COE bidding - 1st round March 2017

RadX

For your info, those who booked K3 at $83K during Motor Show in Jan, ALL secured, under non guaranteed COE

I wonder how much is the profit for the 83k kia. Seems like a sweet deal for folks who just want a decent ride.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For your info, those who booked K3 at $83K during Motor Show in Jan, ALL secured, under non guaranteed COE

Good loh though dunno where ur source come from. Basic ride with uber trim for those who don't mind, many are still paying 94k for higher trim.

While i did not expect COE to drop much this round, the 2 rounds of consecutive increase caught me by surprise.

guys.. need my advise since this is my first car. Today my AD only put in bid of 46k, i am on 6 bid non guaranteed. I know their margin on my car probably not very high and most likely they wont go much higher than 46k. Like that i will never get my COE? Should i top up 3k to get guaranteed?

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

I doubt your AD will bid higher than 46k as their profit margin is 2-3k only. You can check the car cost price to make the assessment.

This show what is the motive on those predict coe will continue to go down all the way with the same economic not doing well lame excuse.

They just simply keep ignoring coe is economic crisis and intervention resistance.

Hopefully by next year or 2, during the coe drought season begin, they don't sing the same song to cloud others on their judgement.

Big bro, give chance la. My prediction off but honestly puzzled. Times are bad yet ppl seem to have no $$ problems.

Who are the SEs here ...... ?? Don't think SEs will spend time here, better sell more cars to make a better living.

Cars are unlike wet market and hence the salary is commission based plus 200 dollars.

So on weekdays unless there are private event or policy changes, showroom like cemetery other then car service customer stagger into the showroom to whiff the smell of new cars. 

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

I doubt your AD will bid higher than 46k as their profit margin is 2-3k only. You can check the car cost price to make the assessment.

hi i read the attachment. but it doesn't mention the cost of manufacturing the car.  Only mentioned omv, gst and coe. If the cost of the car is factored in as well, does it mean that this 83k is actually selling at a loss? 

sorry ar, i not very familiar with the margins that AD makes.

look at column (21)

hi i read the attachment. but it doesn't mention the cost of manufacturing the car.  Only mentioned omv, gst and coe. If the cost of the car is factored in as well, does it mean that this 83k is actually selling at a loss? 

sorry ar, i not very familiar with the margins that AD makes.

look at column (21)

Column (21) = Column (19) - (17) 

(19) is  selling price from AD 

(17) is average omv + GST + registration fee + COE

it does not state the cost of making the car, it cannot be FOC to the AD right? 

I am not looking for debate. I just curious where is the cost of manufacturing the car goes to.

• Praise 1

I am not looking for debate. I just curious where is the cost of manufacturing the car goes to.

it is part of OMV

• Praise 1

if you are not looking to buy the Principal (Mercedes/BMW)....there is no need to look at the cost of manufacturing the car. 

The ADs (CnC/PML) profit margin is the one you have to consider if you are assessing whether they are likely to bid higher for you just to sell you the car.

(17) is the basic cost the ADs have to fork out to the Principal +  LTA to bring the car in and pay all the taxes ready to be sold.

(21) is the margin the ADs earn.

• Praise 1

part of OMV

OMV can be broken down into several components:

1. Purchase price of car

2. Freight charges

3. Insurance fees

4. Other costs to bring the car from country of origin into Singapore

These components are based on the importation papers declared to customs. Purchase price should be the invoice amount from manufacturer to AD and also declared on the bill of lading/shipping docs etc. 

To answer your question, look at component 1, purchase price

The Purchase price is the selling price from the manufacturer to the AD/entity doing the import

It can be broken down to even more components

1. Cost of manufacturing the car

2. Manufacturer's profit margin

3. Local taxes applicable in manufacturer's jurisdiction

4. Delivery costs to port

5. Testing and certification costs

hope it answer your question

• Praise 2

Anyone chut sin chia that cost at least 140k and above? How come from the post always see ppl talk abt b&b car. Hardly anyone talk abt higher grade car. Is it because those who buy expensive car dont care abt coe at all?

Just curious

• Praise 1

part of OMV

OMV can be broken down into several components:

1. Purchase price of car

2. Freight charges

3. Insurance fees

4. Other costs to bring the car from country of origin into Singapore

These components are based on the importation papers declared to customs. Purchase price should be the invoice amount from manufacturer to AD and also declared on the bill of lading/shipping docs etc. 

To answer your question, look at component 1, purchase price

The Purchase price is the selling price from the manufacturer to the AD/entity doing the import

It can be broken down to even more components

1. Cost of manufacturing the car

2. Manufacturer's profit margin

3. Local taxes applicable in manufacturer's jurisdiction

4. Delivery costs to port

5. Testing and certification costs

hope it answer your question

thanks for your explanation guys, I think I get it now. 

if you are not looking to buy the Principal (Mercedes/BMW)....there is no need to look at the cost of manufacturing the car. 

The ADs (CnC/PML) profit margin is the one you have to consider if you are assessing whether they are likely to bid higher for you just to sell you the car.

(17) is the basic cost the ADs have to fork out to the Principal +  LTA to bring the car in and pay all the taxes ready to be sold.

(21) is the margin the ADs earn.

thanks

And if I am looking to buy a Mercedes or BMW, so how do I look at the cost of manufacturing the car?  

Anyone chut sin chia that cost at least 140k and above? How come from the post always see ppl talk abt b&b car. Hardly anyone talk abt higher grade car. Is it because those who buy expensive car dont care abt coe at all?

Just curious

Yes,  i have 2 friends who are doing family business  and are those who bought car above 140k . Asked them about what was the COE rebate , CEVS rebate or need to pay surcharge and they said they dont know. Only look at the dotted libe of the car delivery date. To them , mycarforum is also unheard of . 

I noticed they dont really monitor the COE price too. 

those father/mother buy for them one also don't need to know what all these CEVS/VES/COE/OMV/RoadTax are all about.

↡ Advertisement