Perodua Bezza

Cypher

Went to bukit gombak for lunch just now and saw a Bezza being used as an instructor vehicle. As I was on a bus, I took a look down and saw it was a manual.

I would say they've got a good market in Singapore.

Hard to find manual car now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Went to bukit gombak for lunch just now and saw a Bezza being used as an instructor vehicle. As I was on a bus, I took a look down and saw it was a manual.

I would say they've got a good market in Singapore.

if i buy a Bezza, i will consider buying a manual.....bcos a 4 speed gearbox will be quite noisy, is it not?

• Praise 1

if i buy a Bezza, i will consider buying a manual.....bcos a 4 speed gearbox will be quite noisy, is it not?

I test drove the bezza auto and manual. Experience was that the 4AT was ok. Not anymore nosier than the manual.

0 to 60 felt urgent, but after that the acceleration seems to be sluggish.

5MT definitely better as I can control the timing of the shifts. Throw was a bit long and clutch felt rubbery.

Other than that felt that the 5MT was a better buy if ok with manual.

• Praise 1

I test drove the bezza auto and manual. Experience was that the 4AT was ok. Not anymore nosier than the manual.

0 to 60 felt urgent, but after that the acceleration seems to be sluggish.

5MT definitely better as I can control the timing of the shifts. Throw was a bit long and clutch felt rubbery.

Other than that felt that the 5MT was a better buy if ok with manual.

The MT option will be 2k cheaper if I recalled so price diff will be insignificant, more of a personal choice.

But do note that the MT shift hv abit of its own setbacks. Not a big issue but more of coming to terms & living with it.

If u shift in one fast stroke esp fr gear 1 to 2 in one fast stroke like a sports car (lol, we should take it easy on a small sedan anyway), u will feel that it is not a smooth engagement into gear 2 in ur hand, I dunno how to describe the feeling but I read it could be due to a snycromesh issue. It doesnt happen if we slow the transition by just half a sec for example. I m not a technical person so sorry for not being able to go into details of this snycromesh topic.

When engaging reverse gear, u will also hv the same experience SOMETIMES & can hear the engagement also due to the snycromesh issue. It doesnt happen as often as compared to shifts fr 1 to 2.

Thou with this syncromesh issue, it does not mean the MT gear box will not last but it is a gear box tats not buttery smooth or slick. Some commercial vehicles models fr toyota also suffers the same fate. Why mfg dun correct it? This I really dunno. Maybe this is just a small flaw & will add more cost to correct it? I dunno.

If I m wrong in this info, pls do correct & enlighten me.

But reading the msia forum definitely provides more helpful insights as the forummers does share info & debate constructively & healthily.

There are some youtube videos made in msia tats also useful but we should not follow blindly. They do hv things like strutbars that helps make vehicles more stable. But we as users must weigh the tradeoffs as every accessory we put all hv a tradeoff.

The bezza pics I saw fr msia are really bengs. Add strut bars, 17" rims & filing off wheels arc? Bodykits to make it look sporty for an A-segment 1.3l car? Why buy a bezza when one wanna do all tat? Buy something else then.

Edited by Unfazed
  • Praise 2

Many of the better MT from Honda, Hyundai and the likes, have got synchromesh for at least gears 1, 2 and reverse.

This is to cater to rough and imprecise gear changes, when RPMs are no enuf

• Praise 1

Of cos lah. Those brand more ex. Want sui sui ride pay more lor. How can compare with those brands? If wanna compare dun even need to come here lor.

Of cos lah. Those brand more ex. Want sui sui ride pay more lor. How can compare with those brands? If wanna compare dun even need to come here lor.

No lah you wrong!
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

No lah you wrong! ð

A Bezza MT (NG) is $74K.

An Accent MT (NG), if it's still selling now, would be $79K.

Just $5K diff, for a much better car all round ðð¼

ððð

Isn't the price around 85k now for Accent auto? I believe there has been always about 10k difference between these two..
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

So, celebrating because getting new car or managed to save money?ð

Nope. Nothing to celebrate about..

This Friday going to change windscreen tint and probably changing suspension at month end.

I guess I got no luck in getting a new car. Just continue to drive on..

A question, am I suppose to contact se for my refund??

Nope. Nothing to celebrate about..

This Friday going to change windscreen tint and probably changing suspension at month end.

I guess I got no luck in getting a new car. Just continue to drive on..

A question, am I suppose to contact se for my refund??

Hopefully you can try next year if the Bezza enjoy greater VES rebate/lower COE premium.

Isn't the price around 85k now for Accent auto? I believe there has been always about 10k difference between these two..

Thanks for this pc of info, it certainly helps us to distinguish who's posting all the crap.
  • Praise 1

Thanks for this pc of info, it certainly helps us to distinguish who's posting all the crap.

Haha yeah I really couldn't agree with you more on this.  [thumbsup]

:D  

↡ Advertisement