My heart rate KYM?

Blacksnow

I have recently bought a fitbit, been using it for a few weeks now.

I know the heart rate measurement is not as good as those strap type.

My resting heart rate is between 55-60 bpm. Which I think is alright.

But whenever I start to walk and do something like household chores (not exercises), my heart rate shoots up to 80+ or 90+ and it stays there for a long time even after I sit down and rest. It takes a long time to drop back to 70+.

Is there something wrong?

↡ Advertisement

But whenever I start to walk and do something like household chores (not exercises), my heart rate shoots up to 80+ or 90+ and it stays there for a long time even after I sit down and rest. It takes a long time to drop back to 70+.

Do you mean something wrong with you or the fitbit?

Or both?

:D

• Praise 3

Go see your doctor for a checkup. 

This isn't the MerckForum  [laugh]

Edited by Mason016

I get something similar.

HR 56 from when I wake up until I go to the gym in pm, just off now, like, when I bast it up to 140 plus even though my 85% rate is about 132.

Then back home shower read book, sleep eat TV MCF etc and my HR still about 70plus.

Until next day and start again.

Edmw speak for 可以吗

chey i thought who is kym to keep one's heart pumping so fast   [laugh]  [laugh]

80-90 quite common right for walking around the house and do some simple housework?  

Wrist based HRM are known for taking a longer time to reflect a decrease in HR as compared to chest straps HRM

With regards to Increase in HR (ie at the start of activity/exercise), both types can track quite well.

It is the decrease in HR after an exercise/activity that is harder for the wrist based HRM to track accurately. Hence in product reviews, you often find reviewers comparing how well writs based HRM tracks HR AFTER the activity while using a chest strap at the same time. That is the yardstick.

Fitbit and Garmin wrist based HRM are known for this

Seems like Apple's watch HRM are the best for wrist based accuracy

Alternatively, what you can do to circumvent the above mentioned problem is to perform the activity without your fitbit. complete your household chores, sit down and breather properly and rest for 5 minutes before slapping on the fitbit to track your heart rate. 

Might be possible to get a more accurate post activity heart rate like this as opposed to wearing the device throughout the task. 

Edited by TangoElite

Wrist based HRM are known for taking a longer time to reflect a decrease in HR as compared to chest straps HRM

With regards to Increase in HR (ie at the start of activity/exercise), both types can track quite well.

It is the decrease in HR after an exercise/activity that is harder for the wrist based HRM to track accurately. Hence in product reviews, you often find reviewers comparing how well writs based HRM tracks HR AFTER the activity while using a chest strap at the same time. That is the yardstick.

Fitbit and Garmin wrist based HRM are known for this

Seems like Apple's watch HRM are the best for wrist based accuracy

Alternatively, what you can do to circumvent the above mentioned problem is to perform the activity without your fitbit. complete your household chores, sit down and breather properly and rest for 5 minutes before slapping on the fitbit to track your heart rate. 

Might be possible to get a more accurate post activity heart rate like this as opposed to wearing the device throughout the task. 

So difficult ah? Might as well get a stop watch and track it yourself.