RadX

2 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I know your intention ..... [sly]

Parade them in lingerie along Orchard Road. :secret-laugh:

Mai la

Unless they look like model

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/malaysian-regrets-coming-singapore-work-cites-toxic-work-environment

Malaysian regrets coming to Singapore for work, cites toxic work environment

Are Singaporeans harsh with their words and unfriendly?

That's what one Malaysian working in Singapore has alleged in an online discussion.

The Facebook user indicated that prior to coming to Singapore, he'd worked in Malaysia for three years but did not manage to save much money due to the low salary and inflation.

"If this continues I'd still be in the 'moonlight generation' in my 30s," he shared, with the popular catchphrase referring to workers who earn barely enough each month to make ends meet.

He then decided to "focus on the money" instead and find a job in Singapore, due to the favourable exchange rate.

"I was lucky to find a white-collar job and the salary was not bad, so I immediately flew over without hesitation," he shared.

But regret soon hit him like a tonne of bricks.

He shared that despite the sky-high rent, it is still possible to save quite a bit of money "if you're not a spendthrift".

"The amount of money saved can be more than a person's entire salary in Malaysia, it's absurd," he added.

Some other positives about living here include the "shockingly" affordable food prices and convenient transport.

Singaporeans 'harsh' and 'utilitarian' 

What he found harder to stomach, however, is adapting to what he describes as a toxic work culture in Singapore.

He described Singaporeans he's come across as being "utilitarian" and harsh with their words.

"The people in my work environment have really affected me a lot," said the individual, adding that he's typically not someone who's afraid of hard work.

"I began to miss the people in Malaysia, after all, they are friendlier and more patient," he stated.

"Colleagues also love to gossip behind people's backs, it made the environment unbearable," he shared, adding that there were other incidents of "culture shock" that he did not wish to delve into. 

He concluded, complete with a crying emoji, that "Malaysians are simply more loveable".

"If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have chosen to come to Singapore."

He stated that he's not able to leave as he'd signed a contract and would just have to "bear with it" for the time-being.

"I can only pray that after quitting in six months when the contract is up, I can find a better company, otherwise I will return to Malaysia," he added.

Lamenting how each day feels like torture, he wondered, "Why do we have to come to Singapore to earn a living? When will our country be better? Then we wouldn't have to leave home."

'Stress proportional to the pay'

Several netizens in the comments section commiserated with his predicament and offered their support.

One cited her own experience of being subjected to 'injustices' while working in Singapore but decided to persevere due to the financial rewards. 

However, others noted that the "stress is proportional to the pay".

One commenter also shared that he feels "more stressed" when working in Malaysia.

"I feel more relaxed in Singapore, I can buy whatever I want, eat and drink whatever I want. If my family needs money I can just 'throw it over' with no problem," he shared. "The only thing I've sacrificed is time with my family."

Another netizen added that he should change his mindset and that such a toxic work environment also exists in Malaysia.

"At least you're earning four times more, it's worth it," she joked.

remtovote.jpg

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

FB post

Strawberry... 

Cannot take the heat then get out of the kitchen. Where to find relaxed relaxed job with caring colleagues and great environment and pays well? Tell me please! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/malaysian-regrets-coming-singapore-work-cites-toxic-work-environment

That's what one Malaysian working in Singapore has alleged in an online discussion.

The Facebook user indicated that prior to coming to Singapore, he'd worked in Malaysia for three years but did not manage to save much money due to the low salary and inflation.

"If this continues I'd still be in the 'moonlight generation' in my 30s," he shared, with the popular catchphrase referring to workers who earn barely enough each month to make ends meet.

He then decided to "focus on the money" instead and find a job in Singapore, due to the favourable exchange rate.

"I was lucky to find a white-collar job and the salary was not bad, so I immediately flew over without hesitation," he shared.

He shared that despite the sky-high rent, it is still possible to save quite a bit of money "if you're not a spendthrift".

"The amount of money saved can be more than a person's entire salary in Malaysia, it's absurd," he added.

Some other positives about living here include the "shockingly" affordable food prices and convenient transport.

What he found harder to stomach, however, is adapting to what he describes as a toxic work culture in Singapore.

He described Singaporeans he's come across as being "utilitarian" and harsh with their words.

"The people in my work environment have really affected me a lot," said the individual, adding that he's typically not someone who's afraid of hard work.

"I began to miss the people in Malaysia, after all, they are friendlier and more patient," he stated.

"Colleagues also love to gossip behind people's backs, it made the environment unbearable," he shared, adding that there were other incidents of "culture shock" that he did not wish to delve into. 

He concluded, complete with a crying emoji, that "Malaysians are simply more loveable".

He stated that he's not able to leave as he'd signed a contract and would just have to "bear with it" for the time-being.

"I can only pray that after quitting in six months when the contract is up, I can find a better company, otherwise I will return to Malaysia," he added.

Lamenting how each day feels like torture, he wondered, "Why do we have to come to Singapore to earn a living? When will our country be better? Then we wouldn't have to leave home."

Several netizens in the comments section commiserated with his predicament and offered their support.

One cited her own experience of being subjected to 'injustices' while working in Singapore but decided to persevere due to the financial rewards. 

One commenter also shared that he feels "more stressed" when working in Malaysia.

"I feel more relaxed in Singapore, I can buy whatever I want, eat and drink whatever I want. If my family needs money I can just 'throw it over' with no problem," he shared. "The only thing I've sacrificed is time with my family."

Another netizen added that he should change his mindset and that such a toxic work environment also exists in Malaysia.

remtovote.jpg

He is most welcome to resign and return to MY... :we-all-gonna-die:

No body stopping him from resigning or pointed a gun at him to work in SG. :wut:

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Strawberry... 

Cannot take the heat then get out of the kitchen. Where to find relaxed relaxed job with caring colleagues and great environment and pays well? Tell me please! 

Probably these kind of colleagues :grin:

9 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Strawberry... 

Pretty sure that's my office 😏

10 hours ago, Windwaver said:

FB post

怎么将的。。烂到~~~

几厉害一下

再多几次这样 我死掉了咯

• Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Windwaver said:

remtovote.jpg

It is the pace that he is not use to I think. I do have a Malaysian colleague and I can see the difference in they way they handle things. Similarly, I believe if Singaporean were to go over to Hong Kong or main cities in china, we will face the same problems. 

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Netizens make 'rude' jokes about actress Carrie Wong's chest in FB photo: 'At least stuff some tissues'

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/netizens-make-rude-jokes-about-actress-carrie-wongs-chest-in-fb-photo-at-least-stuff
The photo is too “disturbing”

At times, flat chest (.)(.) also nice hor .... [thumbsup]

Don't always think of (  .  )(  .  ) :we-all-gonna-die:

:XD::XD:

• Haha! 1

On 11/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, Volvobrick said:

Strawberry... 

Actually, I think Malaysia might just be the place 😁

Jokes aside, I was once involved in a LHDN (malaysia's IRAS) deal pursuit. Made quite a few trips to cyberjaya and was treated with great hospitality and even took note to speak in English because of me, a lone singaporean.

Besides this, had quite a few business dealings with other private entities in KL for a few years and generally, I feel the working environment there is not as high strung and fast paced. 

9 hours ago, Jellandross said:

My fren forwarded chiobu dancing video to me but I failed to double check before playing 😱

one of the rare chio ministar liao loh.. at times i watch parliament just to see got chance to peep at her! whahahahhahaha

Edited by Ody_2004
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2