Nissan Pulsar vs Qashqai 1.2T

Mouse

Neutral Newbie

As above, from the brochures both seem to be using the same engine. If that is the case, does that mean the Pulsar will be better in acceleration and fuel efficiency ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

By right FC and acceleration should be better since pulsar is lighter than qashqai?! 

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Br right FC and acceleration should be better since pulsar is lighter than qashqai?!

I m also thinking in this direction...then again Nissan cant be so stupid to come out with another model to compete or kill off Qashqai. Thought qq was one of their best selling models.
  • Praise 2

I think they don't mind if you pick a qq or pulsar.

As long as you pick one as the margin for both

cars is very good.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Cashcow and Pulsar are different categories. What talking you.

I m also thinking in this direction...then again Nissan cant be so stupid to come out with another model to compete or kill off Qashqai. Thought qq was one of their best selling models.

• Praise 2

By right FC and acceleration should be better since pulsar is lighter than qashqai?! 

What? 0.02sec better?

Gentle reminder: It's not a Nissan GTR.

• Praise 1

Since Singapore car buyers are a practical bunch why not ask more relevant questions?

Hatchback cars are generally not popular in our car buying trend becos it lack a boot. And both QQ and Pulsar are basically hatchbacks how will they serve a family of ppl well?

A car with raise ride height is easier for older folks to get in and out of the car. If your family has elderly passengers the QQ will be ideal.

Talk about practical and useful stuff. FC is highly dependanton the driver and the route the driver uses daily. FC figures are not to be taken very seriously becoz they are never accurate. Acceleration for family cars are about the same. That 1 or 2 secs difference doesn't win you a trophy. It doesn't give you the GTR feel. Focus on the stuff that suit your wants and needs.

Sometimes I feel that videos that promote cars make ppl go crazy over some pointless things. Like as if you drive on a track or circuit daily. You cup corner like that guy in the youtube video? Does it matter Car A is 0.5 secs faster dan Car B on a track? Hello, you are driving on Singapore roads. They even have a leader board that shows what cars go faster around a track. Ask yourself, what purpose does it serve?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 7
  • Dislike 1

Who cares? It's whether you like the look of the car or not. 0.5km/L FC? That's not even significant enough to be measurable.

Edited by Detach8
  • Praise 1

Test drive and see for yourself lor. By right should be similar or fairly close.

Pulsar is a regular hatchback. Qashqai is crossover, so it taller ride height, and more headroom inside, plus perhaps slightly bigger boot. Both cars cater to different groups of people. Driving wise both should be about the same.

Edited by Benarsenal

part of the manufacturer strategies I guess. like already mentioned, to cater for different segment (referring to different packaging). not many buyer really looking into whether inside engine same or not. even it's the same, so what?

you often hear comments like 'xxx so common', 'you see so many xxx on the road', 'whenever you turn your head you can easily spot 1 or 2 on the road'...

but you seldom hear people staying away from a model because sharing the same engine [:)]

• Praise 2

I find Pulsar reminds me of back then Latio Sports, the interior space and boot space almost the same. So if you like Latio hatchback, then you will also like this Pulsar. Lol.

• Praise 1

so instead of comparing fuji apple and american apple, the orange comes in to be compared to the apple.

:blink:

So pulsar should compared with what make/model?

So pulsar should compared with what make/model?

astra hatch or c4 or......

if i am looking into HB, i definitely will not look into smaller suv. There are totally different.

• Praise 1

astra hatch or c4 or......

if i am looking into HB, i definitely will not look into smaller suv. There are totally different.

For jap make, dont think there is many hatchback model which can compared with Pulsar.

Sedan Vs SUV ?

Each attracts different buyer groups

• Praise 2