Calling JDM sports or rare car owners

Sw20

Is Nissan 370z counted as a JDM Sports car.?

DEFINITELY! :)

↡ Advertisement

Japan sports car I would agree.

Do call it JDM sports car, I don't think many models would qualify.

370z and along with others that are sold by TC or AD, should not be qualify as one unless one that is brought in by PI.

• Praise 1

Off the top of my head, here's what JDM sports cars *would* qualify if they shouldn't be sold by ADs:

Daihatsu Copen

Honda Accord Euro R

Honda Civic Type R FD2R

Honda S660

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX RS, wagon, X RS and X Final Edition

Subaru Impreza WRX Spec C

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32/R33

Toyota MR-S

The list may be longer, I am sure I am missing a few cars, but without the AD filter it would include cars like the Integra Type R, R34 GT-R, 350Z/370Z, what people would commonly regard as JDM as they come.

What tickles me a lot is seeing LHD countries do JDM conversions, but missing the most obvious elephant in the room - the steering wheel being on the non-JDM side of the car!

Off the top of my head, here's what JDM sports cars *would* qualify if they shouldn't be sold by ADs:

Daihatsu Copen

Honda Accord Euro R

Honda Civic Type R FD2R

Honda S660

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX RS, wagon, X RS and X Final Edition

Subaru Impreza WRX Spec C

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32/R33

Toyota MR-S

The list may be longer, I am sure I am missing a few cars, but without the AD filter it would include cars like the Integra Type R, R34 GT-R, 350Z/370Z, what people would commonly regard as JDM as they come.

What tickles me a lot is seeing LHD countries do JDM conversions, but missing the most obvious elephant in the room - the steering wheel being on the non-JDM side of the car!

I completely agree with you.

But it would be nice if AD japanese sports cars could come in as well. AD doesn't support sports cars very well and usually be left on their own after the warranty ends, in this sense it is almost like PI. Not all AD though.

That is why anyone could join in this bandwagon to meet more people. Get parts and learn about easy DIY and repairs that could cost you.

We could also learn from people who bought from AD and could help us get parts from AD.

Then i am in...mine is one of the first few 370z on the road,so fast,near 8 years.

Do you remember how long we waited for the R35?

Is now an old car too.

I was so young then. hhahaha

Btw, how do I update the the list from the 1st post of this thread?

I completely agree with you.

But it would be nice if AD japanese sports cars could come in as well. AD doesn't support sports cars very well and usually be left on their own after the warranty ends, in this sense it is almost like PI. Not all AD though.

That is why anyone could join in this bandwagon to meet more people. Get parts and learn about easy DIY and repairs that could cost you.

We could also learn from people who bought from AD and could help us get parts from AD.

Yeah I think we can afford to be more generous with the definition of "JDM" rather than be purist about it.

Surely, an S2000 is quintessentially JDM? So what if Kah Motor sold it?

Anyway, a bump to gain the attention of the other JDM specials out there.

Yeah I think we can afford to be more generous with the definition of "JDM" rather than be purist about it.

Surely, an S2000 is quintessentially JDM? So what if Kah Motor sold it?

Anyway, a bump to gain the attention of the other JDM specials out there.

Thank you very much :)

↡ Advertisement