New 2018 VW AhTiong (Arteon)

Mockngbrd

While the performance and specs of this car is equivalent to cars costing much more, sadly the interior design is exactly like the one found in the current B8 Passat.  It would be great if its going to look like the new generation VW design as in the new Tourag.

• Praise 3

Seen this ah tiong in fresh and close up.

Really a beauty. No mistake about it.

Pix does no justice to this car.

Correct myself. In flesh.....

While the performance and specs of this car is equivalent to cars costing much more, sadly the interior design is exactly like the one found in the current B8 Passat. It would be great if its going to look like the new generation VW design as in the new Tourag.

Yes arteon is a new model and deserve vw latest interior connected dashboard

Seen this ah tiong in fresh and close up.

Really a beauty. No mistake about it.

Pix does no justice to this car.

Yes and given its performance, this suits people with budget below 200k. Got 2-3 almost new management unit sold at ard 180k. Quite a steal

But for $200k....??

If its bmw it would have cost 240k

And this arteon is similar to superb which has a big rear leg room and huge boot space since its a fastback

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Volkswagen CC Travel Edition (Arteon Shooting Brake)

vw-arteon-shooting-brake-cc-travel-editi

vw-arteon-shooting-brake-cc-travel-editi

Always love wagons but somehow Arteon in wagon version doesn't look as impressive as its fastback version. I think the fastback version is a very handsome looking car in its design configuration, hence is hard to pass down its beautiful DNA into the wagon.

Nevertheless, among other class, this wagon stands out on its own and more since the Mercedes CLS has done away its shootingbrake version.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Only vw's marketing power can transform a boring passat into a passat cc and then arteon and sell it at a premium. I'm not falling for it.

If $5k above Passat sedan ok lah

But premium is like $50-60k

WTF are the buyers smokin'....? Lol

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Only vw's marketing power can transform a boring passat into a passat cc and then arteon and sell it at a premium. I'm not falling for it.

Wonder y VW don't go the cheaper route to make the interior of the Arteon more chio than to spend tonnes of money in marketing. I think interior chio + specs of the Arteon = move many more units than current.

6 hours ago, Soya said:

If $5k above Passat sedan ok lah

But premium is like $50-60k

WTF are the buyers smokin'....? Lol

By looking at the OMV and 20k VES of the sedan model, the cost alone is already 170k, there is no way to get it cheap 

On 2/8/2019 at 11:34 AM, Soya said:
On 2/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, Spring said:

First time seeing an Arteon on the road. Got road presence n quite nice shapeð

But for $200k....??

Most got it under 200k.. way way below 200k

280bhp 20inch rims n 4wd .. good value 

Edited by Sdf4786k

6 hours ago, Rickster said:

Wonder y VW don't go the cheaper route to make the interior of the Arteon more chio than to spend tonnes of money in marketing. I think interior chio + specs of the Arteon = move many more units than current.

Have you try sitting in the Arteon? The built quality confirm not cheap. And for petrol head, this car has most of the desired features, 280ps / 350Nm, 5.6 sec 0 - 100Km/h, 7 speed wet clutch DSG, AWD, DCC, etc. 

volkswagen_arteon_r-line_86.jpg

volkswagen_arteon_r-line_78.jpg

• Praise 4

9 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Have you try sitting in the Arteon? The built quality confirm not cheap. And for petrol head, this car has most of the desired features, 280ps / 350Nm, 5.6 sec 0 - 100Km/h, 7 speed wet clutch DSG, AWD, DCC, etc.  

Actually, I haven't sat in this car before. Only seen it in the flesh.The thing that struck me is that it looks so much like the passat of which I already find the interior design lacking for a car at this price point - personal opinion of course.

But it's good news hearing from you the car's got the high quality feel factor. 

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Rickster said:

Actually, I haven't sat in this car before. Only seen it in the flesh.The thing that struck me is that it looks so much like the passat of which I already find the interior design lacking for a car at this price point - personal opinion of course.

But it's good news hearing from you the car's got the high quality feel factor. 

The interior is almost identical to the Passat visually, which is indeed a negative, but to begin with for most the Passat interior was quite classy and well made, if perhaps ... understated, to be euphemistic.

Anyway, Arteon right now is going at a practically fire sale price from VCS.

↡ Advertisement