Peugeot Owner please come in..

kianewbie

Planning to purchase the new 5008 7-seater SUV. It is a 1.2l turbo engine with 8 speed AT. Any reliability issue so far? 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

@Melody288 might be under power for such a big car. I’m driving a Peugeot 308SW 1.2 (2016 model)currently. 

Test drive the 3008 1.2 and found a tad sluggish as compared to my 308SW. Probably the kerb weight is heavier for 3008 as it’s an SUV. In my opinion , Go test drive 3008 first before you consider the 5008

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows where to install Apple CarPlay for Peugeot 308SW 1.2

Thought of getting this online and get someone to install it, but unsure if it works. 

SG$ 438.36  31% Off | WIFI Wireless Apple Car Play Android Auto Module For Peugeot Citroen C4 Picasso DS4 DS3 308 508 208 2008 SMEG CarPlay Adapter
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOmqSvk

Neutral Newbie

Hi Everyone, has anyone bought the new 3008? Looking for a SUV and the price tag of the new 3008 looks very attractive. I know there are issues for the past model, any known issues post 2017?

Hi everyone ! I am considering to buy a used 2017 Peugeot 508 sw with 90k mileage. Just wondering any feedbacks related to this model? Really like the overall feel but just very worried about its reliability! So will appreciate any feedback at all thanks!!!

1 hour ago, Henryang3000 said:

Hi everyone ! I am considering to buy a used 2017 Peugeot 508 sw with 90k mileage. Just wondering any feedbacks related to this model? Really like the overall feel but just very worried about its reliability! So will appreciate any feedback at all thanks!!!

Feedback from friend who owned 3 pugs - reliability expected to be shit, can even leave him stranded on expressway with 2yo car. Sometimes the agent also have problems solving the issues (not for lack of effort). good for those who have high pain tolerance.

If buy, cater significant money (maybe 5k per year) for repairs.

• Haha! 1

For PSA group cars their weaknesses are with electrical/electronic issues. The quality of the electronic parts can be quite crappy. Sometimes I suspect it is the battery that is weak that can cause all kinds of warning light. Modifications on electrical wiring or system best avoid. Ppl like to add fancy lights or whatever, better think twice.

Advise would be to have a rental car company phone number on standby. Down time for the car to be fixed can take quite long. Such cars arent easy to troubleshoot. Plug in the obdII diagnostic tool to read the error codes might not show the true problem. 

Plus I read that mileage with a pinch of salt. Most likely the mileage is over 100K km.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Been driving 308sw (2018) model, major issue was with weak battery leading to all sorts of alarm warnings (auto park break; engine faults) during year 5.

Also rear parking camera (mod) didn’t work after 4 years, and issue was with circuit board. Wondering if anyone here got lobang for local and JB area. 🙂

Edited by tanmw86
More info
↡ Advertisement