Anyone hardly drives but still keeps a car?

Hyruga

Yup. Kids actually love public transport. Many parents deprive their kids of this experience though.

Kids like public transport but parents don't. One hand hold kid in the crowds, another hand carrying kids stuff or stroller, damn tiring
↡ Advertisement

Kids like public transport but parents don't. One hand hold kid in the crowds, another hand carrying kids stuff or stroller, damn tiring

If given a choice, think many people would prefer a car than public transport.

Twincharged

If given a choice, think many people would prefer a car than public transport.

Depends on who you ask. Lol. The results of these kind of surveys can tweak. I realised that among the people I know, ang mo generally like public transport more than driving, even those who got company car, they still take public transport more. 

Depends on who you ask. Lol. The results of these kind of surveys can tweak. I realised that among the people I know, ang mo generally like public transport more than driving, even those who got company car, they still take public transport more. 

Ang moh different, maybe their home and workplace usually is quite near, or maybe they are given transport allowance, so they would rather use it to take taxi which is also consider public transport. Lol.

Twincharged

Ang moh different, maybe their home and workplace usually is quite near, or maybe they are given transport allowance, so they would rather use it to take taxi which is also consider public transport. Lol.

No la. Talking about my angmo colleagues. They got transport provided. Company give them car to drive and pay their petrol. But they still take train and bus alot. Lol.

But true la. They stay quite near to office. Journey by train only around 30-40min max.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

Home to my previous office is 8km.  Rather cycle or take MRT.  Drive puke blood.  A lot of incompetent drivers hogging the road.

Preference changes as they grow up, when they realized they have different aspirations and needs as they progresses.

I used to like taking buses when I'm young, when there are more variety and brands of buses and buses were non air con, less crowded and thus more fun to ride.

Now different, work, tired of squeezing in the crowds everyday. Work already tired, trying to squeeze and "behave" in crowds is basically trying to take my soul away everyday. Somemore keep increasing bus fares but buses becomes even more crowded and unpredictable. And the whole fleet is becoming more homogeneous, and with the same color. *Yucks.

If drive on relaxed mode and enjoy some audible good music, driving can take away some stress after a tiring work day.

Edited by DACH

No la. Talking about my angmo colleagues. They got transport provided. Company give them car to drive and pay their petrol. But they still take train and bus alot. Lol.

But true la. They stay quite near to office. Journey by train only around 30-40min max.

If their house is near the MRT station, 30-40 mins describes almost anywhere in Singapore...

Nowadays, Grab or Uber is very convenient too. With the promo codes, some rides are just a few dollars and you don't need to worry about parking or ERP.

I am starting to walk home once a week. Good for exercise. And I realised actually from my office to home, by walking, its only 3.6km. [laugh] Took me an hour to walk home leisurely.

So my car gets one day off per week. [:p]

I am starting to walk home once a week. Good for exercise. And I realised actually from my office to home, by walking, its only 3.6km. [laugh] Took me an hour to walk home leisurely.

You moved house recently? Or you move office, to avoid the lau nang? :X

Supersonic

3.6km not say very far also not very near le. If you walk once per week is ok la, but imagine if you walk few times per week, maybe a bit far. Lol. Anyway, i find people nowadays could be quite lazy, always hear people say if walk to mrt from home more than 6 mins is consider far liao?!  [rolleyes]

You moved house recently? Or you move office, to avoid the lau nang? :X

Neither. Still staying same place and in same office with same views.

Just that past month, getting heel pains returning. So decided to completely drop jogging/running. Therefore thinking of an alternative way to keep my foot active. So I started walking home. Not as much impact on my heel as jogging or running. No pain on my heel so far. I need to stay active due to my AS illness.

• Praise 3

3.6km not say very far also not very near le. If you walk once per week is ok la, but imagine if you walk few times per week, maybe a bit far. Lol. Anyway, i find people nowadays could be quite lazy, always hear people say if walk to mrt from home more than 6 mins is consider far liao?! [rolleyes]

I walk everyday from MRT back home, about 7-8 mins

Very nice stroll. Its good exercise.

Supersonic

I walk everyday from MRT back home, about 7-8 mins

Very nice stroll. Its good exercise.

7-8 mins is near la. For my case, i need to walk at least 10 mins or more to mrt.

7-8 mins is near la. For my case, i need to walk at least 10 mins or more to mrt.

10 min or more is a good exercise, keep your heart healthy   :D

• Praise 1

Supersonic

10 min or more is a good exercise, keep your heart healthy   :D

This is my only exercise daily since nowadays i am too lazy to go for any exercise. Lol.

Hypersonic

This is my only exercise daily since nowadays i am too lazy to go for any exercise. Lol.

still have

1 round of bedminton is equivalent to 15mins jog (hearsay one)

[lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8