KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

that price is calculated "backwards" from tradein/loan/negotiation. so everyone has a different price. but i think if u are serious. take out credit card ready to sign, u got the power, u can nego alot. if u tell them other car brands doing this, promo that, show u know your stuff and ready to walk out to a realistic better deal next door

Wa so U took out card and after when they drop px u said consider first ah? The base model was 157k at best px last time without minus trade in car value. The 148 is after minus your car trade in value or without minusing?

What color u looking at bro? 148k is quite tempting

Still undecided on the colour yet as I haven’t seen the actual car with the various available colours. But having seen numerous YouTube on the Stinger, I would opt for red, white or blue.

no doubt I will take cla anytime.

the brand itself is not at the same level.

That's not replying to what i said lol

Nobody disputing brand power but brand power is not the ONLY thing.

No need lah.

I put my 1.6L next to CLA also faster

Haha.... so bad :)

lol this is very true. however some folks worry more about brand still

After so much has changed, they still beating the same horse....

Still undecided on the colour yet as I havenât seen the actual car with the various available colours. But having seen numerous YouTube on the Stinger, I would opt for red, white or blue.

Can pm the SE contacts? Yes red and white look damn cool

Anyone mind to share the price quoted for the Stinger 2.0?

Seems like SE is able give a lot of discounts off the price listed.

That's not replying to what i said lol

Nobody disputing brand power but brand power is not the ONLY thing.

Haha.... so bad :)

After so much has changed, they still beating the same horse....

Agreed that brand power is not the only thing to consider.

In the past, branded conti car used to represent luxury, durability, safety, tech & options. With Asian brands progressing so well these days, I’m not surprised some models from Asian brand have caught up or better offering than the Conti brands.

In fact, certain Asian brands have merged with or ventured closely with Conti brands, their offerings are indeed superb and drive with a Conti feel.

My 2 cents only.

Agreed that brand power is not the only thing to consider.

In the past, branded conti car used to represent luxury, durability, safety, tech & options. With Asian brands progressing so well these days, I’m not surprised some models from Asian brand have caught up or better offering than the Conti brands.

In fact, certain Asian brands have merged with or ventured closely with Conti brands, their offerings are indeed superb and drive with a Conti feel.

My 2 cents only.

Which conti? Brits, French, German
  • Praise 1

Which conti? Brits, French, German ð

In term of German cars, luxury, tech & options diluted by small CC engine model to chase sales. Of course, Kia catches up la.

In term of drive, I am really not sure catch up or not. With EPS, even German cars lose its mojo in term of steering feedback and sharpness. German has uses alloy sub-frame for some time. Alloy sub-frame increase stiffness and reduced unsprung weight.

There is 1 department I think Korean will never catch, silky smooth 8 speed ZF GB.

Aluminum frame is pretty exotic and extremely expensive to produce... only the high end German models get these... and from what I read, good luck to you in an accident... you can't knock back aluminum parts... you just replace... super expensive I would think...

I don't think for normal cars, you'll ever get aluminum... can't compare the two... Kia is really for the common man in the street... marques like BMW and Audi still cater to the well heeled... not the same target audience I suppose... I don't think we'll ever see ordinary cars with aluminum sub-frames... the economics simply doesn't add up...

As for gearbox, more research and they'll get there... plus poach more expert staff from the established performance brands... that one I am quite sure they'll catch up... and finally if they can't do it in-house they'll just do what everyone else is doing... get an expert brand and use their gearboxes...

• Praise 1

Errr... then C63, AMG GT is what in Merc range?

Probably in the awesome range.

Just like cold hatchback . Warm hatchback, hot hatchback n hyper hatchback

Aluminum frame is pretty exotic and extremely expensive to produce... only the high end German models get these... and from what I read, good luck to you in an accident... you can't knock back aluminum parts... you just replace... super expensive I would think...

I don't think for normal cars, you'll ever get aluminum... can't compare the two... Kia is really for the common man in the street... marques like BMW and Audi still cater to the well heeled... not the same target audience I suppose... I don't think we'll ever see ordinary cars with aluminum sub-frames... the economics simply doesn't add up...

As for gearbox, more research and they'll get there... plus poach more expert staff from the established performance brands... that one I am quite sure they'll catch up... and finally if they can't do it in-house they'll just do what everyone else is doing... get an expert brand and use their gearboxes...

Nowadays, Aluminum alloy no longer exotic.

My previous BMW E39 520 uses aluminum alloy sub-frame.  My current Mini R56 uses aluminum alloy for rear trailing arm and wishbone.

Audi/BMW/Merc no longer for the well-heel since the expansion of the entire lineup to cover affordable to well-heel.

It is true that more expert can be poached.  Not forgetting that IP can't be migrated easily without being served with summon.

Undeniably, Stinger GT is a value for $$$ sports sedan.  In term of drive feel, I believe it still a long way to close up the gap with Audi/BMW/Merc.

Spotted a yellow one today.

attachicon.gif41875210695_2f1dd3b830_k.jpg

Oh man, just stick on Comfort Delgro stickers on the doors and hood and put on the taxi cab sign on the roof... viola... can be a revenue making machine....haha

CDG shd buy lots of yellow stinger to replace their overrated Mercedes Benz fleet... 

Big cars cant do bright and loud colors. They will look like commercial vehicles. I bet its the same yellow hue as found in the current Picanto and Soul....

• Praise 1

Oh man, just stick on Comfort Delgro stickers on the doors and hood and put on the taxi cab sign on the roof... viola... can be a revenue making machine....haha

CDG shd buy lots of yellow stinger to replace their overrated Mercedes Benz fleet...

Big cars cant do bright and loud colors. They will look like commercial vehicles. I bet its the same yellow hue as found in the current Picanto and Soul....

what color do you think looks nice then?
↡ Advertisement