KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

In my view, signalling reduces stress because it shows you respect other road users.

Only the low class ones will try to block. Anyway, I've almost never successfully been blocked. Mustn't signal and dawdle. Signal and move smoothly and quickly into the intended lane. Don't give them time to cut you off lol.

Yea but that would mean almost immediately upon signal, which is what 90% of road users do lol.
↡ Advertisement

In my view, signalling reduces stress because it shows you respect other road users.

Only the low class ones will try to block. Anyway, I've almost never successfully been blocked. Mustn't signal and dawdle. Signal and move smoothly and quickly into the intended lane. Don't give them time to cut you off lol.

Yup. Signal. Do it. Don't create moments of hesitation and let people cut you off. Such situations lead to accidents. Must take control once you decide to move it.

After all, he who hesitates, masturbates  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Yup. Signal. Do it. Don't create moments of hesitation and let people cut you off. Such situations lead to accidents. Must take control once you decide to move it.

After all, he who hesitates, masturbates [laugh]

Problem is many drivers simply saunter into the lane without regard for the speed that most other drivers are travelling at, leading to a red wave and unnecessary braking and slowdown... I don't mind signal and move, but for goodness sake, step on it and move in briskly...
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Yea but that would mean almost immediately upon signal, which is what 90% of road users do lol.

It does depend on how quick one's car is sometimes, haha.

But even with a sluggish car, I think one just has to adjust to the prevalent attitude on the roads. While one shouldn't *simultaneously* signal and start moving, it's possible to signal for just that perfect duration where the other driver is aware of the signal, but doesn't have the reaction time to plant his/her foot on the gas to cut one off. This sort of balancing act shouldn't be necessary in a polite society, but we're very far from being one.

Of course, the car behind can flash away in frustration. Orbigoot. Let them waste more of their bulbs' lives. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

Guys I am just perplexed by this signal issue here on local roads. Is this a problem unique only to Singapore or other countries have this problem too cos I don't travel overseas or drive there.

• Praise 1

Guys I am just perplexed by this signal issue here on local roads. Is this a problem unique only to Singapore or other countries have this problem too cos I don't travel overseas or drive there.

I see no issue here. I signaled and if one dont give way, there will be others that would eventually.

Sometimes it's not others, it's the skill to switch lane.

Supersonic

I advocate to signal too while driving.

In occasions where I don't, I am probably chieting hoggers.

Even then I do. Otherwise it gives them a good excuse to post you up on social media and get fellow retards to condemn you. And technically it's a traffic offence so a police report is also possible.

Signal then chiet.

Btw guys,kudos to Kia for putting out such a beautiful car Kia Stinger. I never fail to steal admiring second glances everytime. Hopefully at right time I can be an owner too:)

Turbocharged

I've found it's a good idea to start signalling left as soon as you've made the decision to yield. Then move over only after there is adequate space and it's safe.

Signalling early has a few benefits. It calms the guy behind you down - he knows you're aware of him and that you're fully willing to yield when it's safe. You've also made your intent completely clear so he won't be tempted to undertake you.

Moving over without signalling can be rather dangerous especially if the car behind thinks you're like 90 percent of the cars in lane 1 who will stubbornly refuse to budge. Two cars moving into the same lane can create a rather unpleasant situation.

So always signal, wait and move over when safe. When someone does this, I almost always put up my hand in thanks.

Predictability is the most important thing to achieve in street driving. In contrast to racing, where predictability and unpredictability must be judiciously balanced haha.

My pet peeve is drivers who don't signal. Too damn many of them here. I consider them far more dangerous than "speedsters".

U raised a very important point. Predictability. Nowadays alot of drivers assume I can predict wat they think n will do on the road.... :D

Supersonic

U raised a very important point. Predictability. Nowadays alot of drivers assume I can predict wat they think n will do on the road.... :D

Yes and these retards who don't signal are often damn defensive. They think they're always right (and within their rights not to signal) even when it causes danger to themselves and others.

Yes and these retards who don't signal are often damn defensive. They think they're always right (and within their rights not to signal) even when it causes danger to themselves and others.

What to do... sigh... now with one touch signal stalks, not pm difficult also leh... some more Hyundai ones can adjust the number of blinks per touch..

What to do... sigh... now with one touch signal stalks, not pm difficult also leh... some more Hyundai ones can adjust the number of blinks per touch..

hyundai getting crazy recently hahahah 

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi,

anyone has recommendations for workshops that sells and help to do re-badging for KIA Stinger? Please advise and PM. Thank you!

Edited by victornwz