New 2018 VW AhTiong (Arteon)

Mockngbrd

2 hours ago, 7hm said:

The interior is almost identical to the Passat visually, which is indeed a negative, but to begin with for most the Passat interior was quite classy and well made, if perhaps ... understated, to be euphemistic.

Anyway, Arteon right now is going at a practically fire sale price from VCS.

Even if VCS lelong at cost @ $170k, it still seems too expensive for what is essentially a Passat....

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 1/16/2020 at 4:53 PM, Soya said:

Even if VCS lelong at cost @ $170k, it still seems too expensive for what is essentially a Passat....

so which passat come in 4WD and 280 BHP?

engine and the dual injection is something most owners never bother. But when you have carbon valve deposit, that takes away a bit of driving enjoyment.

On 11/30/2017 at 10:50 AM, Carbon82 said:

:=B: NSFW :=B: 

VW Arteon's Practicality Tested Using A Young Woman In Ukraine

vw-arteon-ukraine-amateur-review-4.jpg

vw-arteon-ukraine-amateur-review-3.jpg

vw-arteon-ukraine-amateur-review-1.jpg

Got upgrade liao

fast-BED edition

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I will question VW megatronic on such car, don't be sway by beautiful interiors and such, the German lacks the capability to handles such an issues over and over again, Don't waste time on VW car , never say I never warn VW hopeful.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Got upgrade liao

fast-BED edition

Can do staycation in the car. [thumbsup] :D  :D

30 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

I will question VW megatronic on such car, don't be sway by beautiful interiors and such, the German lacks the capability to handles such an issues over and over again, Don't waste time on VW car , never say I never warn VW hopeful.

Have you owned a VW with problematic megatronic or are you making the statemen based on hear say? 

I have owned 2 units with 6 speed DSG, one clocked 158K+ km while the other just crossed the 140K km mark, and *touch wood*, none of them exhibit any sign of jerking or failure. In case you are not convinced, my friends and relatives have another at least 5 Sharan, Golf GTi, Passat CC, aged between 8 - 13 year old (mileage >150K km at least) and all are going strong till date. 

It can't be that we are all so lucky with faultless gearbox right? 

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

Toyota harrier 3rd gen earlier batch has torque converter problem, cannot last over 50k km. Is it safe to say all toyota torque converter got prob?

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

I think he meant the dry DQ-200 gearbox. 

Your version and your friends appears to be the wet ones, which are quite ok.

I believe the Arteon also should not have such issues as they are not using the DQ-200 which is meant for entry level VAG cars.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I think he meant the dry DQ-200 gearbox. 

Your version and your friends appears to be the wet ones, which are quite ok.

I believe the Arteon also should not have such issues as they are not using the DQ-200 which is meant for entry level VAG cars.

If vag really that lousy they wont be top 3 car manufacturer in the world in term of sales

• Praise 2

47 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Have you owned a VW with problematic megatronic or are you making the statemen based on hear say? 

I have owned 2 units with 6 speed DSG, one clocked 158K+ km while the other just crossed the 140K km mark, and *touch wood*, none of them exhibit any sign of jerking or failure. In case you are not convinced, my friends and relatives have another at least 5 Sharan, Golf GTi, Passat CC, aged between 8 - 13 year old (mileage >150K km at least) and all are going strong till date. 

U need to hire a lion dance troupe to ward away the evil dsg sprite when u collect the car.

and if your dsg jerk, it’s a sign of been possessed and must go get a Priest to perform exorcism.

• Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Actually I did kenna with the 6 speed wet DSG. It was a Caddy. Otherwise, it performed flawlessly. I changed gearbox oil every 40000km.

After 160000km, the shift from 1st to 2nd gear will give a violent jerk. Quite loud too.

It was after 9 years and I scrapped it. The boss later told me he renewed COE and changed the gearbox. 😁

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If vag really that lousy they wont be top 3 car manufacturer in the world in term of sales

Nothing about VAG being lousy or good bro. Was referring about the DQ200 gearbox that another forumner talk about the mechatronics ("megatronic") issue.

54 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Toyota harrier 3rd gen earlier batch has torque converter problem, cannot last over 50k km. Is it safe to say all toyota torque converter got prob?

their gearbox cooler also a weak point. the seal alway break and coolant mix with gearbox fluid, when that happen a total overhaul is needed. those estima vellfire alot kenna. 

hopefully they fix the latest batch

• Praise 2

Why vw say arteon is the replace ment of the passat cc. Then the youtube video I saw say is an Audi A7 on a budget? The A7 is a whole lot bigger car than the passat. What is it, really?

8 minutes ago, Beregond said:

their gearbox cooler also a weak point. the seal alway break and coolant mix with gearbox fluid, when that happen a total overhaul is needed. those estima vellfire alot kenna. 

hopefully they fix the latest batch

wah heng ah... I was actually seriously considering a Harrier turbo. 😅

6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Why vw say arteon is the replace ment of the passat cc. Then the youtube video I saw say is an Audi A7 on a budget? The A7 is a whole lot bigger car than the passat. What is it, really?

*Edit*

Just saw this article in the wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Arteon 

Apparently, it is supposedly a replacement of the Passat CC. So maybe that is the video creator's personal view.

Edited by Rickster

29 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Nothing about VAG being lousy or good bro. Was referring about the DQ200 gearbox that another forumner talk about the mechatronics ("megatronic") issue.

I mean if its really unreliable they wouldnt sell so well 

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Its similar to superb in term of dimension

Just now, Rickster said:

wah heng ah... I was actually seriously considering a Harrier turbo. 😅

i think the turbo batch they should fix already .. if not i would be disappointed with toyota. some time its not design fault. but lousy quality part use.

like the latest model altis (around 2-3 year model ) they use a cheap bearing for their alternator. very fast around 60k mileage , high % of altis will kenna the bearing damage woooo sound from the alternator. 

their Procurement  chief for this really need to be sack. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2