COE bidding - 2nd round of Jan 2017

Leo22

this month is year end reporting, they need more time to prepare additional full year reports apart from the standard monthly ones. 

no lei.. if you go see the LTA press release, they almost never delay the release of COE quota until so late, or past the second bid of the month for that matter

Share is to fully utilise the rental...just like taxi...running 24/7 by 2 drivers.

This is one main reason I told my in-law not to buy a 2nd hand Honda Vezel (6 month old car but clocked 45,000km) highly suspected used rental car.

actually that is smart [thumbsup]

If quota is not release before final bid. I guess all cat will go up. Fear factor .

as always, 2 sides to it..

you can say it may go down coz everyone's murmuring that there will be more COE going around and all the hopefuls are waiting around.

maybe the gahmen just want to take in as much as they can before they drop the good.. news?

Edited by Karebu
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

no lei.. if you go see the LTA press release, they almost never delay the release of COE quota until so late, or past the second bid of the month for that instance

actually that is smart [thumbsup]

as always, 2 sides to it..

you can say it may go down coz everyone's murmuring that there will be more COE going around and all the hopefuls are waiting around.

maybe the gahmen just want to take in as much as they can before they drop the good.. news?

You might be right on higher quota and good news. COE impact the margin of AD and PI. Is either they earn less or make a lost on committed COE in event if it is a bad news especially the PH. We should know later today.

The next 2 bids will give a very good indicator of the upcoming COEs pricing. Logically after a major motor show, pricing should go up. If still maintain or even drop, likely we can see good opportunities in the next few months till June when the upcoming private hire policy should be out.

no lei.. if you go see the LTA press release, they almost never delay the release of COE quota until so late, or past the second bid of the month for that matter

Yes, you are right, Jan releases are usually on 14th Jan.

Probably the quota increased substantially and they want to hold back the announcement until after today's bidding

Probably the quota increased substantially and they want to hold back the announcement until after today's bidding

You are more optimistic. my fear is they may reduce quota, therefore holding back announcement till after 4.00pm to avoid causing confustion and panic. They are nice to give the potential buyers next 2 week to absorb and diggest the confusion instead. Pardon my thoughts, it is human by nature to have all sort of wild negative imaginations when living in fear. Edited by Ct3833

Very likely, When PSI 1st time went over 200, NEA also delayed the release. They always need more time to get approval from higher authority when there are bad/unfavorable news. 

Good news must share mah. Why hold back?

Good news must share mah. Why hold back?

Just like Shocked Market.. opsI i meant Stock Mkt..

Certain sensitive information only release after market closed.

You are more optimistic. my fear is they may reduce quota, therefore holding back announcement till after 4.00pm to avoid causing confustion and panic. They are nice to give the potential buyers next 2 week to absorb and diggest the confusion instead. Pardon my thoughts, it is human by nature to have all sort of wild negative imaginations when living in fear.

i understand your POV, we shall see

imo, the quota determination methodology is well documented. Ceteris paribus, based on Oct and Nov dereg data and assuming Dec is a normal month, next quota should be more than current.

If quota is going to drop, based on the LTA that I know, I think they will be more than happy to release early and push up prices this afternoon. 

• Praise 2

imo, the quota determination methodology is well documented. Ceteris paribus, based on Oct and Nov dereg data and assuming Dec is a normal month, next quota should be more than current.

If quota is going to drop, based on the LTA that I know, I think they will be more than happy to release early and push up prices this afternoon. 

Have the same view as you, base on the data on their wedsite, the quota should increase, unless they release some new rule.

• Praise 1

The people in control always think we are like this:

JackNicholson.jpg

@radx included :D

Very likely, When PSI 1st time went over 200, NEA also delayed the release. They always need more time to get approval from higher authority when there are bad/unfavorable news. 

If 1 bid guaranteed COE cannot get.....what can get man?

I've booked my ride. 1 bid COE.

Hope to get it this round  :mellow:

• Praise 2

I also do hope that you will be correct than be corrected. We shall all pray.
  • Praise 2

The people in control always think we are like this:

JackNicholson.jpg

@radx included :D

If 1 bid guaranteed COE cannot get.....what can get man?

Mr XYZ...I am Sibei sorry you nvr get your Coe, although it's 1 bid la. But hor.... if you turn to page 2, under terms and conditions hor, under point number 12.2.1 hor, u see that fine print la.... we cannot get your Coe this time la.

• Praise 1

Govt has Plan A and Plan B on tge table

Plan A

COE prices maintain at 50k +-, quota no change or slightly increase

Plan B

Coe prices drop significantly, quota will be cut to increase demand

They will choose either one comes 4pm

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2