Perodua Bezza

Cypher

Jazz 10k more ð°. I need something which is more economical, haha

Tempted to go for Fit but I think I'll buy bezza as it's more economical in the long run. Parts easily available in Malaysia. Torque converter is more reliable than cvt.

Lol, which SE prettier not my main objective.

Test drove bezza, it's a very basic car that can get me from point a to b (consider huge upgrade for me as currently riding bike).

Ask the poster who said he found fit same price as bezza.

If bezza 10k cheaper I would choose bezza.

:D

(edited)
Need to temper the expectations. Perodua's Limited edition mostly will involve New Bodykits, New Body colour.. those kind...

Unless they actually fitted the limited editions with 1.5, 2NR-VE. That will be something..

Edited by Cypher
  • Praise 1

Agree with @Cypher. I might be wrong but I doubt these "limited edition" bezzas will be shipped to SG considering the poor sales history and high tax on large engine capacity cars. Its probably more catered to the Malaysian market where one can mod anything and everything.

Its a good car, but too bad the pricing kill its sales. 

Agree with @Cypher. I might be wrong but I doubt these "limited edition" bezzas will be shipped to SG considering the poor sales history and high tax on large engine capacity cars. Its probably more catered to the Malaysian market where one can mod anything and everything.

Need to temper the expectations. Perodua's Limited edition mostly will involve New Bodykits, New Body colour.. those kind...

Unless they actually fitted the limited editions with 1.5, 2NR-VE. That will be something..

Seen it. It is very ugly. Original design of the 14" rims for Premium X already so out of proportion, yet it still remain on the ltd edition. Perodua added matt bodykit with red trimming making the wheels lagi more out of proportion. Bigger body mass in appearance make the wheel even more smaller. Wanna give it a sporty look, gotto do something to the rim design or size. Like the Myvi GT featured in car show, then I would say at least thats something.

So nope, better to stick to my primitive metallic silver.

This car put in 1.5 will help in pickup but still cannot take away the unstability at fast NSH speeds due to its tall stance.

Edited by Unfazed

(edited)

Been using the car slightly more than a year now and just a short update

Took this car up to Cameron highlands over the Labour Day hols for a fam vacation.

Boy, it was awesome driving this car up the Tapah route. Engine was super responsive when had to shift down and accelerate. Car was pretty stable in the turns and none of my passengers got motion sickness.

Driving down the simpang pulai route was equally good too with little shortcomings. I had to jam brake turning into one of the sharper turns due to another vehicle driving up along the middle divider and the car was responsive with a little understeering.

Travelled almost 1300km with a stopover in Malacca. Best part of it was avg FC during the trip was 18.9km/L! (Daily driving in SG ranges from 17.2 - 17.6km/L)

Edited by _Sam_
  • Praise 2

Been using the car slightly more than a year now and just a short update

Took this car up to Cameron highlands over the Labour Day hols for a fam vacation.

Boy, it was awesome driving this car up the Tapah route. Engine was super responsive when had to shift down and accelerate. Car was pretty stable in the turns and none of my passengers got motion sickness.

Driving down the simpang pulai route was equally good too with little shortcomings. I had to jam brake turning into one of the sharper turns due to another vehicle driving up along the middle divider and the car was responsive with a little understeering.

Travelled almost 1300km with a stopover in Malacca. Best part of it was avg FC during the trip was 18.9km/L! (Daily driving in SG ranges from 17.2 - 17.6km/L)

Rented a Perodua Alza Auto(From KL) for the same trip a while ago. Ascend via Tapah and Descend via Simpang Pulai. Couldn't really comment on engine performance due to it being rental car but it was spacious inside(5 pax). Too bad Perocom didn't bring in this model.

Hope the Bezza's spacious boot(508l) comes in handy during your trip.

Glad to hear bro drove up to KL with Bezza.

Question....on NS highway, what was your average speed? did it float?

Was Bezza still stable when bigger cars/trucks drove pass your car?

Was it sensitive to crosswind?

When going down hill, did you engage to D3 or D2 gear?

Rented a Perodua Alza Auto(From KL) for the same trip a while ago. Ascend via Tapah and Descend via Simpang Pulai. Couldn't really comment on engine performance due to it being rental car but it was spacious inside(5 pax). Too bad Perocom didn't bring in this model.

I saw a lot of the Alzas on the road. Seems like quite a hit with our neighbours.

Haha the Bezza's boot space was awesome, the space was like endless

(edited)

Glad to hear bro drove up to KL with Bezza.

Question....on NS highway, what was your average speed? did it float?

Was Bezza still stable when bigger cars/trucks drove pass your car?

Was it sensitive to crosswind?

When going down hill, did you engage to D3 or D2 gear?

I kept to the speed limit at 110km/hr most, if not all of the way.

The ride was quite stable even when heavy vehicles sped past. Unlike when I drove my mom's Vios a few years back, the car will start to "float" above 100km/hr. At least I didnt feel any crosswinds for the bezza. One downside of the bezza is the road noise, could barely hear the music at that speed.

I drive a manual bro @Neopcn07 so it was mostly in gears 2 & 3 (between 30-60km/hr). For those driving manual, heel toe downshifting/rev-matching is really useful when going downhill to avoid that sudden jerk due to engine brake and believe me when I say you will be shifting A LOT

Edited by _Sam_

(edited)

Perocom indeed didn't bring in this model. Alza is "cloned" fr Toyota Passo which used to be available here from PI fyi. Not sure if there are any still around as used models. But dun place too high hopes on Alza performance even when it is one that is well taken care of cos it is the power-to-weight ratio.

Perodua priority is to make cars that are affordable to the masses, followed by practicality. Performance is not on top of their list but reliability instead. Performance is not top notch but would not say it is below par either. However, like Proton, some models do surprisingly become popular choice for potential modifications. Take Proton Wira for ie., it is actually "cloned" fr Mitsubishi Lancer & comes in various mainstream options ranging fr 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8 & 2.0 diesel (iirc). Not forgetting many mods ideas generated fr racing enthusiasts themselves too.

Cheers.

Edited by Unfazed

I kept to the speed limit at 110km/hr most, if not all of the way.

The ride was quite stable even when heavy vehicles sped past. Unlike when I drove my mom's Vios a few years back, the car will start to "float" above 100km/hr. At least I didnt feel any crosswinds for the bezza. One downside of the bezza is the road noise, could barely hear the music at that speed.

I drive a manual bro @Neopcn07 so it was mostly in gears 2 & 3 (between 30-60km/hr). For those driving manual, heel toe downshifting/rev-matching is really useful when going downhill to avoid that sudden jerk due to engine brake and believe me when I say you will be shifting A LOT ð.

The Bezza didnt shake mainly because the speeds of the heavy vehicles werent significantly higher, just marginally higher I suspect. Comes along a coach or truck coasting at 130-140 km/h, only then we experience that "shake".

The Bezza can never be more stable than the Vios. Why? It is taller than the Vios physically, be it height or the ground clearance. The Vios is still more stable & also has a better power-to-weight ratio.

Heel-toe & rev matching on a descend? Cant figure that out. Looks like u gotto teach us to bring out more fun in this zippy car.

The Bezza didnt shake mainly because the speeds of the heavy vehicles werent significantly higher, just marginally higher I suspect. Comes along a coach or truck coasting at 130-140 km/h, only then we experience that "shake".

The Bezza can never be more stable than the Vios. Why? It is taller than the Vios physically, be it height or the ground clearance. The Vios is still more stable & also has a better power-to-weight ratio.

Heel-toe & rev matching on a descend? Cant figure that out. Looks like u gotto teach us to bring out more fun in this zippy car. ð

Perhaps they werent travelling too fast but yes there were coaches and long haul trailers.

Well I dont know what to say about the Vios issue. The first gen Vios also had a slight taller rear and that was what i experienced so its just my personal opinion.

Yeah! I am sure those who drive manual will know about those 2 techniques (if not go see youtube). Its pretty fun when you nail it. Of course I didnt go too crazy and limited the revs to 4000rpm at max. By the sound of other cars travelling downhill, I dare say they were at higher revs considering the engine noise and it seems like a normal thing to them.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1