anyone have recommendation of any sites with truly flat roads around SG? Like a huge empty carpark or very very flat straight road of  maybe 1-2 kms?

C&C said they can test for me but I don't want to trouble people if this is a common thing everyone experiences.

Btw I have rotated the tyres front to back and left to right (2 L stinger so non-staggered set-up). Still there.

ECP

• Praise 2

(edited)
8 hours ago, gamer2030 said:

If you need 1-2 km of road to detect it, or if you need to look out for it, you really really don't have a pulling problem lah. 

It's like a dripping water tap. Once it gets into your head you can't stop thinking about it, and it gets worse and worse.

If you are truly disturbed by it, you can get the car alignment set up to pull slightly to the right. But it's not something I would do. 

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

car ownership from maintenance point of view korean will be cheaper then a conti. most conti each service can be 500 and above while the korean can be half of it.  

38 minutes ago, Fuse01 said:

car ownership from maintenance point of view korean will be cheaper then a conti. most conti each service can be 500 and above while the korean can be half of it.  

Why Korean car service cost can be half of Conti?

2 hours ago, Fuse01 said:

That is if you just go to the workshop empty handed. If you know where to source for parts online, conti servicing can be very cheap as well.

↡ Advertisement