Perodua Bezza

Cypher

Been using the car slightly more than a year now and just a short update

Took this car up to Cameron highlands over the Labour Day hols for a fam vacation.

Boy, it was awesome driving this car up the Tapah route. Engine was super responsive when had to shift down and accelerate. Car was pretty stable in the turns and none of my passengers got motion sickness.

Driving down the simpang pulai route was equally good too with little shortcomings. I had to jam brake turning into one of the sharper turns due to another vehicle driving up along the middle divider and the car was responsive with a little understeering.

Travelled almost 1300km with a stopover in Malacca. Best part of it was avg FC during the trip was 18.9km/L! (Daily driving in SG ranges from 17.2 - 17.6km/L)

May I ask,

1) How many pax inside the car during the trip?

2) How many times did you refuel the car given the small fuel tank(36l)?

3) Are your Rims/Tyres stock size?

Hope you don't mind me asking... Cheers.

↡ Advertisement

May I ask,

1) How many pax inside the car during the trip?

2) How many times did you refuel the car given the small fuel tank(36l)?

3) Are your Rims/Tyres stock size?

Hope you don't mind me asking... Cheers.

Not at all @Cypher

To answer your questions;

1) 3 pax including driver.

2) Thrice throughout the entire journey and being kiasu for fear of unable to find gas stations, I always refuelled at half tank . I think I spent about 150RM on petrol (RON97) in total.

3) Yup stock size. I opted for the gear up package previously. Still using the 14" sport rim Perocom gave.

• Praise 1

Not at all @Cypher

To answer your questions;

1) 3 pax including driver.

2) Thrice throughout the entire journey and being kiasu for fear of unable to find gas stations, I always refuelled at half tank . I think I spent about 150RM on petrol (RON97) in total.

3) Yup stock size. I opted for the gear up package previously. Still using the 14" sport rim Perocom gave.

Thanks for sharing. Don't mind me asking point no 3, Stock rim is 14", Perocom gave you stock rim or different 14" rim?

Did you installed the Vibramat? Surely it helps with the noise at high speed.

(edited)

Thanks for sharing. Don't mind me asking point no 3, Stock rim is 14", Perocom gave you stock rim or different 14" rim?

Did you installed the Vibramat? Surely it helps with the noise at high speed.

@Cypher

Perocom gave 14" sport rims for the gear up package. Its RM rims, called Real Modifications I think. I'm not sure if the rims are indeed lighter than the stock rims but I'll dare the RM rims play a part in having a good FC.

Nope, I have not installed any noise insulation yet. Was wondering if it could be the tires Perocom gave that made it noisy. Also been looking to go JB install the noise insulation mats but couldnt find reviews/lobangs online to go for. You have any lobangs to recommend?

Edited by _Sam_
  • Praise 1

@Cypher

Perocom gave 14" sport rims for the gear up package. Its RM rims, called Real Modifications I think. I'm not sure if the rims are indeed lighter than the stock rims but I'll dare the RM rims play a part in having a good FC.

Nope, I have not installed any noise insulation yet. Was wondering if it could be the tires Perocom gave that made it noisy. Also been looking to go JB install the noise insulation mats but couldnt find reviews/lobangs online to go for. You have any lobangs to recommend?

They should have at least given you 15" rims. I believe they just change the rims but use back the stock Bridgestone tyres.

Check your pm box.

They should have at least given you 15" rims. I believe they just change the rims but use back the stock Bridgestone tyres.

Check your pm box.

They did offer a 15" inch rim package but had to pay additional on top of the gear up package. I thought of changing to a 15" rims once my tires are due for a change.

They gave Bridgestone tyres? Darn it, I got the Hankook Kinergy tyres. That said, the reviews for the Kinergy tires were quite positive. I saw a number of Bezzas in M'sia with the same Kinergy tyres on stock rims. Perhaps they give different tyres for different rim sizes.

Thanks for the heads up on the Vibramat.

I am thinking of changing my bezza air intake, any recommendation?

IMHO, I rather you upgrade your rims/tyres to 15" and change the HU + reverse camera.

IMHO, I rather you upgrade your rims/tyres to 15" and change the HU + reverse camera.

Any recommendations for HU, without reverse camera?

(edited)

What is vibramats? Can it reduce road noice beside vibration?

Where can I get it?

U can try contacting Syukri from the vibramat fb page that Cypher provided. He helped me install the mat for all 4 doors at 160RM on the spot (about 45mins). Pretty friendly and knowledgable guy. He is based in KL so he might charge a little extra for travelling down to JB.

Can feel the difference after installation with lesser road noise, not significant but still an improvement. Music coming from the speakers sounds better too. I understand from him in order to significantly reduce the road noise, many Malaysians do the rubberized coating under the wheel fender.

Edited by _Sam_

(edited)

Hey guys,

I just switched my tires and rims whilst in JB to 195/55R15 and 15" respectively. Was using stock Hankook Kinergy 175/65R14 from AD but switched to Michelin Energy XM2 tires.

The car feels so much more planted now with the new rims and tires especially when making turns. The road noise and rolling resistance were both reduced significantly.

The car's acceleration doesnt seem affected,maybe slightly slower if go by gut feel but doesn't really matter much to me in SG. Its not like we can drive fast here. Braking is also much more effective now.

Can consider upsizing your rims with wider tires if you want a more planted ride. 

Edited by _Sam_
  • Praise 2

Hey guys,

I just switched my tires and rims whilst in JB to 195/55R15 and 15" respectively. Was using stock Hankook Kinergy 175/65R14 from AD but switched to Michelin Energy XM2 tires.

The car feels so much more planted now with the new rims and tires especially when making turns. The road noise and rolling resistance were both reduced significantly.

The car's acceleration doesnt seem affected,maybe slightly slower if go by gut feel but doesn't really matter much to me in SG. Its not like we can drive fast here. Braking is also much more effective now.

Can consider upsizing your rims with wider tires if you want a more planted ride.

Bigger tyres helps handling. You thinking of doing strut bar and anti roll bar as well?
↡ Advertisement