Impregnation before marriage. What Approach to take?

Ingenius

I wish to present a hypothetical question.  What if your son,  impregnate his girlfriend, and both are still at a schooling age ( say, Uni level)  ?  Suppose both of them don't have career, little experience in relationship to make a lifetime commitment and to form a family.  What are the options and what will you do as a parent ?  Please discuss and share your wisdom, thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Wah. Such a deep question in the afternoon.  [scholar]

Assuming they are in early 20s (since you said uni level), I will treat them like adults. Tell them what are the consequences of their choices but let them decide what they wanna do (abort or keep).

• Praise 3

depends uni which level, since they are about the graduate and start working and they are already in the relationship long enough, i assume the parents should have known the couple well enough (like makan, went to several family gathering sessions, stay overnight at each other home?), etc. 

then i would encourage them to get married if both are matured enough to know what they want for each other.

• Praise 5

I think this can happen to any young couple in a relationship especially given their delicate puberty age. Recently it happened to a close relative of mine.

Wah. Such a deep question in the afternoon.  [scholar]

Assuming they are in early 20s (since you said uni level), I will treat them like adults. Tell them what are the consequences of their choices but let them decide what they wanna do (abort or keep).

im agst abortion due to the detrimental effect to the female's body...  next time when really want to have kids.. will be alot tougher

I think this can happen to any young couple in a relationship especially given their delicate puberty age. Recently it happened to a close relative of mine.

joke ah.. ease tension abit... 

close relative = wife?  [:p] 

• Praise 3

I think you missed out a crucial information.. are the two kids serious about each other?

According to them, yes. But since this is both their first serious relationship which is about less than one year long, we don't think they are sure about choosing the right life long partner yet.

And on even the brighter side

since its "your son"

can always just run away.

Its not like this is the first time this

has happened and certainly won't

be the last time.

:D

According to them, yes. But since this is both their first serious relationship which is about less than one year long, we don't think they are sure about choosing the right life long partner yet.

i agree with @benarsenal ... 

kids at that age will not see the long term implications.. sit them down.. talk maturely.. weigh out the pros and cons.. let them make the decision separately.. sometimes.. one party feels the need to support the other...  

It would be best if both sets of parents sit down and talk it tru...  so no long term unhappiness etc should the marriage proceed

• Praise 1

Btw there is no such thing as choosing the right life long partner

we all think we can choose the right life long partner but there 

is no correct way. It all just luck.

• Praise 6

I wish to present a hypothetical question.  What if your son,  impregnate his girlfriend, and both are still at a schooling age ( say, Uni level)  ?  Suppose both of them don't have career, little experience in relationship to make a lifetime commitment and to form a family.  What are the options and what will you do as a parent ?  Please discuss and share your wisdom, thanks.

Edited the title for some level of better comprehensibility and clarity that is CIVIL.

For crying out loud this is not EDMW for goodness sake. 

If you think you want to post such thread titles, damn well post there!

Pending lock for sanity

• Praise 3

There is the etiquette solution, and there is the rational solution. But most ppl will choose the etiquette solution.  -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

yalor where got correct answer one, just like buying BIG SMALL   [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

just out of curiosity.. would it be the same choice knowing/if u knew ur deep dislike of your MIL?? 

not out to offend bro.. 

but.. i really dislike my FIL.... and that thought has crossed my mind a few times... 

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 1