COE Expiry pegged to mileage instead of years

Quantum

expert opening workshop islandwide

during day no one come for servicing ...

at night all Q for mileage "tuning" ... lol

Lol such a smart Alec brilliant idea!! If this is the case COE will NEVER EXPIRE ha ha Not sure the so called expert are aware that 8 out of 10 2nd cars in car marts have their speedo or mileage "reduce"!!!!

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

@blackyv, make sure our workshop mass print  label that states "next service 10,000km". And our reminder to our "members" will be "remember to service your car at 10,000km every 6 months". Our service package include maintaining mileage at 10,000km.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 4

Okay... many tampered odo liao.. lai lai....

As long as they can't control the odo tampering, this pegging to mileage  can't go forward.

Everyday got so many ppl with so many ideas. Where got the time?

Nobody will pay the minister whole day to sit around and listen to ideas and use them. Prease lah.

Edited by Watwheels

Supercharged

As long as they can't control the odo tampering, this pegging to mileage can't go forward.

GPS ERP GPS ERP GPS ERP

Buy a car to keep in carpark - is it not wasteful? Need to build more floors on existing MSCP?

How reliable is mileage tracking? My old car once had its speedometer cable broken and it showed zero speed all the time until I changed the cable. 

As long as they can't control the odo tampering, this pegging to mileage  can't go forward.

Singapore vehicles mileage consumption majorly in Malaysia, looks like Malaysia quite cooperate with Singapore this scheme, firstly increase VEP to $35, Singaporean sure reduce the travel frequency to Malaysia, :D

• Praise 1

Singapore vehicles mileage consumption majorly in Malaysia, looks like Malaysia quite cooperate with Singapore this scheme, firstly increase VEP to $35, Singaporean sure reduce the travel frequency to Malaysia, :D

but what is 35 dollars.... people may nag , but still need to return back to malaysia mah..

for car lite lah [:p]

the root of cause the solution is car lite society, gov prompt couple of years but not efficiency, therefore introduce the solution, 

we should object car lite instead of the proposal only :a-aggressive:

you are absolutely correct, the root is car lite society,

for those who regards driving as life should object car lite not COE pegging mileage

This is WONDERFUL.

It must be implemented.

COE expiry should be say 120,000km?

Yeah so about 12,000 per year over 10yrs or 1,000km every month.

That should be sufficient and about right.

120,000km is also just nice for car to take a rest already.

yeah, please implement immediately. Go go go!!!

Totally stupid idea.

by number of years the gov can control, do forecast and adjust to their plans. Go by mileage how they going to monitor? Set up ERP on every road? later become SG roads full of 20yrs old cars with 20000km mileage. COE hongkan. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Brother, technology is sibei advanced today. Can easily track the mileage by gps for every single reg car.

Easy peasy.

Forecasting will even be more refine and accurate.

Doesnt matter if there are 20yr old cars, if they are hardly driven on the roads, no traffic, no problem.

Road tax continue to pay accordingly.

Great idea, implement immediately please!!!

I see business lobang to open a workshop in JB specialize in "helping" all sg car to maintain a low mileage after their North trip to Penang, Ipoh, KL, malacca..etc... Rest assure the charges will be affordable and reasonable... I go look around for a shopoutlet now... Hehehe.

Rest assure you will lose all your money invested.

You think we are still living in the 80s?

Use log card, record mileage ah?

Muayhahahahahahahaah

This sounds like a good idea but I don't think the gov will implement. Coz there will have a few problem.

1) Gov unable to forecast the number of COE given every month due to everyone have different driving pattern. And this will make the revenue from COE uncertain.

2)More ppl will just park their cars in the car park. Now finding a parking lot at some places is difficult enough liao sia.

3)People will be more encouraged to adjust their odometer. (Even YouTube got teach you how to do that)

4)There will be more old cars in sg and the sales for new car may drop.

5)Old cars may have more problems, less safety features, less efficient, less environmental friendly than new cars with advanced technology.

I believe the GPS ERP charging system going to implement soon will do a better job at penalising people that drive more. I'm sure it will charge a fee on every km you drive.

1) current technology can track cars easily and calculate mileage. Making forecasting and planning even more accurate.

2) They can choose to park all they want, Road tax still have to pay, insurance still have to pay.

Go ahead buy a car and leave it parked.

3) adjust all you want. This is not 1980s. Moreover, they can slap a super big fine for offenders. I like to see some brave fella try.

4) who cares. In life theres always a trade off. Cant have your cake and eat it

5) so what? If they are left parked as you said, it wont matter will it?

Muayhahhahahahaha

↡ Advertisement