Esso discount voucher

Kelvinh0

Just a reminder, the mount batten discount voucher can only be use from 31 Oct.

Just now was at JE Esso, one lady trying to use the new voucher.

• Praise 1

The lady cannot read! Haha
  • Praise 1

Just went all the way there to pump. Now they ration and only strictly give 1 booklet per pump. The last day to give out the booklets is tomorrow

Anyone who dun need the $5 coupons? Can share share? :)

Was chatting with my friend earlier in the week and we were working out how many coupon booklets can we realistically use for this Mountbatten one.

If we were driving a 50L tank car, and assuming that we pump once a week with a quarter tank left - that would mean that we would pump a maximum of about 40L.

If we pump RON95 - and going by current price of $2.18 per litre: 40 x 2.18 = $87.20 before discount.

That means we can only use one coupon per tank per week. So, theoretically, we need only one booklet for the next 3 months (Nov, Dec & Jan).

What do you think?

• Praise 1

Why not just pump $50 gross every visit to maximized the vouchers? No need to pump full tank one lah... Think most brothers here does that.

Based on a usage of 40L a week, one month 40L x 4 = 160L. Cost: 160 x $2.18 = $348.8

2 booklets of 4 x $50 vouchers each more then enough. [laugh]  

Was chatting with my friend earlier in the week and we were working out how many coupon booklets can we realistically use for this Mountbatten one.

If we were driving a 50L tank car, and assuming that we pump once a week with a quarter tank left - that would mean that we would pump a maximum of about 40L.

If we pump RON95 - and going by current price of $2.18 per litre: 40 x 2.18 = $87.20 before discount.

That means we can only use one coupon per tank per week. So, theoretically, we need only one booklet for the next 3 months (Nov, Dec & Jan).

What do you think?

• Praise 4

Why not just pump $50 gross every visit to maximized the vouchers? No need to pump full tank one lah... Think most brothers here does that.

Based on a usage of 40L a week, one month 40L x 4 = 160L. Cost: 160 x $2.18 = $348.8

Thanks for sharing. Indeed a different perspective that I and my friend hadn't considered. Perhaps due to the fact that visiting the petrol station is more ritualistic than a conscious effort sort of thing - see the tank about a quarter left then go pump to full and continue from there.

Rinse and repeat cycle that we have religiously adhered to for lack of want to inconvenience ourselves to having more trips to the station than we expect or need I guess.

I went to pump another $10 petrol. Got another booklet. Just nice to last me through. They are indeed very strict about it liao. Got to ask and they only gave 1 booklet.

She shd be a guy.. cos she kuku
  • Praise 1

ya lor. dats what I do also. maximize the vouchers and smile points. went to pump full tank $100 before to use 2 x coupons but unfortunately not feasible cos practically I have to ensure my fuel tank close to empty using spare liao.... :a-panic:

It is gross $50. Minus $5 voucher and cc discount of 17% (dbs), you pay $36.50.

On the last day at Tampines Ave 7, I pumped full tank till the throat, it came to $48+. I asked the cashier if I could use the voucher, he tried to key in the system, but rejected! On another earlier occasion, I was short of a few cent to $50, it was allowed!

Think what u mentioning is 17% discount on the full $50 then deduct $5 which shld be the way. The other way is deduct $5 from $50 n then apply 17% discount which result to be $37.35 v $36.50 for the other way.

• Praise 3

Pleasure bro.

Forum should be for sharing good stuffs. Good idea, good deals, good lobang, good SE. Anything good. 

I'm happy to know that I can make a difference for you by sharing.  [nod]

Thanks for sharing. Indeed a different perspective that I and my friend hadn't considered. Perhaps due to the fact that visiting the petrol station is more ritualistic than a conscious effort sort of thing - see the tank about a quarter left then go pump to full and continue from there.

Rinse and repeat cycle that we have religiously adhered to for lack of want to inconvenience ourselves to having more trips to the station than we expect or need I guess.

Tmr their last day dunno got petrol clearance sale onot? :XD:

First come, first served! Register fast fast. They will deliver to your car! [sly]