COE Expiry pegged to mileage instead of years

Quantum

The 10 yr is to get rid of that car in a timely manner, whether you drive it or not. So you get to pay for another COE.

It's not in gahmen's interest for you to hang onto your car perpetually, if you're not driving it.

Stop dreaming.

↡ Advertisement

govt will not consider milleage la ... 1000% sure

with 10 years policy ... every day every hour every minute, the coe is depreciating ... $$$ come come ... we are talking about billions of dollars every year hor

people who have 2-3 cars, people who drive less with low milleage coe depreciate slower and benefit car owner.

that's certainly not in govt interest ... some more govt is pushing car-lite policy

just look at the way govt raise petrol tax already knew govt want to squueze car owner until dry .... till your balls shrink

Edited by Wt_know

But this one benefit the rich with many cars even more. They got so many cars that their mileage all very low. That means all their cars will have COE that lasts longer than an average person who only has like 2 cars or less.

Do you believe those rich men can bear backside itch before their car COE expiry don't change car?

yah, and then we have road tax, insurance all pledge to mileage, travel more pay more. And suddenly no SG cars in MY, all park at home take the high speed to KL. After that pledge COE to mileage also, one coe valid for 100,000km only. KNN all hongkan, every 5 years bid COE.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

no la, like c&c, 200k km or 10 years engine warranty.. but 1st thing govt need to control is mileage tampering or otherwise install an external mileage monitor linked to ecu, so even tamper mileage oso cannot tamper external device dat mandated to be not adjustable.

This is a very good idea. Hope LTA scholars notice this years vs mileage, and add on - whichever comes first.

if whichever comes first, still need such policy? lidat all high mileage drivers will prefer current policy, then low mileage users no effect..

who the hell would drive the car around unnecessarily with our high fuel prices just to justify the COE prices they paid for the car?

not just that, the higher maintenance? would you? 

Got such people.

Not in a sense of drive around aimlessly. More of every little thing also drive out, even is just to next block.

• Praise 1

who the hell would drive the car around unnecessarily with our high fuel prices just to justify the COE prices they paid for the car?

not just that, the higher maintenance? would you? 

u are so wrong bro... there are tons of ppl like that...

most have the mentality that since i have paid a bomb for the car, i would want to maximize the usage...

even if the destination is like 3 bus stop away, many car owner will prefer to drive rather than take public tpt...

Read today's Straits Times, some experts suggested "COE expiry should be pegged to mileage clocked by a car instead of years",

it's absolutely brilliant suggestion, see how government to implement it,

For Singapore car-lite society, the car numbers has to be decreased, and cars also must be used less, however as the high price and limited period COE system, many car owners even used their cars in whatever and no sense, otherwise it's not worthwhile for the 10 years COE, as nowadays technology, a car only be used 10 years regardless its mileage and scraped it's seriously resource waste,

this suggestion sure promote Singapore really comes into car-lite society [thumbsup]

post-1798-0-62394400-1485046538_thumb.jpg

I think is time to practice driving goestan liao. [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

Those people driving against traffic now are actually gearing up for this.

They have the foresight! Lol

• Praise 4

attachicon.gifIMG_6045.JPG

These are the forward thinking guys, I think we sld praise them !!  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

IMG_6045.JPG

Another investment.... set up driving centre for reverse driving. LOL

no need la ... just go to any workshop and do dynotest with 'R' gear for hours ... LOL

Another investment.... set up driving centre for reverse driving. LOL

Edited by Wt_know

no need la ... just go to any workshop and do dynotest with 'R' gear for hours ... LOL

Hahaha ..... we are just merely TCSS ...

This sounds like a good idea but I don't think the gov will implement. Coz there will have a few problem.

1) Gov unable to forecast the number of COE given every month due to everyone have different driving pattern. And this will make the revenue from COE uncertain.

2)More ppl will just park their cars in the car park. Now finding a parking lot at some places is difficult enough liao sia.

3)People will be more encouraged to adjust their odometer. (Even YouTube got teach you how to do that)

4)There will be more old cars in sg and the sales for new car may drop.

5)Old cars may have more problems, less safety features, less efficient, less environmental friendly than new cars with advanced technology.

I believe the GPS ERP charging system going to implement soon will do a better job at penalising people that drive more. I'm sure it will charge a fee on every km you drive.

↡ Advertisement