COE Expiry pegged to mileage instead of years

Quantum

Supercharged

This sounds like a good idea but I don't think the gov will implement. Coz there will have a few problem.

1) Gov unable to forecast the number of COE given every month due to everyone have different driving pattern. And this will make the revenue from COE uncertain.

2)More ppl will just park their cars in the car park. Now finding a parking lot at some places is difficult enough liao sia.

3)People will be more encouraged to adjust their odometer. (Even YouTube got teach you how to do that)

4)There will be more old cars in sg and the sales for new car may drop.

5)Old cars may have more problems, less safety features, less efficient, less environmental friendly than new cars with advanced technology.

I believe the GPS ERP charging system going to implement soon will do a better job at penalising people that drive more. I'm sure it will charge a fee on every km you drive.

if u can track car to charge fee based on distance/roads travelled then is trivial to maintain a counter to record mileage, so u can tamper with odometer all u like but there's no need to rely on that with GPS ERP

gps erp is merely to replace existing gantry erp

coe, arf, road tax, cevs, etc etc continue to squeeze car owner ... nothing is changed

Okay... many tampered odo liao.. lai lai....

don't forget you are living in Singapore, where has a punishment called caning,

if you want to test your butt skin thickness, go ahead to tamper lah, :omg:

Why not just abolish cat a and cat b coe since not much diff? Thereafter get rid of road tax pegged to cc and switch to full usage based tax instead? And remove 3/4 tank rule.

Oh wait... This is sg...

This sounds like a good idea but I don't think the gov will implement. Coz there will have a few problem.

1) Gov unable to forecast the number of COE given every month due to everyone have different driving pattern. And this will make the revenue from COE uncertain.

2)More ppl will just park their cars in the car park. Now finding a parking lot at some places is difficult enough liao sia.

3)People will be more encouraged to adjust their odometer. (Even YouTube got teach you how to do that)

4)There will be more old cars in sg and the sales for new car may drop.

5)Old cars may have more problems, less safety features, less efficient, less environmental friendly than new cars with advanced technology.

I believe the GPS ERP charging system going to implement soon will do a better job at penalising people that drive more. I'm sure it will charge a fee on every km you drive.

disagree Old cars may have more problems,

nowadays carmakers recommend mileage at least 300,000km before scrape,  however in Singapore most cars scraped less than 200,000km, it's a huge resource waste and destroy environment 

• Praise 1

disagree Old cars may have more problems,

nowadays carmakers recommend mileage at least 300,000km before scrape,  however in Singapore most cars scraped less than 200,000km, it's a huge resource waste and destroy environment 

Agree. If a car is well maintained it can go many hundreds and thousands of kms without problems.

• Praise 1

CAT A 30k mileage $10,000 COE (don't say dont have i seen before)

CAT B 50k mileage $17,000 COE

CAT C 100k mileage $32,000 COE

CAT D 180k mileage $53,000 COE (average singaporean usage)

CAT E 180k & above $65,000 COE

applicable for all capacity cars unless categorized as super sports or hyper luxury cars

CAT A 30k mileage $10,000 COE (don't say dont have i seen before)

CAT B 50k mileage $17,000 COE

CAT C 100k mileage $32,000 COE

CAT D 180k mileage $53,000 COE (average singaporean usage)

CAT E 180k & above $65,000 COE

applicable for all capacity cars unless categorized as super sports or hyper luxury cars

wah super likes

everyone can change car every 2 year [thumbsup]

my 1 year mileage hardly reach 15k

Edited by Wt_know

Totally stupid idea.

by number of years the gov can control, do forecast and adjust to their plans. Go by mileage how they going to monitor? Set up ERP on every road? later become SG roads full of 20yrs old cars with 20000km mileage. COE hongkan. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Agree, see about 30% cars only park in my MSCP and seldom use.

Dunno but car for what.

Twincharged

Do you believe those rich men can bear backside itch before their car COE expiry don't change car?

I am talking about those who collects cars. Their cars buy mainly for collecting or show off only. Never drive out one.

Agree, see about 30% cars only park in my MSCP and seldom use.

Dunno but car for what.

for car lite lah [:p]

the root of cause the solution is car lite society, gov prompt couple of years but not efficiency, therefore introduce the solution, 

we should object car lite instead of the proposal only :a-aggressive:

Edited by MQX87511

Read today's Straits Times, some experts suggested "COE expiry should be pegged to mileage clocked by a car instead of years",

it's absolutely brilliant suggestion, see how government to implement it,

For Singapore car-lite society, the car numbers has to be decreased, and cars also must be used less, however as the high price and limited period COE system, many car owners even used their cars in whatever and no sense, otherwise it's not worthwhile for the 10 years COE, as nowadays technology, a car only be used 10 years regardless its mileage and scraped it's seriously resource waste,

this suggestion sure promote Singapore really comes into car-lite society [thumbsup]

Lol such a smart Alec brilliant idea!! If this is the case COE will NEVER EXPIRE ha ha Not sure the so called expert are aware that 8 out of 10 2nd cars in car marts have their speedo or mileage "reduce"!!!!

↡ Advertisement