Which brand should I buy for fuel cleaning system ?

Winning

Still can find FP60?

Let me try to recall...

Last time is FP60 for petrol and diesel.

Then it changed to FP-Plus for petrol.

I think price also increased.

Not sure from whom to get locally now.

Here's the website if you're interested.

http://lcdinc.com/

↡ Advertisement

Anyway,our Top Tier 98 Petrol already contained enough Additives to prevent the Intake Valves from getting Dirty,those aftermarket Additives are for Countries that don't have good 98 Petrol like Vietnam or Laos,which only sell 88 Octane Petrol with little or no additive added.....another most important advice,try to 'rev' the engine once a while...it will also help to maintain the engine in the long run.

Turbocharged

Catalytic converters are ex. Burn too much 2T and you kill the CAT!

Got to use the correct 2T... Must get the ashless one with TC-W3 marine oil standard. They will write in the label.

If still worried, pour a bit on an aluminum foil and burn it with lighter.

Nothing should be left behind.

Twincharged

Got to use the correct 2T... Must get the ashless one with TC-W3 marine oil standard. They will write in the label.

If still worried, pour a bit on an aluminum foil and burn it with lighter.

Nothing should be left behind.

Drove rx8 and added 2t too. But maybe I killed the cat, cause I had white powder at the exhaust tips. Or maybe the shitty wankle killed it rather than the 2T. Who knows. All piston 4 stoke engines do not need 2T so best is not to be clever and add. But then it's your car, do as you wish. But for the rest, be Kay khiang at your own peril.
  • Praise 1

This test shows that after two bottles of Caltex Techron Concentrate, it DOESN'T really work as claimed (with proof).

The carbon build-up was on a truck that was at least 15 years old with 124k miles ( about 200k km) on it.

The author of the video was expecting the results that was shown on the label.

Seriously,  that truck was behind by 41 bottles of Techron Concentrate so I don't really expect just by using 2 bottles would do the job. 

Edited by Kklee
  • Praise 2

Moreover, the guy didnt really drive the car around and clear carbon.. Don't think he even revved the engine, just left it idling.. not much of cleaning could be done isn't it?

Moreover, the guy didnt really drive the car around and clear carbon.. Don't think he even revved the engine, just left it idling.. not much of cleaning could be done isn't it?

As far as I can tell, it has been driven around.

The FC for his V6 (off the internet) was around  17 MPG i.e. 7.2 km/Litre.

10 gallons only can go 272km.  So maybe like you said, not enough cleaning.

↡ Advertisement