VW sharan or BMW 216GT?

Su27

Top up engine oil every 4000km?? I thought that is Audi?

Sure Audi/VW are from the same family...engine are the same EA888.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Actually the car will be used to ferry to pre-schooling kids to and fro school. Once in a while, outings will bring maid and wife (the other maid).

And once in a blue moon, in-laws along to outings.

I have seen both cars. Sharan's interior equipments are comparable to 216d's.

But 216d is abit cramp on the second row. And its 3rd is miserable. But of course, its badge is one major trump card.

Let's wait til tomorrow's budget bomb explosion, and see what car categories are left standing.

Yup. Was taught this formula since day one. Actually those days was buy jap, avoid korean and French.

But I guess Koreans have improved much since.

bro,

have you consider Odyssey which the basic version is going for $139k ?

• Praise 1

bro,

have you consider Odyssey which the basic version is going for $139k ?

Odyssey abit too big. Moreover its fuel consumption sucks. Having driven a Honda before and now a conti car. You can tell the big difference on the quality of metal frame and paint quantity. Jap metals dent and paint chip at the slightest bump.

Was at Kah. I tell you, the service sucks. The SEs not interested in serving customers. I can imagine their after-sales service.

Odyssey abit too big. Moreover its fuel consumption sucks. Having driven a Honda before and now a conti car. You can tell the big difference on the quality of metal frame and paint quantity. Jap metals dent and paint chip at the slightest bump.

Was at Kah. I tell you, the service sucks. The SEs not interested in serving customers. I can imagine their after-sales service.

I have to agree with you on Honda paintwork, it's poor and the paint gets chipped off easily esp in our tight car park lots when careless guys opening doors hit our cars. I owned a FD Civic previously.

On the service workshop, I thought they were quite OK. That said, most of the service centres in most ADs are understaff and overworked and I'm not expecting it to be better anytime soon as ADs sell more cars but reluctant to invest in workshops and staff. PML needs 3 weeks booking these days unlike previously and to be fair to the SAs and mechanics, quite obvious they rush through the jobs when overwhelmed.

• Praise 4

err.. think you better go for BMW 216GT

Sharan is bigger than Ody and probably about the same in terms of FC

[:)]

Haha. Ok.

I am also looking at this 2 to replace my outgoing Stream...

For Odyssey, it is the 2.4L that puts me off...but cheaper and robust so... still have not strike it off completely.

Sharan I feel the price is still on the high side...

BMW GT, I would prefer the 218i or 220D.... but also not sure what will the diesel policy be moving forward.

Good luck to you bro.

I was at Kah Ubi a week or 2 ago, in brand-less sport shorts and t-shirt and reached about 630pm, yet the SE who served me really impressed me with his knowledge and good attitude. Same for Nissan SE, who even walked me and my wife to our car!  Maybe you were just unlucky haha.

I have always viewed SEs in Honda negatively due to past bad experience. Now no more.

I have to agree with you on Honda paintwork, it's poor and the paint gets chipped off easily esp in our tight car park lots when careless guys opening doors hit our cars. I owned a FD Civic previously.

On the service workshop, I thought they were quite OK. That said, most of the service centres in most ADs are understaff and overworked and I'm not expecting it to be better anytime soon as ADs sell more cars but reluctant to invest in workshops and staff. PML needs 3 weeks booking these days unlike previously and to be fair to the SAs and mechanics, quite obvious they rush through the jobs when overwhelmed.

Need to book so long?

My kah motors. I book the day before one lol. But I go to Mandai and weekday am.

Need to book so long?

My kah motors. I book the day before one lol. But I go to Mandai and weekday am.

Ya bro, madness! Was called to service last Saturday n booking is for 19/3!

maybe cos I want the first morning slot but still........

• Praise 4

Ya bro, madness! Was called to service last Saturday n booking is for 19/3!

maybe cos I want the first morning slot but still........

ok lah. it's a minor inconvenience as long as u can plan far ahead enough. 

Agreed with japanese paintwork getting chipped easily. But I've never owned a conti car anyway.

ok lah. it's a minor inconvenience as long as u can plan far ahead enough. 

Agreed with japanese paintwork getting chipped easily. But I've never owned a conti car anyway.

True that on planning but nevertheless I abit concerned they do rush job. I'm those kind of people abit paranoid when there are lots of cars to service, the mechanics cut corners but this no proof of course.

My Civic door handles paint chipped off till so ugly, even long fingernails could scratch and in bad cases chipped off the paint. I suppose if u do PPS it would be better as there is an added protection but I do believe BMW paintwork is much better cos I don't seem to have anymore chipped paint, PPS notwithstanding.

• Praise 6

Mandai weekday...... not surprised ...unless you take the opportunity to go to the zoo while you wait for your car to be done... :D

Need to book so long?

• Praise 1

previously when i owned a honda civic, i didn't go back to AD service centre after completing all the free servicing sessions

I have to agree with you on Honda paintwork, it's poor and the paint gets chipped off easily esp in our tight car park lots when careless guys opening doors hit our cars. I owned a FD Civic previously.

Yes, I agree with you on the service experience. My buddy drove a 3 series. Have to wait for weeks before getting an appt to service his rattling brand new car and paint work. Although courtesy car is provided, it is still the effort of having to go to and fro and also make arrangements such as season parking, etc.

People who bought GT will say GT. People who bought Sharan will say Sharan. People who bought neither will say Ody, Estima, Orlando etc.  [laugh]

Jokes aside, assuming it's a straight choice between GT & Sharan, if your kids' pre-school are those drop/pickup and go type and/or you constantly find yourself struggling to load/unload your kids in tight parking spaces then you will find Sharan with its sliding doors a godsend. Also, Sharan has integrated child seats which eliminates the need for separate booster seats. All in all more child friendly I feel.

Note I may be slightly biased as I've chose the Sharan (though yet to take delivery) [:p] and the only problem is that the waiting time for Sharan is quite long, 3-4 months I think.

All the best Su27.

Mandai weekday...... not surprised ...unless you take the opportunity to go to the zoo while you wait for your car to be done... :D

Nowadays, i take uber home or take a bus down to my parent's place in clementi.

actually last time i used to sit there and read newspapers and a book. <2 hrs gao tim already.

But probably just eyeball check, rotate tyres and drain engine oil only niah. Lol.

previously when i owned a honda civic, i didn't go back to AD service centre after completing all the free servicing sessions

Looking for a workshop not too far from my place also. Just finished my free servicings with KM.

Any place to recommend near the AMK area?

↡ Advertisement