KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

(edited)
21 hours ago, Contipro said:

It would be a failure to promote under name of KIA.

if it name under the German and price remain same like current, it will sell like hot cakes.. 🔥

Sadly if it really end production or this could be another marketing gimmick.. STAY TUNED..

They have a redesigned logo n u can no longer say Korean is a cheap rip off as the likes of LG n Samsung has proven that the Korean has what it takes to make good cars..

U look at infinity brand.. it took so long and may take even more years to even have the brand accepted as a metoo Lexus.

even the mumbo jumbo drive by wire steering did not provide a good technology leapt.. 

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

If you driving with Sport and Comfort mode all the time ya..... likely but if you on Eco mode for daily drive can clock decently about 10 - 12 km/l in mix stop go traffic 40% and expressway 60%

Neutral Newbie

Yup have been driving in comfort mode since I got the car every tank 480++ i was thinking cant be worse than my SLK so decided to try eco mode then i realize its a big diff likely due to mapping even in eco mode u press the accel it actually not snail at all will pick up my guess is eco mode upshift faster while comfort mode allows you to drag to higher rpm if you turn on coasting i guess will have even better millage but i turn it off because just don't suit sg driving conditions and driving with it may cause problem later on

• Praise 1

@Dannnn yes I am getting ard 8.6km/l after 3 years of driving a 2.0.

mostly city driving on weekdays, and more highways on weekends.

i stick mostly to comfort mode. eco is only suitable when minimal city driving.

• Praise 1

My long term average is 9.1l/100km atm. Though I do mainly highway weekdays and city weekends. I'm usually in Smart mode and leave the coasting on as it's useful on downhill stretches of highway. 

Do most of you service with C&C still or have you moved to external service providers? C&C is really overpriced and I'm nearly done with the service credits ..

Good evening Stingers,

I am planning to get a second-hand Stinger for a family car and was wondering if any of you have any recommendations or advice on my plan? So far I have my eye on a 3-year old Stinger on SGcarmart. Also, is a Stinger good for road trips north to Malaysia? I am thinking of driving my family of 4 when the pandemic clears.

I hope the experienced Stinger bros/sis can help a newbie out. Please feel free to PM me if posting here is inconvenient. Thank you very much for reading. 

Kind regards,

MS

Neutral Newbie

Generally I'll say as a family car is fine, it has big seats and big boots fuel consumption is also good I generally daily drive in Eco mode 1 tank about 580 km at ~52 lit top up. Overtaking is a breeze even in Eco mode however in stop go traffic go with comfort mode.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:41 PM, Midnight_Steed said:

Good evening Stingers,

I am planning to get a second-hand Stinger for a family car and was wondering if any of you have any recommendations or advice on my plan? So far I have my eye on a 3-year old Stinger on SGcarmart. Also, is a Stinger good for road trips north to Malaysia? I am thinking of driving my family of 4 when the pandemic clears.

I hope the experienced Stinger bros/sis can help a newbie out. Please feel free to PM me if posting here is inconvenient. Thank you very much for reading. 

Kind regards,

MS

good car.... safer buy than old bimmer or Audi

On 10/16/2021 at 10:41 PM, Midnight_Steed said:

Good evening Stingers,

Kind regards,

MS

My stinger has served my family well for the past 3 years and counting.

went on a few road trips to Malaysia as well with my family (2 adults 1 child) and it is a good option.

however if you have more than 1 kid I would consider whether a bigger car might be a better option, especially if the kids are small and still require car seats and strollers, you might need to rearrange stuff in your boot and seats occasionally to squeeze out sufficient room or when you have additional passengers.

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, benoit16 said:

went on a few road trips to Malaysia as well with my family (2 adults 1 child) and it is a good option.

however if you have more than 1 kid I would consider whether a bigger car might be a better option, especially if the kids are small and still require car seats and strollers, you might need to rearrange stuff in your boot and seats occasionally to squeeze out sufficient room or when you have additional passengers.

I think if you don't need to store a lot of things in the boot and can travel to Malaysia light, the boot size is good enough lor... I think typical trip is like 2-3 days at most... the rear can put two child seats right? Just can't sit a third person in between only I think...

49 minutes ago, teomingern said:

I think if you don't need to store a lot of things in the boot and can travel to Malaysia light, the boot size is good enough lor... I think typical trip is like 2-3 days at most... the rear can put two child seats right? Just can't sit a third person in between only I think...

@teomingern yup if u put 2 car seats the person in between will not have much shoulder room even if they can squeeze in. The boot is good for such a car but once u load it with a stroller or 2, you will need to squeeze to fit much other things. 

This is part of the reason why I am reluctantly changing my stinger to another ride.

9 hours ago, benoit16 said:

@teomingern yup if u put 2 car seats the person in between will not have much shoulder room even if they can squeeze in. The boot is good for such a car but once u load it with a stroller or 2, you will need to squeeze to fit much other things. 

This is part of the reason why I am reluctantly changing my stinger to another ride.

I see... go for streamline stroller lor... that's what I do for travelling... the full sized one is CMI for travelling...

5 hours ago, teomingern said:

I see... go for streamline stroller lor... that's what I do for travelling... the full sized one is CMI for travelling...

haha I am already using those foldable cabin sized ones bro. 

anyway just sharing my thoughts from actual experience with the car for 3 years. 

23 hours ago, benoit16 said:

i have survived with a suzuki liana and 3 cars seats in back and a double stroller in the boot.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

i have survived with a suzuki liana and 3 cars seats in back and a double stroller in the boot.

salute you. key word is survive haha sure can if u do not mind the hassle or seldom need to ferry others like grandparents

↡ Advertisement