KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

If the cc is too high, maybe cnc wont even bring in. If drop to 2000cc, the performance, features might greatly reduced too. Y not just go check out the K3 SX sport.

• Praise 1

Hope it comes in... will be a halo product for Kia and all Korean makes... unfortunately Komoco refuses to bring in the Genesis coupe...

Genesis is brought over by Genesis last yr?? So dont think komoco will bring in non hyundai models?

Seem like Hyundai not going for major change in design in the near future, maybe just some facelift.

Hmmm when hyundai able to steal tat kia audi designer

(edited)

Genesis is brought over by Genesis last yr?? So dont think komoco will bring in non hyundai models?

Seem like Hyundai not going for major change in design in the near future, maybe just some facelift.

Hmmm when hyundai able to steal tat kia audi designerð, maybe they will have major design change. Awaiting.

No lar... Genesis brought in by Komoco. They brought in the Genesis G70 or 80. Not the coupe. The coupe is a totally different kettle of fish.

Edited by teomingern

I hear that this car is coming to our shores in Jan 2018. 2 litre turbo. And the best part is that it will be priced between $140K - $150K.

• Praise 5

I hear that this car is coming to our shores in Jan 2018. 2 litre turbo. And the best part is that it will be priced between $140K - $150K.

any idea will it come with 10 year warranty as well?

All Hyundai and Kia come with the 10 year factory warranty for engine and drive train...

Reading from Kia Care Service Plan brochure, manufacturer's warranty is only 5 years. The additional 5 years are provided by the dealer (in this case C&C)

Hope they bring in the 3.3L version as well. If that comes in at $160-180k, would be a pretty compelling proposition indeed.
  • Praise 1

Hope they bring in the 3.3L version as well. If that comes in at $160-180k, would be a pretty compelling proposition indeed.

Road tax will be quite crazy... I wonder if there's anything comparable in the sub-$200K bracket?
  • Praise 1

Road tax will be quite crazy... I wonder if there's anything comparable in the sub-$200K bracket?

have to bring in a model to showcase and those that put the money where their mouth is can plonk the 100K for booking.

Then KIA/ cnc can start milking the cow. Else, its like discussion for the sake of discussing.

Easier to just get the KIA mfg to ship in one unit to showcase at the motor car show. Charge back to marketing expense.

Then, if successful, plant it at the International airport to gain more eyeball.

No exact comp.

For the 2.0 turbo @ 255hp, you can look at Leon Cupra, WRX, Civic Turbo but all are smaller cars, and priced at $180-200k.

For the 3.3 @ 365hp, there is literally nothing until the $250-300k pricing zone. Maybe the closest is the Infiniti Red Sport, which has 400hp, listed at $256k.

No exact comp.

For the 2.0 turbo @ 255hp, you can look at Leon Cupra, WRX, Civic Turbo but all are smaller cars, and priced at $180-200k.

For the 3.3 @ 365hp, there is literally nothing until the $250-300k pricing zone. Maybe the closest is the Infiniti Red Sport, which has 400hp, listed at $256k.

Cupra R going at 160K now.

Civic turbo 179K or there about with 2 units available in Jan Feb allocation, but a tad ex in my opinion and only cater to the 3rd leg crowd.

Infinity has not quite caught up with the game yet with the iffy drive by wire steering which for lack of a better word, vague and underwhelming and feels like a KIA then a proper Lexus competitor.

The Stinger has to have a compelling enough price advantage and need to spin off a whole new motoring experience in order to gain a leg up in a wannabe segment that's occupied by Volvo S60 and Audi A4 and even the VW Passat. Its front wheel drive, I know vs Stinger rear wheel drive. But as I mention, the market need to at least, sit up and take notice of a sweeping changes and the luxury that it has to offer, just like how the first IS200 came on the scene.

I still cannot forget the way the LS400 is treated for the servicing back in the 90s. The mechanic works in an aircon environment like a surgeon in an operating theater and performs a task that is unheard of even till today.

Polishing the underneath exos pipe that no one will ever appreciate unless the owner peek underneath.

• Praise 1

Civic turbo 179K or there about with 2 units available in Jan Feb allocation, but a tad ex in my opinion and only cater to the 3rd leg crowd.

Infinity has not quite caught up with the game yet with the iffy drive by wire steering which for lack of a better word, vague and underwhelming and feels like a KIA then a proper Lexus competitor.

The Stinger has to have a compelling enough price advantage and need to spin off a whole new motoring experience in order to gain a leg up in a wannabe segment that's occupied by Volvo S60 and Audi A4 and even the VW Passat. Its front wheel drive, I know vs Stinger rear wheel drive. But as I mention, the market need to at least, sit up and take notice of a sweeping changes and the luxury that it has to offer, just like how the first IS200 came on the scene.

I still cannot forget the way the LS400 is treated for the servicing back in the 90s. The mechanic works in an aircon environment like a surgeon in an operating theater and performs a task that is unheard of even till today.

Polishing the underneath exos pipe that no one will ever appreciate unless the owner peek underneath.

Wah... you must be rich enough to own the Lexus back then to know this kind of inside news leh... I never heard of this before...

Aiyoh... it's still a Kia... so the marketing mentality from Kia will still be Kia... Hyundai realised that and created Genesis... and then realised belatedly that they need separate dealerships and different approach to market it... but the Stinger still carries the Kia badge and then sits in the same showroom as the rest of the Kia range... a bit difficult to differentiate the showroom experience right? Need a lot of moolah to do what Toyota did to Lexus... and Lexus did not have as keen competition back then... the Euro brands weren't as well made or as reliable... so in sense, Lexus picked the lower hanging fruit first... but for Kia and Genesis... the competition is really hot these days... not so easy to succeed...

• Praise 2

That's very good special extra service

polishing the under carriage pipe.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

Wah... you must be rich enough to own the Lexus back then to know this kind of inside news leh... I never heard of this before...

Aiyoh... it's still a Kia... so the marketing mentality from Kia will still be Kia... Hyundai realised that and created Genesis... and then realised belatedly that they need separate dealerships and different approach to market it... but the Stinger still carries the Kia badge and then sits in the same showroom as the rest of the Kia range... a bit difficult to differentiate the showroom experience right? Need a lot of moolah to do what Toyota did to Lexus... and Lexus did not have as keen competition back then... the Euro brands weren't as well made or as reliable... so in sense, Lexus picked the lower hanging fruit first... but for Kia and Genesis... the competition is really hot these days... not so easy to succeed...

hahah.. unfortunately, no. Had a corolla. But was curious about the Lexus. My SE back then, intro me to the Lexus guy to orientate me on the Lexus and what it means to own a lexus because you owning not just a car , you entering a differnt lifestyle. And that was what BM was trying to create.

That's very good special extra service

polishing the under carriage pipe.  [thumbsup]

:D

yeah.

Try doing it now and the bean counter will ask u how does that "equal, better, faster, cheaper, safer???? "

and wait for the last hurting bit from the boss,

"do u even use your brain and think out loud what you are doing ????" haiz....

How to drive passion and engage on a job when the mere fact of improving the image is considered a worthless endeavor.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement