KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

(edited)
26 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Another tiagong aka hearsay theory with nothing to back up. Yawn....

Actually, it is quite true.

That's because Conti must use exotic engine oil.  Otherwise, it will kaboom.

On the other hand, Korean can use $20 engine oil.

😂

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Fuse01 said:

car ownership from maintenance point of view korean will be cheaper then a conti. most conti each service can be 500 and above while the korean can be half of it.  

u mean normal oil change? i paid 160 for it. unless you mean some parts to change

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Fuse01 said:

car ownership from maintenance point of view korean will be cheaper then a conti. most conti each service can be 500 and above while the korean can be half of it.  

That's not exactly true. if you know your car well, the mechanic have no chance to chop you.

Anyway, Stinger maintenance won't be cheap. It is a 3.3L V6 twin-turbo engine. Sure cost more than the average one.

consider both cars are 2L engine, one bmw / volvo / merc and one kia /Hyundai

both under warranty and go back to workshop : one will cost 500 the other 250.

if u have your own workshop and could not be bother with the original vendor that your bought the car from then u can even go giant and buy cheap oil (50 bucks 4 litre )and change yourself. so that not apple to apple compare ya.  

so if u compare 2 cars with v6 engine , not many on the market .. say a M2 v6 and the stinger v6 

you will still have to pay alot alot more to service the bmw . for the record , my rover with flat 6, i was paying 800 per visit for oil and plugs .. i think can cover kia 2 service liao

• Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, Fuse01 said:

if u have your own workshop and could not be bother with the original vendor that your bought the car from then u can even go giant and buy cheap oil (50 bucks 4 litre )and change yourself. so that not apple to apple compare ya.  

so if u compare 2 cars with v6 engine , not many on the market .. say a M2 v6 and the stinger v6 

you will still have to pay alot alot more to service the bmw . for the record , my rover with flat 6, i was paying 800 per visit for oil and plugs .. i think can cover kia 2 service liao

What viscosity EO Kia engine use?

If factory says 30wt, it will be around the same price as BMW.

By the way, both M2 and Stinger 3.3L use 30wt oil.

1 hour ago, Fuse01 said:

500 for normal oil change?  thats crazy price. even 250 is crazy

i must have found a gem at 160

On 7/9/2020 at 1:06 PM, SZ_ford said:

500 for normal oil change?  thats crazy price. even 250 is crazy

i must have found a gem at 160

Go Malaysia to change oil lor... I used to do that until COVID-19 struck... but in SIngapore if really just change oil and oil filter, still need $160 meh? I see those flyers that they tuck under your windscreen wipers at HDB car parks, many advertising for less $100 for a simple oil change with oil filter, including oil and filter. I thought that's all that is needed for a regular service?

pay abit more, they will do those xx point check, check here n there to ensure your car is alright. i prefer that

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Go Malaysia to change oil lor... I used to do that until COVID-19 struck... but in SIngapore if really just change oil and oil filter, still need $160 meh? I see those flyers that they tuck under your windscreen wipers at HDB car parks, many advertising for less $100 for a simple oil change with oil filter, including oil and filter. I thought that's all that is needed for a regular service?

no la i not complaining, just comparing my $160 and $500, i am satisfied enough haha

On 7/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, SZ_ford said:

no la i not complaining, just comparing my $160 and $500, i am satisfied enough haha

Yeah of course lar... that's like 30% of the AD's price lor...

On 7/13/2020 at 1:57 PM, Dannnn said:

pay abit more, they will do those xx point check, check here n there to ensure your car is alright. i prefer that

Point is whether they actually check and if it's necessary or just to boost the list of things to be checked to make it look impressive and hence worth your money... ha ha... if you look into your car manual and note the service intervals, you can just let the mechanic know when to check what... I feel not necessary to pay extra for what are simple visual checks which doesn't cost them a cent to do....

On 7/18/2020 at 11:12 AM, teomingern said:

Yeah of course lar... that's like 30% of the AD's price lor...

thing is.....160 is from AD, haha for normal oil change

• Praise 1

On 7/20/2020 at 8:02 AM, SZ_ford said:

thing is.....160 is from AD, haha for normal oil change

Wow! That's pretty ok for AD I suppose... but I still feel it's expensive lar... I do mine for $20-30 oil plus $20 labour charge. But yes, $160 is still ok...

• Haha! 1

Facelift 2020 Stinger will be debuting in South Korea soon with new infotainment setup

Screenshot_20200815-093318__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200815-093327__01.jpg

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 1

My front driver side door panel is starting to creak quite a bit- particularly going up ramps and sharp turns (i.e. when there is body flex). Its getting quite annoying. Have read it's quite common among Stingers overseas. Have raised a query with Kia and waiting for them to get back.

Just wondering if anyone else here has experienced/experiencing this. If so, anyone had C&C here rectify the problem?

Also, anyone thinking of getting the anniversary body kit? It's on sale currently from C&C directly.

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, gamer2030 said:

My front driver side door panel is starting to creak quite a bit- particularly going up ramps and sharp turns (i.e. when there is body flex). Its getting quite annoying. Have read it's quite common among Stingers overseas. Have raised a query with Kia and waiting for them to get back.

Just wondering if anyone else here has experienced/experiencing this. If so, anyone had C&C here rectify the problem?

Also, anyone thinking of getting the anniversary body kit? It's on sale currently from C&C directly.

Creaķing sound from door panel can also be from the door rubber seal getting very dry. Go Autobac get the rubber seal lubricants and apply on it and noise should gone. No harm trying it. If it is the cost it only cost a few dollars to fix.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1