KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

On 9/18/2020 at 8:30 AM, SZ_ford said:

is it just me? i dont see stinger so often on the road nowadays. probably im driving less

I always see a dark blue one 3.3 L with quad exhaust on Bukit Timah Road...

↡ Advertisement

On 9/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, teomingern said:

I always see a dark blue one 3.3 L with quad exhaust on Bukit Timah Road...

Could be me :) i drive there in the morning everyday

• Praise 2

On 9/2/2020 at 7:36 AM, gamer2030 said:

So basically just lubricating the left frontal window weather strip solved the problem.

Just to confirm... does that mean that they just lubricated the rubber strips that hold the glass in place (front, top and rear of glass window panel) when the glass is wound up?

What kind of noise were you hearing?

Many thanks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Daggraa said:

😗

IMG_20200930_190322.jpg

Very nice car with the chrome side mirror. Stinger is in my list too, maybe will have a look at the facelifted model 2021.

• Praise 1

All stinger if I am not wrong is chrome mirror default. Mine is chrome... Is just the reflection...  Dun think there is after market mirror except carbon fibre. 

On 9/25/2020 at 3:20 PM, TJH said:

Just to confirm... does that mean that they just lubricated the rubber strips that hold the glass in place (front, top and rear of glass window panel) when the glass is wound up?

What kind of noise were you hearing?

Many thanks.

Hey sorry for the late reply.

Yea they just lubricated the rupper trips if I'm not wrong. What was stated on the sheet was the weather strip which was lubricated. Probably the same.

The noise was like a pulling creak each time the car flexed, noticed the sound went away when I drove with the window not fully closed. That helped in the problem solving.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, gamer2030 said:

Hey sorry for the late reply.

Yea they just lubricated the rupper trips if I'm not wrong. What was stated on the sheet was the weather strip which was lubricated. Probably the same.

The noise was like a pulling creak each time the car flexed, noticed the sound went away when I drove with the window not fully closed. That helped in the problem solving.

Yes, thank you. Think I hear this when going down ramps. Will try the lubrication.

Edited by TJH

I just asked C&C to sort it out. A 6 month old car shouldn't be making such noises. I'm sure any lubricating mixture especially for rubber would help. Just glad it's not like a door panel problem which would mean more work.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:02 PM, gamer2030 said:

I just asked C&C to sort it out. A 6 month old car shouldn't be making such noises. I'm sure any lubricating mixture especially for rubber would help. Just glad it's not like a door panel problem which would mean more work.

Just some info for those who might be facing a similar problem. The cause of the creaking, croaking noises that seemed to come from my door panel -- especially when going up or down ramps -- was the rubber seal that runs around the periphery of the inside aspect of the door. Lubricating this seal eliminated those noises completely. I had previously lubricated the rubber seals that held the glass window in place and the seal that runs around the door opening... but that did not eliminate the noise.

• Praise 2