The new Water and Carbon Tax

RadX

By introducing the new water tax, every item related to water would also experience substantual price increase ie. A cup of coffee will cost 30% more? Car wash at petrol kisok will cost 30% more? Etc....the list goes on which affect ordinary folks like us in our daily life, not to mention the effect it has on businesses here.

• Praise 2

Good morning.

I did a quick check to understand what the pap meant when they said water costs have been increasing.

In 2008, 1 cubic meter of newater was being sold to PUB for $0.30.

In 2017, one cubic meter of newater was being sold to PUB for 27.6¢.

As you can see, the wholesale price of newater has increased substantially from 0.30 to 27.6. A 9100% increase!!!

Don't you feel lucky that the increase to us is only 30%?

• Praise 1

Nothing much to talk about. It's all one-sided as usual. Ppl are expected to listen and follow.

Get ready your buckets, pail and trolley. Raining time go collect rain water.

• Praise 3

Good morning.

I did a quick check to understand what the pap meant when they said water costs have been increasing.

In 2008, 1 cubic meter of newater was being sold to PUB for $0.30.

In 2017, one cubic meter of newater was being sold to PUB for 27.6¢.

As you can see, the wholesale price of newater has increased substantially from 0.30 to 27.6. A 9100% increase!!!

Don't you feel lucky that the increase to us is only 30%?

27.6cents is less dan 30cents. How you get 9100% increase? [laugh]

27.6cents is less dan 30cents. How you get 9100% increase? [laugh]

That's the only way in which I managed to find an increase mah. They say got increase, if I say no increase later kanna sued how? Maths can be subjective one leh.

• Praise 3

That's the only way in which I managed to find an increase mah. They say got increase, if I say no increase later kanna sued how? Maths can be subjective one leh.

What I see is monopoly. Anti-competition. We are surrounded by seawater. The desalination plants are owned by the govt and they dictate the price of clean water. What we want is to introduce competition to make prices competitive not the govt says how much and we LL have to pay that amount.

Must ask all govt ministers to show hand all their monthly household water utility bill. Whoever uses more than the national average must get their pay cut to let them appreciate the importance of water like one of our minister say.

• Praise 3

2004 - The first-year price is $0.30 per cubic metre for NEWater and $0.15 per cubic metre for Industrial Water.

http://www.kepcorp.com/en/news_item.aspx?sid=899

2014 - At a first-year price of $0.276 per cubic metre, the BESIN-UEN Consortium offers the most competitive tariff for the supply of NEWater over a 25-year period from 2016 to 2041.

http://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/data/pdfdoc/20140925002/pr20140918_2nd_changi_newater_plant_award_press_release_sally.pdf

• Praise 1

Must ask all govt ministers to show hand all their monthly household water utility bill. Whoever uses more than the national average must get their pay cut to let them appreciate the importance of water like one of our minister say.

Next time go stomp whoever minister that sent their car to car wash.

What I see is monopoly. Anti-competition. We are surrounded by seawater. The desalination plants are owned by the govt and they dictate the price of clean water. What we want is to introduce competition to make prices competitive not the govt says how much and we LL have to pay that amount.

There's competition in the price being charged by the plants - not all of them are owned by the govt.

What we need is competition for govt.

Next time go stomp whoever minister that sent their car to car wash.

Groomers go to their house to wash and groom the car la.

Heng my washing machine jit bah booomz

Heng buy front load

Each load use 60% user water

Really is wonder machine

Mine also front load.

But front load is more expensive in the first place - Gotta wash more to make up for it  [laugh]

• Praise 1