Nissan Pulsar vs Qashqai 1.2T

Mouse

So pulsar should compared with what make/model?

VW Golf

Mazda 3 Hatch

Ford Focus

Opel Astra

Subaru Impreza Hatch

For jap make, dont think there is many hatchback model which can compared with Pulsar.

Mazda 3 ba. Toyota used to have the Auris also.

• Praise 3

Thanks for all the knowledgeable input on what are the equivalent can compare with, but whatever it 'should' be, can we come back to the topic?

Can we just take this thread like I prefer apple to orange and why?

Nissan 1.2L Pulsar vs Nissan 1.2L Qashqai, hatch vs crossover.

Will have to depend on one's own transport needs and usage.

Perhaps TS can share more of your criteria, assuming that you started this thread is because you have shortlisted and torn between which of the 2 to get.

Nissan 1.2L Pulsar vs Nissan 1.2L Qashqai, hatch vs crossover.

Will have to depend on one's own transport needs and usage. 

Qashqai is for taller people,above 175cm...Pulsar is for people less than 175cm.

• Praise 1

Megane. The Sedan and Hatch 1.5 diesel going at 109K only.

From the same platform.

If price is similar, I would go for conti. They simply drives differently.

From the same platform.

Frankly, I think nobody will buy diesel cars until after Feb 20th to see what changes the budget will bring. Not good for sure.

Pulsar weight goes well with the 1.2T engine. If get qq better get the 2.0.

For a hatchback car, 1.2 engine should be sufficient enough la. But even though qq using 1.2 engine, but think should be good enough also, if not there would not be so many people buying this qq liao. Lol.

For a hatchback car, 1.2 engine should be sufficient enough la. But even though qq using 1.2 engine, but think should be good enough also, if not there would not be so many people buying this qq liao. Lol.

Power enough or not, sometimes quite subjective according to driver's needs or driving habit.

From the same platform.

Nissan Servicing & Parts much cheaper than the French brand.

• Praise 1

The Pulsar would be a better car to drive if you're into that sort of thing because of the lower ride height which translates into a lower centre of gravity. The ride may be firmer as you have lower-profile tires but you might prefer that if the low CG means anything to you. 

Personally I find the Pulsar less of a poser (of course being B&B models in a B&B brand aside) as it does not project any sort of off-road pretensions unlike the Qashqai which merely has ground clearance without the extra driven wheels to back it up. 

Other Japanese alternatives to the Pulsar are the Toyota Auris, Subaru Impreza hatchback, Mazda 3 HB, and if you wait long enough, the Honda Civic hatchback. 

• Praise 1

The Pulsar would be a better car to drive if you're into that sort of thing because of the lower ride height which translates into a lower centre of gravity. The ride may be firmer as you have lower-profile tires but you might prefer that if the low CG means anything to you.

Personally I find the Pulsar less of a poser (of course being B&B models in a B&B brand aside) as it does not project any sort of off-road pretensions unlike the Qashqai which merely has ground clearance without the extra driven wheels to back it up.

Other Japanese alternatives to the Pulsar are the Toyota Auris, Subaru Impreza hatchback, Mazda 3 HB, and if you wait long enough, the Honda Civic hatchback.

Civic hatchback got 1.1 turbo version :)

I find Pulsar reminds me of back then Latio Sports, the interior space and boot space almost the same. So if you like Latio hatchback, then you will also like this Pulsar. Lol.

Now that you mentioned it, yes, no wonder it looks kind of latio-ish. Test driven the car last weekend and can't help but keep having the feeling it looks familiar.

Screw both Nissans with CVT trannies.

↡ Advertisement