COE bidding - 2nd round of Jan 2017

Leo22

I've booked my non-guaranteed COE Wish during Motor Show last Thursday, and secured my COE today.. 1st Bid.. 1 shot 1 kill..

BM seems to stop playing such tactics after change of the top management.. Cheers and huat ah!

How much did u pay for your Wish?
↡ Advertisement

I missed by $1 at 3.59pm back in 2013 when I booked the Altis at $98K.

In the end, asked to top up, which I firmly refused and got back deposit

during the old day "Closed" bidding system, when Cat A was $101 in May 2001, I missed by $2 bidding at $99 :TT_TT: 

C&C also secure a COE for me at last bid price 51999 @ 3.59am (inital bid price 47999)

Quite surprise with C&C bidding so high as i just paid 89k for a kia K3 EX

U got trade in?

Btw. 3.59am is quite early for a bid

• Praise 1

It's great that so many bros here got their COEs.

However one thing I feel we should realise is that these companies need to make money.

So when a 83k deal doesn't come to fruition, that's not because the company selling is evil or deceitful, and they don't deserve curses. 
It was clearly stipulated in a contract, and some buyers went in with the hope of success. But if one does the maths, with a low margin, the best bid they can come up with, will still be too low.

The only thing we can fault them for is that this reflect poor marketing as it has only generated negative publicity, and has not done their sales numbers any favors.

So when another dealer bids high, there must be a reason, and it means they have a higher margin, more clout etc and they also realise they want to sell cars, and if their customers don't get their cars, in the long run, that's bad for business.

Just my 2c worth, cheers.

• Praise 6

ALL HUAT AH!!!............. [bounce2]  [bounce2]  [bounce2] 

Congrats Bro!!! Huat Huat Huat Ah!!!!!

Edited by Nlatio
  • Praise 1

where are those who have been saying COE will surge because of motor show and CNY deliery ? They have all evaporated from this world ?

• Praise 1

It's great that so many bros here got their COEs.

However one thing I feel we should realise is that these companies need to make money.

So when a 83k deal doesn't come to fruition, that's not because the company selling is evil or deceitful, and they don't deserve curses.

It was clearly stipulated in a contract, and some buyers went in with the hope of success. But if one does the maths, with a low margin, the best bid they can come up with, will still be too low.

The only thing we can fault them for is that this reflect poor marketing as it has only generated negative publicity, and has not done their sales numbers any favors.

So when another dealer bids high, there must be a reason, and it means they have a higher margin, more clout etc and they also realise they want to sell cars, and if their customers don't get their cars, in the long run, that's bad for business.

Just my 2c worth, cheers.

Don't fully agree in the sense that why I feel that people are angry when cheap deals do not go through is because the company had an ulterior motive in advertising in the first place. And that is to get you to commit so that for the next few months you do not approach the competitors and they know from day one, barring a miracle you could not possibly have gotten the car at the price offered without a top up.

So instead of wasting time just give a realistic amount and that's it.

My two cents.

• Praise 1

Don't fully agree in the sense that why I feel that people are angry when cheap deals do not go through is because the company had an ulterior motive in advertising in the first place. And that is to get you to commit so that for the next few months you do not approach the competitors and they know from day one, barring a miracle you could not possibly have gotten the car at the price offered without a top up.

So instead of wasting time just give a realistic amount and that's it.

My two cents.

These dealers were anticipating or predicting COE will decline, they gave potential buyers an alternative to book a car at lower price with a relatively thin margin . Unfortunately the outcome did not turn out as expected. Those buyers singed up the package knowing the condition upfront, the dealers cannot be the at-fault party.
  • Praise 2

what car u getting? 

Ok lah. so close, means just matter of time.

ur chance will come and will secure coe

share wif you. A few mths ago, i missed by 10 bucks. jin bang balls

toyota Fielder. yeah, 2 bid Guaranteed. So next round they die die must secure loh 

technically there are 3000 ppl going to get their cars, and 400 did not.  [:p]

:a-bang:  :a-bang:  :a-bang:

hahaha, just joking bro 

There is unused quota of 80 for cat A.That is a lot. Must be one particular company (u know who) bid all the same amount.

I believe those who booked from AD such as BM and KM got their COE.

what do you mean unused ? 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Congratulations bro!At last you get your coe and your new car.

Wasted the 3 months wait from the stupid Kmc.Korean car is cheap 10yrs ago but not now ever since their name already make known.

Happy for you,bro!When can collect car?

Thanks.

Make payment this Monday and collect car 8th February.

Cheers

toyota Fielder. yeah, 2 bid Guaranteed. So next round they die die must secure loh

:a-bang::a-bang::a-bang:

hahaha, just joking bro

what do you mean unused ?

At least 81 (or more) buggers had bidded the same $50,888 (or lower) ... so the last 80 COEs available couldn't have been awarded to these 81 (or more) buggers!

So all don't get! :D

The last 80 COEs are thus "Unused" ... returned back to pool for next quota release exercise

↡ Advertisement