KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

4 hours ago, Hawkeye6001 said:

mine is Cat B (guaranteed COE), validated on the LTA site. 

Wah... See what stunt C&C can pull if it's close to registration limit for the COE...

@teomingern nope..it was a trade-off for the lesser trade-in from an earlier agreed amount. Bargain lor..

Happy with car as its performance justify the price. Personally feel its value when compared with BMW, Audi and MB of the specs.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye6001 said:

@teomingern nope..it was a trade-off for the lesser trade-in from an earlier agreed amount. Bargain lor..

Happy with car as its performance justify the price. Personally feel its value when compared with BMW, Audi and MB of the specs.

Oh definitely... if only it came out when I was looking for a car... the 2.0 L turbo was within reach a while after the initial launch... ha ha... but not anymore...

11 hours ago, teomingern said:

Oh definitely... if only it came out when I was looking for a car... the 2.0 L turbo was within reach a while after the initial launch... ha ha... but not anymore...

Understand what you meant, unless the COE is scrap, most cars are going to the moon. Just like our public housing (HDB costing more than condos of same size).

Sad case for average citizens when 70% of earnings goes back to the govenment.

As they say WTD living in Singapore.  😪

Neutral Newbie
On 4/10/2022 at 7:52 AM, Hawkeye6001 said:

@teomingern This was part of the deal. Also I had it repolished and glass coated. Thanks. 

bro, where do you do the repolishing and glass coated?

7 hours ago, Berryyy said:

bro, where do you do the repolishing and glass coated?

Someone I used years ago. 

Detail Mania - Speak to Brendan (8182 6987) or drop in on whatsApp. Located at marina golf course carpark.

I'm not too impressed this time round. Preparation before glass coat not well done (maybe KIA paint not refine). But price is reasonable. 

Can check him out. Cheers😉

19 hours ago, Hawkeye6001 said:

Someone I used years ago. 

Detail Mania - Speak to Brendan (8182 6987) or drop in on whatsApp. Located at marina golf course carpark.

I'm not too impressed this time round. Preparation before glass coat not well done (maybe KIA paint not refine). But price is reasonable. 

Can check him out. Cheers😉

Polish? Really polish as in grinding off the top coat and reapplying the lacquer layer and then putting on the glass coat? Your car so new, you grind off the top coat?

Sorry wrong meaning 😇

They are suppose to polish car to remove swirls and minor scratches before appling glass coat.

No I did not remove the lacquer layer. (Not this time).

Planning to repaint the car, that's when I will remove lacquer layer. The Kia paint job is not to my expectation 😡 (not smooth and fine, very uneven).

hi, i know this is a forum but can i just check if anyone knows of a rental company/person who is willing to rent a stinger for a wedding somewhere in early sept?

On 4/12/2022 at 2:09 PM, teomingern said:

Polish? Really polish as in grinding off the top coat and reapplying the lacquer layer and then putting on the glass coat? Your car so new, you grind off the top coat?

On 4/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, Hawkeye6001 said:

Sorry wrong meaning 😇

They are suppose to polish car to remove swirls and minor scratches before appling glass coat.

No I did not remove the lacquer layer. (Not this time).

Planning to repaint the car, that's when I will remove lacquer layer. The Kia paint job is not to my expectation 😡 (not smooth and fine, very uneven).

Polishing doesn't totally remove topcoat lacquer . It's removing micron thickness layers . 

The paint would look like sh*t without its topcoat.

as attached :

clearcoat.jpeg

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

How is the FC of the 2.0 Stinger.?

tiagong ard 7-8KM/L  on average.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1