New 2018 VW AhTiong (Arteon)

Mockngbrd

Sometimes this depends. More car advertisement with his company SPH means more incentives for him?

He actually criticised the car more than praise it.

Maybe VW advertising with ST has gone down... I see less VW ads compared to the past

I think its selling very well. A lot of car mags close shop already

please dont waste time reading it, let alone buying one copy.

↡ Advertisement

same pricing, why would anyone buy the VW over a merc E class?

Form vs function. Is the interior so luxurious that you have to have it vs a merc? Granted it delivers 280 bhp.

Same as trying to convince someone to buy a Phateon vs a S class or Audi A8. Maybe cheaper. But you dont want to be considered a goondu or get stuck with selling it in the second hand market.

• Praise 4

$220k for this arty farty named Passat is a bit ridiculous lah. Even at $180k, i reckon it's still a hard sell. 

If someone wants something outta the box, a Stinger does a much better job at a lower price. 

• Praise 1

$220k for this arty farty named Passat is a bit ridiculous lah. Even at $180k, i reckon it's still a hard sell.

If someone wants something outta the box, a Stinger does a much better job at a lower price.

Ya I do agree that Arteon is overpriced n yes Stinger seems good value in contrast.

• Praise 5

Me too, might as well save $60K and get the 2.0L Stinger.
  • Praise 1

Me too, might as well save $60K and get the 2.0L Stinger.

For 220k, can get the 3.3L Stinger.....w spare change to mod until chiat a porky
  • Praise 1

Form vs function. Is the interior so luxurious that you have to have it vs a merc? Granted it delivers 280 bhp.

Same as trying to convince someone to buy a Phateon vs a S class or Audi A8. Maybe cheaper. But you dont want to be considered a goondu or get stuck with selling it in the second hand market.

E class is quite a bit more expensive leh....

Probably closer competition is A5 SB, which is only 190+k at the base model, so the souped up model will be around same price as Arteon R-design.

No brainer to go for A5.

Haha, why would anyone buy the AhTiong over anything else? But Jeremy Clarkson actually figured out why this car is called AhTiong because it is really made for the Tiongkok kia.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2018-volkswagen-arteon/

"I simply couldn’t think of anyone I’ve met, or even seen, who might want a good-looking four-door coupé that’s huge in the back and ordinary at the front, with a VW badge and a 40 grand bill" Now, I don’t want to be racist but there’s a curious reason for this. The Chinese.
” - Jeremy Clarkson
Edited by andrewyewkc

JC is ignorant la

car maker will make any version that can sell in China market

besides, AT VW is made in PRC for PRC

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Arteon seemed to have gotten a slight uprate in power, I recall when i saw spec card it's got more than 245

• Praise 1

I spotted the first Arteon along Lentor Ave. Dark blue.

No pics coz driving.

Was there a thought bubble hovering on top of the car w a Stinger picture in it?....

Arteon seemed to have gotten a slight uprate in power, I recall when i saw spec card it's got more than 245

I had the impression it was 280 bhp with 4wd

It’s here already but I think shld see it in the flesh before passing comments cos doesn’t look that impressive in pics.

Not only that, you should see it on the road...

Some time back I was admiring one in CTE, stalked it for a good distance until he exit the expressway. :wub:

Too bad the price is too much for me... :shy:

Haha, why would anyone buy the AhTiong over anything else? But Jeremy Clarkson actually figured out why this car is called AhTiong because it is really made for the Tiongkok kia.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2018-volkswagen-arteon/

"I simply couldnât think of anyone Iâve met, or even seen, who might want a good-looking four-door coupé thatâs huge in the back and ordinary at the front, with a VW badge and a 40 grand bill" Now, I donât want to be racist but thereâs a curious reason for this. The Chinese.â - Jeremy Clarkson

If the Cheena like the fat derrière, then let the Cheena buy lah!

It's designed for the Cheena market anyway

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1