The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part II

RadX

Sigh... yah lor. Got eye contact some more... [dead]

it was part of my daily (quite rushed) routine of bringing my little girl to my mother's place for her to help take care, before i rushed off to work, and while I continued on with what I would normally do, i would be lying if i said it didn't affect me at all...

And it was at that moment that i realised that despite whatever training we go through in NS, it's highly doubtful whether we're prepared to handle situations concerning life (or rather, death)...

oh, btw, when i called the police to inform them, the first question they asked was 'has the person jumped?'. When i said yes, then can hear that they followed some plan B already. If it was a case of 'No, still sitting there', then they would likely have activated plan A, whatever that might be...

If I am the one who answered your stressed call, I will says... Aiya! Uncle why you never dash up to pull her down leh?

Anyway, I am just joking only don't take it as something to regret for not doing so, most probably anyone would be too shocking and stomp to speechless or to react another way round to seeing her sat on the edge got ready to leap out risking a fall to death.

Let's pray for her after life with more blessings to live again peacefully.

the very first night i call i did as a houseman and the very first patient on the night. Someone was admitted for some depression.

I clerked him, he didn't seem too sad and just waited for my MO to review him.

Later that night, heard someone committed suicide in the hospital but i didn't know who. Found out next morning, it was the guy i saw.

My MO never saw him. I was probably the last person he ever talked to.

wah lao... really si bey 恶心  :sick:

You saw the 'after'. I ... saw the 'before'.

Came out of lift, was turning to walk, then saw got a person sitting on the balcony ledge... she was looking out, but turned and looked at me (likely after hearing lift door open), then turned back to look out, and then 'set off'...

I was momentarily stunned when first saw, then rushed to the ledge and looked down, and she was just abt to hit the ground, a grass patch, with a loud thud...

A neighbour from the block would bring her boy to wait for transport every morning outside the ground floor lift lobby at that time. I don't know how they felt...

I felt uneasy for days. Went to temple prayed a few days later to calm myself...

If I am the one who answered your stressed call, I will says... Aiya! Uncle why you never dash up to pull her down leh?

Anyway, I am just joking only don't take it as something to regret for not doing so, most probably anyone would be too shocking and stomp to speechless or to react another way round to seeing her sat on the edge got ready to leap out risking a fall to death.

Let's pray for her after life with more blessings to live again peacefully.

Actually, as i was always in a rush, and it was such a fixed routine, i in auto/quick mode walked out of the lift door, and did 2 right turns (= a U-turn to walk on the corridor towards one end of the corridor...).

As the lift lobby was in the middle of the block's width, she was sitting on the ledge/railing just to the left side of the lift lobby area, in front of the first unit besides the lift lobby...

So when i auto-turned right as i normally would, i initially didn't notice anything, cos it wasn't like if a normal person was standing there, i'll see the whole body in front of the cement corridor ledge. In her case, the whole corridor/wall of the ledge was empty... But as I turned and walked, i noticed something different higher up on the ledge/railing, so after turning right and about to walk straight on the corridor already... i turned back to take another look - and that's when i saw her...

I was carrying my girl, about 4-5 m away, was tio chuak and remembered instinctively raising one arm to gesture to her to 'stop', and that's when she turned back to look in front and...

Didn't know what else i could have done... and prayed i did... belatedly, RIP...

Anyway, it was >10 yr ago liao, and I've moved. 

the very first night i call i did as a houseman and the very first patient on the night. Someone was admitted for some depression.

Later that night, heard someone committed suicide in the hospital but i didn't know who. Found out next morning, it was the guy i saw.

When was that?

One of my school mates apparently did that about ~17 yr ago... Quite closed when we were in school, and we learnt about it only after the funeral - didn't even have chance to go to his wake...

• Praise 1

When was that?

One of my school mates apparently did that about ~17 yr ago... Quite closed when we were in school, and we learnt about it only after the funeral - didn't even have chance to go to his wake...

My uncle (mum younger brother) suffered terminal disease illness diagnosed in Alexander Hospital, he was lucky to be saved by 2 on duty sisters nurse just about to leaping out from 3rd.floor Ward window, my mum got a midnight urgent call from ward doctor to see him next morning, me and mum just couldn't wait till morning and went to AH to see him immediately, we saw him tightly tied up onto the bed rails under Ward doctor instruction.

No matter how my mum begging the Ward staff's to release him from the bed tight with cloth belts also failed into deaf ears.

We managed to applied early discharge to look after him at home until his last breath beside us.

He asked for our forgiveness being a big burden to us just before his loud gapse of breath and closing his pair of sunken eyes.

Seeing death is like seeing a person falls into deep sleep who doesn't respond to callings.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 1

Different year then... 

sigh, so many such cases...

my paternal grandmother committed suicide in the same year i was born.

Of course, my parents didn't let us know when we were younger. 

post-131345-0-09729700-1490176569_thumb.jpg

being an avid art lover.

i chance upon this japanese busker on orchard road infront of tong building.

his music is really good and i been to many musical. this busker would be right up there among the best

very happy that he selling his cd so that can enjoy all the time

post-131345-0-74808000-1490177541_thumb.jpg

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 9

20170322_175241.jpg

being an avid art lover.

i chance upon this japanese busker on orchard road infront of tong building.

his music is really good and i been to many musical. this busker would be right up there among the best

Who having stress? He or the pedestrians walking pass? Let me see him in this coming weekend.

Who having stress? He or the pedestrians walking pass? Let me see him in this coming weekend.

from what he says. once the cd sold out he move on to france

worth listening. good luck

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 13

from what he says. once the cd sold out he move on to france

worth listening. good luckðð

You stressed me with unknown date lines, OK lor... If he left sg. than I go France to find him lor....
  • Praise 5

Yishun again

No smoke without fire

Must be smoking throw butt lah alarm clock lah drag chair lah piak piak earthquake lah loud tv lah

• Praise 1

Yishun again

Okay, tomorrow, me and @Mustank :a-toast: will go down to Yishun invite this lady to join MCF for effective destress. 

@Mustank suggest to me about her MCF new nick should be Sunglass Pui Soh :a-shy:  but I prefer her nick to be Yishun Penguin Soh   [gorgeous]  because she walks like a Alaska Penguin   [grin]

What you think ?   :a-confused:

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 4

You can only successfully do this if you are a big truck.

That said, the truck driver needs to be taken off the road.

Very dangerous. Highway pileups can be caused

Your wish granted! :D

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/2-trailer-truck-incidents-hold-up-traffic-on-ecp-and-bke

Trailer truck driver caught on camera driving against traffic on ECP arrested

SINGAPORE - Two trailer trucks got into trouble in separate road incidents on Friday (March 17).

No one was injured in either. Both incidents were captured on videos and photos circulating on social media.

The police have arrested a 32-year-old man for the offence of Dangerous Driving. 

Earlier in the morning, the Traffic Police received information that a trailer truck had driven dangerously along East Coast Parkway (ECP) towards MCE, Marina Coastal Expressway, (AYE, Ayer Rajah Expressway). 

The blue and red trailer truck from Rio Logistics was caught on video camera driving against traffic on the ECP near the entrance to MCE.

A line of cars had to stop while the truck made a U-turn which blocked the entire expressway, a video uploaded on road safety community page Beh Chia Lor showed.

The police said in a news release on Friday that through follow-up investigations, the identity of the male driver was established and he was arrested.

In the second incident, a second trailer skidded and crashed into the road divider along the Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) towards the exit to the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) towards Tuas at around 3pm.

The prime mover became detached from the trailer and folded back, a phenomenon called "jack knifing".

The Straits Times understands that the trailer truck skidded on the wet road surface as the driver started to turn left.

He tried to brake, lost control of the vehicle and hit the railing by the side of the road.

Motorists convicted of Dangerous Driving will lose their driving licences, and will be fined up to $3,000 or be jailed for up to one year, or both.

In the case of a second or subsequent conviction, motorists will be fined up to $5,000 or jailed for up to two years, or both.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5