Mazda Bose System upgrade

Jackwolf

Thanks bro. Bose system already has a subwoofer in the boot. Can the amp drive 2 subwoofers? Perhaps u can add another amp to drive your new speakers (if it could be done)?

depending on model. for my mazda 6 there is no sub. i have consider adding in an amp to the upgraded front speaker but it probably will cost a bomb to me as i will also need to add in a dsp also. hence since i have drop the idea.
↡ Advertisement

depending on model. for my mazda 6 there is no sub. i have consider adding in an amp to the upgraded front speaker but it probably will cost a bomb to me as i will also need to add in a dsp also. hence since i have drop the idea.

I see. Thanks bro. Always thought all bose system be it mazda, renault, infiniti are the same. So i am wrong.

Good day  Jackwolf, 

Took your advice about "install underseat sub-woofer" and went to Soon Lee Audio.

​Found Soon Lee Audio thru internet. My 1st visit.

Boss Sunny shared the same opinion without me telling him what to do.

​I proceed with the installation. The car sound system become "alive". Great.

Thank you.

• Praise 3

Good day  Jackwolf, 

Took your advice about "install underseat sub-woofer" and went to Soon Lee Audio.

​Found Soon Lee Audio thru internet. My 1st visit.

Boss Sunny shared the same opinion without me telling him what to do.

​I proceed with the installation. The car sound system become "alive". Great.

Thank you.

What is the damage?

What is the damage?

Hi Andrew, I chosen nikamichi at $368. Pioneer more ex.

Unbranded at $280.

Didn't bargain as Sunny seems to know his stuff well and gives honest /sincere opinion.

First time installed sub in my car.

Pls note I am non-audiophile.

• Praise 1

Hi Andrew, I chosen nikamichi at $368. Pioneer more ex.

Unbranded at $280.

Didn't bargain as Sunny seems to know his stuff well and gives honest /sincere opinion.

First time installed sub in my car.

Pls note I am non-audiophile.

Thanks for sharing. How long does the installation take?

Thanks. Sorry one more question, they instal under driver's seat or front passenger seat?

Must do self-check first on your own car. 

Those that have a build in a drawer under the seat have space limitation. 

Most people install on the passenger side. Dont worry, it wont cause an alarm reaction to your spouse when she sits on the seat.

• Praise 1

Must do self-check first on your own car. 

Those that have a build in a drawer under the seat have space limitation. 

Most people install on the passenger side. Dont worry, it wont cause an alarm reaction to your spouse when she sits on the seat.

Thanks bro. sorry I am a total noob.

Thanks. Sorry one more question, they instal under driver's seat or front passenger seat?

Hi Andrew, subwoofer underneath passenger seat.

Installer said sometime driver alone and want loud music, so driver not affect by the vibration from subwoofer directly.

Haha.

Installer said sometime driver alone and want loud music, so driver not affect by the vibration from subwoofer directly.

Haha.

Haha, thanks for the important tip!

Hi Bros. Recently gotten a 2017 Mazda 6 and it comes with the 11-speaker Bose system. I have a piooner active subwoofer that I transferred from my old car. Installed it but realised that the bass / power from the active sub is not at its usual. Its like its underpowered. The active sub was working well with my previous humble focal speaker set up but not sure why is it not working as usual now. Any Bros can advise? It is because my installler (usual all in one workshop kind) did not install correctly or it’s a matter of non compatible with the Bose system.

Haha.

Doesn’t seems like there enough space under the passenger Mazda 6 car. Do u have photos of ur installation?

Hi Bros. Recently gotten a 2017 Mazda 6 and it comes with the 11-speaker Bose system. I have a piooner active subwoofer that I transferred from my old car. Installed it but realised that the bass / power from the active sub is not at its usual. Its like its underpowered. The active sub was working well with my previous humble focal speaker set up but not sure why is it not working as usual now. Any Bros can advise? It is because my installler (usual all in one workshop kind) did not install correctly or it’s a matter of non compatible with the Bose system.

Good day

If wiring no problem, pls check the setting in infotainment.

The Centrepoint box must be tick.

From YouTube from 30sec onward.

Good day

If wiring no problem, pls check the setting in infotainment.

The Centrepoint box must be tick.

From YouTube from 30sec onward.

Thanks! Tick already but still very faint bass from the active sub. Maybe I should just remove it cos no audible difference. Is your installation worth it?
↡ Advertisement