The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part II

RadX

Who say no money cannot stay in high ses condo for free?

租客欠租17个月被令搬 屋霸收律师信当场撕烂拒搬

Tenant owed rent for 17 months and ordered to move, house tyrant receives lawyer's letter and refuses to move

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20201226-1111525

lks_2077.jpg?itok=AWO2ISfD

The "East Coast House Tyrant" was accused of being in arrears of 17 months of rent and still reluctant to leave. The landlord filed a complaint with the court and asked the other party to move away after winning the case. However, the lawyer's letter was torn by the house tyrant.

The unit that triggered the dispute is located at Bedok Court Apartment in Bedok South Third Road. The owner Mr. He (60 years old, businessman) told reporters that the tenant has signed a one-year lease at a monthly rent of 4,000 yuan since the middle of last year. The other party has never paid the rent after moving in. He has been in arrears for at least 17 months. 70,000 yuan rent.

He said that he has been filed in court for a period of time, and due to the impact of the epidemic, he received the verdict of victory on the 8th of this month.

According to the court order presented by Mr. He, he and the other two plaintiffs have won the case, and the tenant who lost the case must pay 2,000 yuan in court fees. He said that the lawyer handed over the lawyer's letter stating that the other party must move out before 5 o'clock in the evening the day before (24th), but it was torn up on the spot by the other party.

"I've been in business and rented out the house for many years, and for the first time I met this kind of unbelieving person. It made me feel stressed and even affected my sleep."

He pointed out that he had taken the initiative to let the other party exempt the rent and move away without receiving rent for six months, but the other party has always ignored it. Now he can only apply to the court for a Writ of Possession to protect his rights.

"As far as I know, I am already the 8th victim. The other party has repeatedly asked whether there are other units for rent nearby. I am worried that there will be the next victim."

During the interview, senior lawyer Chen Qiyu pointed out that if the court order does not mention that the plaintiff can repossess the house, the landlord must apply for an estate repossession order through the court to repossess the house.

Our newspaper once reported on this "East Coast House Tyrant" in 2017 and October this year. At that time, the male resident Shen Tianbao was accused of taking his wife, a pair of children, daughter-in-law and grandson to rent a row house or a private house on the east coast for many years. Living in a bungalow did not pay the rent, and was provoked by at least seven lawsuits, with compensation of more than 160,000 yuan.

Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

租客欠租17个月被令搬 屋霸收律师信当场撕烂拒搬

Tenant owed rent for 17 months and ordered to move, house tyrant receives lawyer's letter and refuses to move

The "East Coast House Tyrant" was accused of being in arrears of 17 months of rent and still reluctant to leave. The landlord filed a complaint with the court and asked the other party to move away after winning the case. However, the lawyer's letter was torn by the house tyrant.

The unit that triggered the dispute is located at Bedok Court Apartment in Bedok South Third Road. The owner Mr. He (60 years old, businessman) told reporters that the tenant has signed a one-year lease at a monthly rent of 4,000 yuan since the middle of last year. The other party has never paid the rent after moving in. He has been in arrears for at least 17 months. 70,000 yuan rent.

He said that he has been filed in court for a period of time, and due to the impact of the epidemic, he received the verdict of victory on the 8th of this month.

According to the court order presented by Mr. He, he and the other two plaintiffs have won the case, and the tenant who lost the case must pay 2,000 yuan in court fees. He said that the lawyer handed over the lawyer's letter stating that the other party must move out before 5 o'clock in the evening the day before (24th), but it was torn up on the spot by the other party.

"I've been in business and rented out the house for many years, and for the first time I met this kind of unbelieving person. It made me feel stressed and even affected my sleep."

He pointed out that he had taken the initiative to let the other party exempt the rent and move away without receiving rent for six months, but the other party has always ignored it. Now he can only apply to the court for a Writ of Possession to protect his rights.

"As far as I know, I am already the 8th victim. The other party has repeatedly asked whether there are other units for rent nearby. I am worried that there will be the next victim."

During the interview, senior lawyer Chen Qiyu pointed out that if the court order does not mention that the plaintiff can repossess the house, the landlord must apply for an estate repossession order through the court to repossess the house.

Our newspaper once reported on this "East Coast House Tyrant" in 2017 and October this year. At that time, the male resident Shen Tianbao was accused of taking his wife, a pair of children, daughter-in-law and grandson to rent a row house or a private house on the east coast for many years. Living in a bungalow did not pay the rent, and was provoked by at least seven lawsuits, with compensation of more than 160,000 yuan.

Water, gas and electricity applied under owner, right? 

Can owner apply to pub to cut utilities to the unit? 

This kind of people must take a photo and circulate to all property agents. 

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Water, gas and electricity applied under owner, right? 

Can owner apply to pub to cut utilities to the unit? 

This kind of people must take a photo and circulate to all property agents. 

As an owner, he can splash paint on his own door right .... [sly]

Middle of the night, like ah long, bang on the door every 2 hours... [smash] 

• Haha! 5

On 12/26/2020 at 3:55 PM, Jellandross said:

租客欠租17个月被令搬 屋霸收律师信当场撕烂拒搬

Wah SG law so jialat one arrh?

8th time already, and still nothing done. this type people wanna stay for free. Can only recommend 2 places - changi or buangkok.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

image.png.952ff99a2b48cf9201a78cad91b00e9b.png

Malaysia's Minister Khairy Jamaluddin injures from fall after bicycle hits pothole

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Khairy Jamaluddin Abu Bakar suffered minor injuries after his bicycle hit a pothole, causing him to fall in Banting, in Selangor state on Sunday morning (Dec 27).

He tweeted pictures of his bruised face and the culprit: a pothole on the side of the road near a ditch.

"Pothole, ditch, KJ. 2020 keeps giving," tweeted Khairy, who is also the newly-elected president of the Negeri Sembilan state Cycling Association.

His tweet prompted the Kuala Langat district's Public Works Department, which is in charge of the roads in Banting, to apologise to him.

"Kuala Langat JKR apologises for the incident that befell the minister, will take immediate action over the issue and pray for YB's speedy recovery," it said.

Responding to the apology, a youth leader of Parti Keadilan Rakyat in Selangor said the department should apologise to other road users as well.

"There are many potholes under its watch and was the intention to apologise only after an accident involved a minister?" PKR Youth chief for Kuala Langat Mohd Shah Rezza Mohd Tuniman said in a statement, as quoted by Malaysiakini news site.

Responding to Mr Khairy's post, a number of Twitter users urged the minister to do something about poor road conditions in Malaysia, even in his home state of Negeri Sembilan.

"Lots of holes along the roads everywhere YB, even in Nilai. Need to urge the (Municipal) Councils of each district to look and act thoroughly on this matter so accidents and such won't happen," wrote on Twitter user.

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Next time I go Taiwan I also will be very sad

that I didn't take my MIL for a nice trip.

:grin:

This waitress will comfort you with beer and make you drunk and then... more comfort...

Screenshot_20201230_132116.jpg

• Haha! 2

I go Taiwan TAIWAN TAIWAN.

Not Germany.

:D

6 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

This waitress will comfort you with beer and make you drunk and then... more comfort...

Screenshot_20201230_132116.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1