COE bidding - 2nd round of Jan 2017

Leo22

COE bidding has started. One factor that will affect COE price greatly will be the number of car sold during the motor show. Any news about how many cars were sold over the 4 days ?

↡ Advertisement

Normally this time of the month, usually around 12th of the quartly month, LTA will announce the Quota for the next quarter, but seem like the are delaying for this time for the quota from FEB - April. Don't know what the reason, they cannot finish the calculation due to the holiday season, haha.

• Praise 1

COE bidding has started. One factor that will affect COE price greatly will be the number of car sold during the motor show. Any news about how many cars were sold over the 4 days ?

What we do know, as therock says, is that Merc were offering guaranteed COEs with rebate at 50k for Cat A and 53k for Cat B during the motorshow. 

I have never seen them offer guaranteed COEs at rebate levels so close to latest COE levels before...  

What we do know, as therock says, is that Merc were offering guaranteed COEs with rebate at 50k for Cat A and 53k for Cat B during the motorshow.

I have never seen them offer guaranteed COEs at rebate levels so close to latest COE levels before...

Kah motor on the other hand offers rebates with a huge range. 39k, 43k, 46k, 47k.
  • Praise 1

Can only save the dealer's margin. Can't save on COE and PARF.

So easy to fool our banks? No need any collateral or guarantee from the parent company (i.e. uber inc?)

Stock options and if not. Ubers 1percent of income hehe
  • Praise 3

Normally this time of the month, usually around 12th of the quartly month, LTA will announce the Quota for the next quarter, but seem like the are delaying for this time for the quota from FEB - April. Don't know what the reason, they cannot finish the calculation due to the holiday season, haha.

Correct. I have been eagerly waiting for the data for the Dec 2016 and by right. LTA should announced the coming quotas for 2017 feb to Apr by now.

LCR still have a long wait list and they have run out of cars for rent since Dec. I do not think they will stop buying in any time soon. The below blog does tell some story

fastgrabsg.wordpress.com/

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

LCR still have a long wait list and they have run out of cars for rent since Dec. I do not think they will stop buying in any time soon. The below blog does tell some story

Wah! seems like very hot leh!

• Praise 1

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/default.aspx?scr=yes&keyword=COE%20quota

why still no update yet??

Usually quota released on the 12 but no news at all.

I am curious too and my foolish suspicion is that they spent the last few days to determine how many COE to cut by reviewing the excess situation of PH companies. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

LCR run out of cars for rent? Though read some report that says that there are 1000 private rented cars parked at the carpark unused?

Edited by 13177

I am curious too and my foolish suspicion is that they spent the last few days to determine how many COE to cut by reviewing the excess situation of PH companies.

I wonder if it can be something more major - for instance, lumping private hire/rental car together with cabs, i.e. a new COE category

I wonder if it can be something more major - for instance, lumping private hire/rental car together with cabs, i.e. a new COE category

And with this new category, they will have to take COEs from the cat A & B - it's a zero sum gain bro..

And with this new category, they will have to take COEs from the cat A & B - it's a zero sum gain bro..

agreed and not only that.. the operator will work together and keep this cat low. they can pakat and take turns to accumulated their coe and while keeping the coe low. IMO they purposely want u all to fight to push up the coe.. then they make more money.

• Praise 1