Will warranty void if change light bulb?

Bartooo

Neutral Newbie

Hi is anybody willing to share how a new car 5yrs warranty works? i have intent to change my headlights bulb from yellow to those white ones (but LTA approved) like philips 4300 kinds.

↡ Advertisement

Theoretically, all will void when you don't change at AD (including petrol assuming if they do have pumps dispensing it). [laugh]

knn....that time i changed my light bulb (thinking of changing to led ones) skali ad say not in warranty as i had changed my home light bulb..... Edited by Eviilusion

Technically, if you change light bulb, which overloaded the wiring, start a fire and you try to claim warranty, it will be voided.

Otherwise, possibly nothing will happen.

Hi is anybody willing to share how a new car 5yrs warranty works? i have intent to change my headlights bulb from yellow to those white ones (but LTA approved) like philips 4300 kinds.

Refer to your owner's manual.  

If there is a section on it,  unlikely to be an issue.

P.S.

Use approved bulbs.

When you do servicing and are paying $$ to them - they bo chap whatever mod you do.

When you are claiming warranty and they notice your shiny 3rd party bulbs.... hohoho

Warranty policies may differ from AD to AD.

For Komoco, i did a few mods including one to the electrical system (voltage stabiliser and grounding cables) but when subsequently the ignition coil spoiled they still replaced under warranty at no charge. They didn't try to blame it on my electrical mod. My spark plugs also changed to different type and done at outside workshop. 

I doubt there would be any AD who will void warranty for bo liao thing like change light bulb.

Don't think it will void warranty if the bulbs are LTA approved kinds and if the bulbs wattage are in accordance to the manual.

post-138980-0-76922900-1495619059_thumb.jpg

post-138980-0-53202900-1495619197_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement