COE Expiry pegged to mileage instead of years

Quantum

I cant praise you enough for your very quick thinking. You Gooood!

In fact Singaporean are also quite creative, if coe peg to mileage, many people will keep their car at home, end up no coe for recycling.

exactly, government now is working on this direction, "encourage own car but keep car at home"

otherwise how can be car lite, since they don't want shrank COE quota which is the root of car lite society

↡ Advertisement

Read today's Straits Times, some experts suggested "COE expiry should be pegged to mileage clocked by a car instead of years",

it's absolutely brilliant suggestion, see how government to implement it, 

For Singapore car-lite society, the car numbers has to be decreased, and cars also must be used less, however as the high price and limited period COE system, many car owners even used their cars in whatever and no sense, otherwise it's not worthwhile for the 10 years COE, as nowadays technology, a car only be used 10 years regardless its mileage and scraped it's seriously resource waste,

this suggestion sure promote Singapore really comes into car-lite society  [thumbsup]

This is a very good idea. Hope LTA scholars notice this years vs mileage, and add on - whichever comes first.

Supercharged

who the hell would drive the car around unnecessarily with our high fuel prices just to justify the COE prices they paid for the car?

not just that, the higher maintenance? would you? 

• Praise 4

Govt will go ahead with satellite ERP( pay as u drive) charging from 2021-2022. The rest of experts can just diam diam and move on.

If everyone still use the car from 6am to 9am and 4pm to 7pm. This peak hour traffic will still heavy and jam.

Is not about the car distance that cause the jam. Is the time when u used the car. [:p]

• Praise 2

yah, and then we have road tax, insurance all pledge to mileage, travel more pay more. And suddenly no SG cars in MY, all park at home take the high speed to KL. After that pledge COE to mileage also, one coe valid for 100,000km only. KNN all hongkan, every 5 years bid COE. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I see business lobang to open a workshop in JB specialize in "helping" all sg car to maintain a low mileage after their North trip to Penang, Ipoh, KL, malacca..etc... Rest assure the charges will be affordable and reasonable... I go look around for a shopoutlet now... Hehehe.

• Praise 2

gps billing will happen. coe will continue based on years because it brings in billions. only thing that you get reduce will be road tax but you end up paying more. 1+1=5 hahaha

• Praise 2

who the hell would drive the car around unnecessarily with our high fuel prices just to justify the COE prices they paid for the car?

not just that, the higher maintenance? would you?

Me for the sake of driving.

Who cares about petrol price?

• Praise 2

Can reverse drive so that to earn back the mileage ? Or better still can we convert flights mileage to offset the charges ?

• Praise 2

Can reverse drive so that to earn back the mileage ? Or better still can we convert flights mileage to offset the charges ?

drive in wrong direction can reduce mileage?

• Praise 2

drive in wrong direction can reduce mileage?

REVERSE drive bro ...use reverse gear to drive and probably can earn back some mileage. Edited by Char

I see business lobang to open a workshop in JB specialize in "helping" all sg car to maintain a low mileage after their North trip to Penang, Ipoh, KL, malacca..etc... Rest assure the charges will be affordable and reasonable... I go look around for a shopoutlet now... Hehehe.

idea good  [thumbsup]  tomorrow I give you bonus. [nod]

but make sure tell the SG car owners to check their mileage first, mai before go KL is 10000km, after come back SG become 9000km. KNN LTA sure ask did he drive goestan all the way SG-KL-SG.  [laugh]  [laugh]

REVERSE drive bro ...use reverse gear to drive and probably can earn back some mileage.

I think is time to practice driving goestan liao.   [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

idea good [thumbsup] tomorrow I give you bonus. [nod]

but make sure tell the SG car owners to check their mileage first, mai before go KL is 10000km, after come back SG become 9000km. KNN LTA sure ask did he drive goestan all the way SG-KL-SG. [laugh][laugh]

Very easy, need to join. Membership ... When go in, just have to inform the mileage.. I help keep track of it.... No worries... Hehehe..

• Praise 1

Very easy, need to join. Membership ... When go in, just have to inform the mileage.. I help keep track of it.... No worries... Hehehe..

I want to invest.  [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Twincharged

But this one benefit the rich with many cars even more. They got so many cars that their mileage all very low. That means all their cars will have COE that lasts longer than an average person who only has like 2 cars or less.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1