Esso discount voucher

Kelvinh0

Actually, the reason Esso gave voucher to the drivers is to avoid lowering the price of Petrol directly and going into a price war with their "brothers" (remember you ask 10 drivers, 10 will say they are Cartel😀) ... It cuts both ways cos it's difficult to raise it back without all the drivers kpkb and generating backlash. 

Give voucher as incentive, immediately got many many here spread the word for them! free advertisement and many goodwill! Even have its own Esso MFC thread without being a sponsor! 😜

• Haha! 3

42 minutes ago, Hosaybo said:

Actually, the reason Esso gave voucher to the drivers is to avoid lowering the price of Petrol directly and going into a price war with their "brothers" (remember you ask 10 drivers, 10 will say they are Cartel😀) ... It cuts both ways cos it's difficult to raise it back without all the drivers kpkb and generating backlash. 

Give voucher as incentive, immediately got many many here spread the word for them! free advertisement and many goodwill! Even have its own Esso MFC thread without being a sponsor! 😜

Same with credit card discounts with brands of petrol. The rich get richer in the end as some of the lower income with motorcycles who pay cash, pay the most. 

• Praise 1

On 1/25/2023 at 5:47 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Just got mine yesterday. Only for selected OCBC card members.

My Esso Mastercard account bo vouchers.

Esso is becoming like telco.. stay with them no benefits one. Need to jump ship to another credit card then got benefits. Just like how remaining with telco is pointless when they give offers and discounts to port in new subscribers and nothing to existing loyal subscribers.

DDC862AD-6911-4F01-AFB6-3870F6F5EC03.jpeg

Just got the OCBC 365 credit card but haven use it at ESSO yet, so how do we actually link to the Smiles account? Possibly why not everyone get the vouchers as no history transaction spending with the card...

11 hours ago, Cumzilla said:

Just got the OCBC 365 credit card but haven use it at ESSO yet, so how do we actually link to the Smiles account? Possibly why not everyone get the vouchers as no history transaction spending with the card...

I didn’t link it. I still have my old stand-alone Smiles card. And I use the O365 cc to pay in conjunction with the voucher.

11 hours ago, Cumzilla said:

Can link one meh? Thought just tap esso card to earn points, then tap O365 to pay.

31 minutes ago, Cumzilla said:

@Theoldjaffa @badlammy 

since the screenshot mentioned linked, tot need to link, which I also cannot find anywhere in the app to link the card...

I see where your question comes from.

When you pump Esso, do you use the Plus card as your Smiles Card also?

Meaning it’s 2-in-1. Your Plus Card is also your Smiles Card.

if yes then you need to link to another OCBC Card cos Plus is discon on 1 Feb. See the screenshot for steps on how to do it.

if no, it means you have a separate smiles card. Then BAU, just tap Smiles Card to earn points and tap O365 to pay. But if you want to now link your Smiles to O365, also follow the screenshot.

C703ED78-8BC9-4767-9274-12FC2FE3A0D4.jpeg

Edited by Theoldjaffa

15 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I didn’t link it. I still have my old stand-alone Smiles card. And I use the O365 cc to pay in conjunction with the voucher.

How many % discount for the 365 card?

11 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I see where your question comes from.

When you pump Esso, do you use the Plus card as your Smiles Card also?

Meaning it’s 2-in-1. Your Plus Card is also your Smiles Card.

no, when I pump esso, I usually use dbs esso card. Just got the 365 couple of months back to replace the Plus card, since it also mentioned 'selected' customers, guess I am not the selected ones as I never use it for payment at Esso before, not even the Plus card before...

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Cumzilla said:

no, when I pump esso, I usually use dbs esso card. Just got the 365 couple of months back to replace the Plus card, since it also mentioned 'selected' customers, guess I am not the selected ones as I never use it for payment at Esso before, not even the Plus card before...

If DBS Esso then no action needed. This total discount is the highest.

Just that you may not get any OCBC vouchers.

I suggest you get another Smiles Card under your wife’s name and link it to the OCBC card so as to get a shot at receiving the vouchers in future.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, chewtherock said:

Selling esso $6 off $60 voucher for ocbc cards. expire end of this month. pm me thanks 

Please la, take your selling to Carousell. Somemore 3 days to end of month.

MCF is for sharing. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Never could understand why the lousy machine at Esso cannot accept mobile payments without the card discount. Ie Apple or Samsung pay with the credit card tied to it. 
SPC had no problems. 

Neutral Newbie

I'm fairly new to the Esso App. How often do they give out the PHV Esso E-voucher? I just registered my PHV in Dec 2022, got approved in Jan and was given

3 x $3 off 50

2 x $5 off 60 

1 minute ago, Arch said:

I'm fairly new to the Esso App. How often do they give out the PHV Esso E-voucher? I just registered my PHV in Dec 2022, got approved in Jan and was given

3 x $3 off 50

2 x $5 off 60 

10x $3 off $50 on 1 and 15 of the month

↡ Advertisement