Worth to claim ins of $7k repair caused by fallen branches

Athrin

Same. Lucky I kept the branch. Insurer managed to claim from the nparks. Mine also bonnet dented. Branch was quite a small one actually. around 30cm long only.

Unfortunately for mine it happen while the car was driving in heavy rain, but didn't occur to me to keep the branch, next time I know better heh ( hope no next time)
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

where did the incident happen? Is it public or private tree that caused the damage? If public,is it road side or town council area? If its the former, u may try emailing NParks with pictures.

Unfortunately for mine it happen while the car was driving in heavy rain, but didn't occur to me to keep the branch, next time I know better heh ( hope no next time)

Change car la haaaaaa
  • Praise 1

Option 4. Why so scare claim insurance ?

Not scared.

Sometimes just not economical to claim as you'll end up paying more for insurance premiums.

Garment is v smelly. They already say if they do due diligence in inspection, they won't pay a cent to any death, injury or damage.

Else why you think after botanic gardens accident fast hand fast leg reinspect and declare in papers "All trees checked and healthy".

Same. Lucky I kept the branch. Insurer managed to claim from the nparks. Mine also bonnet dented. Branch was quite a small one actually. around 30cm long only.

Thanks for the heads up.

When I thought we were screw by MIW, the same thing would naturally happen to our car that got crew by Nparks

Now I know.

Hi all,

Need your advice…

Huge branches fell on my car

My Comprehensive insurance premium was $680

1. Can repair at Kah Motor (KM)
  2. with NCD protector (current is 50% NCD)
  3. waiver of excess of 1st own damaged claim (2nd own damage excess is $800)
  4. Courtesy car provided if go repair at KM

Kah Motor (KM) body shop will

1. replace the roof,
  2. knock & re-spray two sides beside the roof, two front A-pillar, two door panels, front & rear fenders

Estimated no 8 to 10 days (excluding weekends)

Estimated repair cost of 6-8k

Provide a courtesy car

Authorised workshop A will only knock & re-spray the roof (unlike KM which will replace)

The rest same as KM to knock & re-spray all damaged areas.

Same estimated no of days as KM

Did not provide estimated repair cost

But NO courtesy car

Option 1

Don’t repair

Maybe this is good only if im confirmed going to scrap my car (but my almost 11yrs old car mileage is only 130k, if sell on SG car mart or to exporter, maybe can fetch higher than trade in to KM if buy new Civic this year)

Option 2

Repair at Authorised workshop

But unlikely, coz No courtesy car & KM workmanship should be better & KM replace roof instead of repair…

Option 3

Find the cheapest workshop & repair out of my own pocket??

Option 4

Repair at KM

Is this the best option?

If do this, upon next insurance renewal,

1. Most likely have to stay with current insurer, as NCD protector is only recognized by current insurer
  2. Estimated increase in premium of 5% to $200+ or $300+ or $400
  3. No more NCD protector
  4. No more waiver of excess of 1st own damaged claim

PS: Hi moderator, i seach by insurance & branch & tree, but was not able to find a similar topic...

pls help to move to the appropriate thread if i post wrongly,

many tks

can claim against the tree?

Good idea.

But did the insurance company reduce your NCD? And did the insurance company request for the broken branches?  

Twincharged

Good idea.

But did the insurance company reduce your NCD? And did the insurance company request for the broken branches?  

Nope. Never request. I just give them. I never claim own insurance why reduce my NCD? Mine is third party coverage only. No way to claim own damage.

similiar things happen but mine was during tree prunning. The bloody contractor somemore deny. I took the pictures of my car covered with all the branches and leafs and the newly prunned branch mark. The contractor some more talk cock and say let me "earn" $200 for a couple of dents made. I proceed to claim their insurance which cost them more than 4K (includes car rental, downtime, my annual leave, legal cost and repair).

Why Option 2 dont give courtesy Car??

My car got hit by car behind; I sent it to authoriszed WS of my Insurance Company

They gave me 5 days car rental but I scared skali i langgar their car (just took cash) of $120 per day; cheaper to use taxi/ bus  actually and felt good to feel whats it like without a car

BTW did you inform NP about the incident in the first place with photo's??? I'm sure they have someone looking into all this issues (or make Police Report even though got no injury but since its govt property [lipsrsealed] hit you [bigcry] , unfortunately ) 

Option 2 no courtesy car becos it is Own Damage claim + non AD plan.

In your case, you are given courtesy car becos your authorized WS is claiming Third Party, and they charge the courtesy car to the other insurance company... 

Nope. Never request. I just give them. I never claim own insurance why reduce my NCD? Mine is third party coverage only. No way to claim own damage.

Your insurance coy so kind? Help you claim against others although they have no liability?

similiar things happen but mine was during tree prunning. The bloody contractor somemore deny. I took the pictures of my car covered with all the branches and leafs and the newly prunned branch mark. The contractor some more talk cock and say let me "earn" $200 for a couple of dents made. I proceed to claim their insurance which cost them more than 4K (includes car rental, downtime, my annual leave, legal cost and repair).

Can claim annual leave?

Why Option 2 dont give courtesy Car??

My car got hit by car behind; I sent it to authoriszed WS of my Insurance Company

They gave me 5 days car rental but I scared skali i langgar their car (just took cash) of $120 per day; cheaper to use taxi/ bus actually and felt good to feel whats it like without a car

BTW did you inform NP about the incident in the first place with photo's??? I'm sure they have someone looking into all this issues (or make Police Report even though got no injury but since its govt property [lipsrsealed] hit you [bigcry] , unfortunately )

Toyota low ball. I will only be getting 60 dollar when the rental of my car type is 130.

Caused I also scared my friendly neighbour will scratch the car. Haha.

Option 2 no courtesy car becos it is Own Damage claim + non AD plan.

In your case, you are given courtesy car becos your authorized WS is claiming Third Party, and they charge the courtesy car to the other insurance company... 

But TS put ; so isn't Authorized Workshop the panel of workshops nominated by the Insurance Company???

Mine- I sent to one the workshop authorised by my Insurance Co cos it was nearer and it was just slight bumper dent and rear light damage so I felt not so necessary to send to BM Agent for (Lexus)

So I'm a little confused

Option 2

But unlikely, coz No courtesy car & KM workmanship should be better & KM replace roof instead of repair…

I had similar incident back in 2013. Fallen branches hit and crack my windscreen and dented my bonnet. I called my insurance and they suggested to go authorised workshop for repair assessment. After assessment, insurance guy call me to follow up. Windscreen replacement is free because its a yearly entitlement. Knocking and respraying of bonnet about 540. The agent suggested and gave me two option , claim insurance directly (wont affect NCD because I have NCD protector) or pay for 540, then use the receipt to make a claim to nparks (subject to Npark discretion and assessment) . I choose the later and fortunately Nparks responded to my claim request. The Npark insurer reimburse the discharge voucher to me. Its abit troublesome and the entire process took about 2 months.

But TS put ; so isn't Authorized Workshop the panel of workshops nominated by the Insurance Company???

Mine- I sent to one the workshop authorised by my Insurance Co cos it was nearer and it was just slight bumper dent and rear light damage so I felt not so necessary to send to BM Agent for (Lexus)

So I'm a little confused

Option 2

Authorized workshop is for customers to know that these workshops are "accredited" by the insurance company for fair dealing in terms of repair quality, cost & service (of course this is subjective as customer A may like, customer B may dislike, etc...) 

But the main goal is that customers avoid the crocodile workshops which "rob" insurance companies. 

This does not mean customer gets a courtesy car FOC every time there is a claim/accident. Courtesy car depends on Type of claim made + Type of plan bought. One needs to research the different types of plans from different insurers to fully appreciate the extra benefits that comes along with the plan.

↡ Advertisement