The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part II

RadX

11 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom.

The other unforgettable scene is the soup dish. Looked like the most edible and innocent dish till it was stirred.🤢🤮

Yes, I watched that movie in the theatre when it first came out. Must have been nine or ten.

Really captured my heart. 😂

But now, as I've grown older, I realise how insensitive Spielberg was in his portrayal of India and Hindus. Practically everything in that movie was completely offensive BS, starting with the "meal" - Hindus have pretty much always leaned heavily toward vegetarianism, and even the carnivorous ones would never eat stuff like that lol.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement

11 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Good wholesome brain food. 😛

First time watching this.

Never watched this film b4.

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Thanks Turboflat4...not gonna forgive u for a season...like 5 minutes.

Gross. 

🤯🤪

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes, I watched that movie in the theatre when it first came out. Must have been nine or ten.

Really captured my heart. 😂

But now, as I've grown older, I realise how insensitive Spielberg was in his portrayal of India and Hindus. Practically everything in that movie was completely offensive BS, starting with the "meal" - Hindus have pretty much always leaned heavily toward vegetarianism, and even the carnivorous ones would never eat stuff like that lol.

It was a shock to me when i first watched too. I was er, slightly older then😅.

But i believed the BS dished out by Spielberg then cos the characters were depicted as religious zealots or under a spell/charm hence will eat such stuff.

I remembered whispers of some places in China where brains of bears were eaten while the animals were still alive. And of course the cruel way of eating fishes so fresh that it can be fried head down and being eaten while its eyes or mouth still moving.

Such "delicacies" are not for me. 🤢🤢🤢

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 11/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, PSP415 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/pregnant-woman-punched-australia-sydney-islamophobic-attack-12116766

If its shared already pls delete. 

Just wonder what's with these guys nowadays? Why attack women? And at 1 who is 38 weeks pregnant.

Probably to "destroy" unborn child so won't "pollute" earth with one more of their kind.

Haiz.

Leave the innocent ppl especially old ppl, children, women and pregnant ones alone. 

Watched the video. Really senseless the force of attack. Coward. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

The Hongkong thread also got such video leh... Pregnant woman kenah 'spear' from a protester after scolding him... 

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Buying Mcdonals also can be very stressful.

Police called in to Hougang McDonald's outlet after customer shouts at staff about changing his order

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/police-called-in-to-hougang-mcdonalds-outlet-after-customer-shouts-at-staff-about?amp

Why behaving that way ? 

Hungry man is an angry man.:XD:

• Haha! 3

Singapore's married women have less sex than desired: Study

wh_couplegeneric_231368.jpg?itok=3srByas

3.7: Average number of times a month married women aged between 25 and 29 have sex. 

2.6: Average number of times a month married women aged between 30 and 34 have sex. The women interviewed said they would rather have twice as much sex as they actually did. 

1.14: Singapore's 2018 total fertility rate.

Married women in their peak childbearing age here have a lot less sex than they desire, thwarted by stress and fatigue, a new study has found.

This has significant bearing on the length of time they take to get pregnant, contributing to Singapore's dismal fertility rate.

The study, the first here to examine the sex lives of married women in their peak childbearing ages, found that married women aged between 25 and 29 have sex an average of 3.7 times a month.

Those aged between 30 and 34 have sex 2.6 times, on average, a month.

The women interviewed said that they would rather have twice as much sex as they actually did.

A representative sample of 657 married women were part of the survey by Assistant Professor Tan Poh Lin from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore (NUS).

She found that about 15 per cent of couples did not have sex at all during the 14 weeks when the study tracked their sexual activity.

Among those who did have sex, only about one in four couples would conceive within three months, compared with about one in two couples if they have sex eight times a month, she said, citing previous American research on the topic.

Prof Tan, who will present her findings at a conference organised by the Population Association of America in April, said that her independent research is the first here to examine the coital frequency of married women at their peak childbearing ages of between 25 and 34, and to understand the effects of stress and fatigue on their sex lives.

She said: "Coital frequency is important for two reasons.

"First, it affects marital quality and satisfaction. Second, it is a determinant of the age at childbearing and hence, it affects the fertility rate, as well as the prevalence of infertility and miscarriages."

For her study, the women had to record the dates of their sexual activity over 14 weeks and the levels of stress and fatigue they felt in the previous two weeks.

Prof Tan said that stress and fatigue help explain why sexual activity among the women was "so low" - three times less than the average for Americans, based on one American study. She also found that couples here also have more sex during weekends, as they may be more relaxed or have more energy when they do not have to work.

Singapore has long struggled with a plunging birth rate, despite a host of measures, from giving parents a Baby Bonus cash gift to boosting maternity leave and the number of childcare places.

Its total fertility rate (TFR) has been below the replacement level of 2.1 babies since the mid-1970s.

The TFR for 2018 was 1.14, the lowest on record.

NUS sociologist Tan Ern Ser said he was not surprised by the study's findings, given that age, fatigue and the lack of work-life balance here are co-related to sexual activity and the chances of conceiving.

Prof Tan Poh Lin says that there are no easy solutions to boost couples' sex lives here, pointing to Singapore's relentless rat race and cost-of-living pressures.

She added: "The findings suggest that our high stress, high fatigue lifestyles are not compatible with healthy marital sex lives, and can weaken marriages and increase the risk of infertility due to longer waiting times to pregnancy.

"Hence, fewer working hours and more flexible work arrangements may not do enough to address the core issue of stress, which is the pressure to visibly meet or exceed work performance expectations."

Relationship counsellor Martha Tara Lee, who provides sexuality and intimacy coaching, said that many of her clients reported having less sex than they would like due to long working hours.

She suggested that couples schedule time for intimacy and make it a priority.

"Couples can text each other to check in during the day and ask if they are able to reach home earlier.

"It is also important to simplify your life and not try to squeeze too much into your schedule so that you have time for each other."

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 3

Someone is trying to find lame excuse to import foreign families to meet the white paper population of 7mil. Only 10 years from now. If locally cannot meet demand they will find it from outside sgp.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Mustank said:

Too light the sentence ..... :pissed-off:

A mild IMH patient who can work to feed himself and now lying in welfare home unable to do anything.

Should have gave him full sentence (2 years jail + fine). Not his first case but months later did it again to the roasted meat seller. :yuush:

• Praise 1