KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

Seems to me most of u are in process of still deciding or for the right market conditions. Anyone who have driven the stinger for some time? Can share some noteworthy aspects of the car from a end user perspective?:)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The design of Skoda Octavia RS245 not as nice as Kia Stinger in my opinion. At least I don't feel the racing passion in there. While many will value the engine and other features of a car, there's also a price to pay for good design. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Yes of course because the context of the last few posts were all about 2l stinger?

The thread is still entitled Stinger GT, which is the 3.3L version (the definitive one in my opinion). So it's good to clarify.

The RS245 is a reasonably quick car (I've driven it recently). I'm not sure how it stacks up against the Stinger 2.0 (which I've not driven), but I believe you're right that it's comparable (century sprint in the 6 second range). Og course it's not comparable to the 3.3 GT (which I have driven and been impressed by).

Edited by Turboflat4

The thread is still entitled Stinger GT, which is the 3.3L version (the definitive one in my opinion). So it's good to clarify.

The RS245 is a reasonably quick car (I've driven it recently). I'm not sure how it stacks up against the Stinger 2.0 (which I've not driven), but I believe you're right that it's comparable (century sprint in the 6 second range). Og course it's not comparable to the 3.3 GT (which I have driven and been impressed by).

Good to clarify but sometimes might be over clarifying. Last few posts talked about stinger 2l car, and someone cannot recall other 2l car below 150k. So I stated RS245 and said as fast as stinger. Unless u r a lawyer, I think it’s fine to assume I’m comparing like for like at 2l. Life need not be so clear always or we waste time asking questions.
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

Good to clarify but sometimes might be over clarifying. Last few posts talked about stinger 2l car, and someone cannot recall other 2l car below 150k. So I stated RS245 and said as fast as stinger. Unless u r a lawyer, I think itâs fine to assume Iâm comparing like for like at 2l. Life need not be so clear always or we waste time asking questions.

Honestly this situation wouldn't keep arising if people stopped hijacking the threads dedicated to the higher specced, higher powered, higher priced models to start discussions about the lower spec models. The same thing happened with the i30N thread. It is possible to have begun new threads to discuss these models.

One doesn't need to have a legalistic mind to recognise when the intent of a thread has become muddied.

In any case, not everyone has the time to review every post in a thread, especially when it's been detailed with the "wrong" model like in this thread. So I just asked a question to clarify.

If the thread were to be retitled to Kia Stinger (all versions), I would not even be asking the question.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

It’s not a small difference. 133k vs 168k.

DSG is also great for fast cars. This is the wet one. Not the problematic dry one.

oh didnt know the difference is more than 30k. I thought is less than 20k.

But i still take the stinger 2l haha, Skoda just don't work for me

• Praise 1

The Stinger is designed as a grand tourer while the RS245 is basically a souped up family sedan... totally different design propositions leh...

Supercharged

Agreed with this. You just can't compare family sedan with a sports car.

The Stinger is designed as a grand tourer while the RS245 is basically a souped up family sedan... totally different design propositions leh...

• Praise 1

Seems to me most of u are in process of still deciding or for the right market conditions. Anyone who have driven the stinger for some time? Can share some noteworthy aspects of the car from a end user perspective?:)

Driving my stinger for 1 yr 1 month already!

Very happy with my bumblebee still!

No issues so far and it's been a comfy, fast and great looking ride.

• Praise 7

Driving my stinger for 1 yr 1 month already!

Very happy with my bumblebee still!

No issues so far and it's been a comfy, fast and great looking ride.

Wow ..nice. glad u r enjoying the drive. To some bros,I owe u an apology. The thread title did not sink in until one pointed out. Too excited to share my thoughts about the car and didn't realize this is meant for the 3.3L GT and not the 2.0 GT line. Thanks for your replies from some of you.
  • Praise 2

Wow ..nice. glad u r enjoying the drive. To some bros,I owe u an apology. The thread title did not sink in until one pointed out. Too excited to share my thoughts about the car and didn't realize this is meant for the 3.3L GT and not the 2.0 GT line. Thanks for your replies from some of you.

But there's no forum group for the Stinger 2.0 GT leh ...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Stinger thread can only talk about 3.3l version and not the 2.0l version?

What's next - Corolla Altis 1.6l Elegance with 16" rims ONLY thread?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Stinger thread can only talk about 3.3l version and not the 2.0l version?

What's next - Corolla Altis 1.6l Elegance with 16" rims ONLY thread?

Got ah? I mean there's such a dedicated thread about Altis?

Most times, easily all threads have posts that went to Mars, Jupiter and then back to earth and then to Venus, Saturn and back to earth again.

Probably that's why there is the most "close one eye" rule to not go OT otherwise one, like myself will have a post with 3 parts for each thread per se.

So, for very specific car model with a really focused group of members wanting to discuss just that model, perhaps one can be gracious to create another thread or request Mod to change thread title to include more variants, of course, with blessings from TS.

Its like good filing system for quick reference rather than combing thru the whole thread and end up with little to reflect file title.

That's my personal thoughts. It makes for easy reading on a specific topic.

Safe ride and have a good weekend.

Cheers

• Praise 1

Anyway guys. Chill. Cool down. Btw,The SE who attended to me seems very chill too. Not too enthusiasm from him. Haha... honestly I could end up as a very likely customer but...well.

Anyway guys. Chill. Cool down. Btw,The SE who attended to me seems very chill too. Not too enthusiasm from him. Haha... honestly I could end up as a very likely customer but...well.

Look for Eric Leong. Great guy.

I’ve got no vested interest.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Stinger lumber xx, you stick so close to my backside I worry for your new car and your insurance if I need to brake. In front of me all the cars so many, dun poke me leh.

Edited by ECONOMIC

(edited)

Generally all KIA SEs from the main showroom very "chill" one...

went to the showroom many times and none even bothered to approach me etc.

You'll probably get better luck and service @ Fulco branch (according to feedback from current owners).

Edited by Asure7