Honda Vezel Recall

King_Kong

I got a letter about a recall to replace some part.  What part is this?  Is getting the part changed important?  Is the risk of the workshop making things worse higher than the risk of the part being recalled causing trouble?

The workshop is Optiwerkz, which is also the "warranty" workshop for my car. I have never even visited it once since my car was purchased two years ago. Will they do the replacement without charge given that Honda is the one paying for the recall job?

↡ Advertisement

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/electronic_vehicle.html

http://www.------.com/news/10782/honda-vezel-recall

Google lor.

Bring the LTA letter and printout from the onemotoring(see above link) ask the workshop lor.

You choose to buy from PI everything have to DIY. Don't expect too much.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

I got a letter about a recall to replace some part.  What part is this?  Is getting the part changed important?  Is the risk of the workshop making things worse higher than the risk of the part being recalled causing trouble?

The workshop is Optiwerkz, which is also the "warranty" workshop for my car. I have never even visited it once since my car was purchased two years ago. Will they do the replacement without charge given that Honda is the one paying for the recall job?

Since your Vezel is 2 years old, it's likely to be the BBC unit replacement. It affects all Vezels that are built before the first quarter of 2016.

Optiwerkz seems to be one of the workshop that can do this replacement. Mine was replaced there too, no charges to me but I believe my PI is paying.

Side note is that you should be glad your PI is replacing it but you should check if it is FOC. One owner wrote that his PI wanted to charge him for the replacement.

Turbocharged

To pay or not to pay if need to replace or fix, it has to be done to eliminate worries driving the car. No need to ask, just go down and have it change.

• Praise 1

To pay or not to pay if need to replace or fix, it has to be done to eliminate worries driving the car. No need to ask, just go down and have it change.

Words of wisdom, only fools value $$$ More than to get it replace!!! You can die but imagine your family members is with you, got into accident due to recall defect, you survived they die!! Let you be the richest man in Singapore dun think you want too unless u no heart :)

• Dislike 2

(edited)

Words of wisdom, only fools value $$$ More than to get it replace!!! You can die but imagine your family members is with you, got into accident due to recall defect, you survived they die!! Let you be the richest man in Singapore dun think you want too unless u no heart :)

Only fools would blindly replace without first verifying whether the workshop is qualified to replace the part.

Only fools would not question whether safety is worse off after replacing a factory installed part by a half-baked workshop with no Honda certified engineers or equipped with the required Honda tools and instruments.

PS: The letter from my dealer says the replacement is free. Money is not the issue here. Quality is.

Edited by King_Kong

Dun worry, get it change at the appointed workshop. It is most likely replacing the start-stop module which is plug & play. If your vezel got BBQ at the end even when the module replaced, at least you have some prove to show you have done your part as an owner for claiming insurance.

• Praise 1

Only fools would blindly replace without first verifying whether the workshop is qualified to replace the part.

Only fools would not question whether safety is worse off after replacing a factory installed part by a half-baked workshop with no Honda certified engineers or equipped with the required Honda tools and instruments.

PS: The letter from my dealer says the replacement is free. Money is not the issue here. Quality is.

Dear King_Kong

Agreed with above 2 statements.

However, hope you understand that when you decide to get a Vezel with no local AD support, the only choice is go to workshop with no Honda trained technician or equipped tools and instruments, when your car has issue.

These are not words of wisdom. Wise people do think before posting such words of rudeness

Please refer to the sentence you post on the 1st posting, you mention will they do replacement without charge given that Honda is the one paying!!!" If the letter say FOC why are u asking abt replacement with charge? Initially you don't understand the letter?

Nobody assume just replying to what you said! If you can't handle the truth this is your problem and car is yours , how much you value your family life is also your call :) I am just replying to your 1st posting.

BTW since you mention PI workshop are half baked I wonder why you buy from the PI then and not Honda agent when the HRV is abt 2% to 3% more on what you paid to PI but you want warranty and free servicing from Honda . Again to save $$$?:)

Guess you are really a fool didn't check what you post

Below is the quote from your 1st post.

"The workshop is Optiwerkz, which is also the "warranty" workshop for my car. I have never even visited it once since my car was purchased two years ago. Will they do the replacement without charge given that Honda is the one paying for the recall job?"

Edited by D3badge

These are not words of wisdom. Wise people do think before posting such words of rudeness

it is rude or harsh because you are reminding someone safety is more important than money! Malfunction not only endanger his family members but public safety too.

I am just shock people can actually put $$$ into equation when safety is concern and everyone advise is to ask him get it fix regardless whether he needs to pay or not, I am just replying more direct.

maybe that do hit him hard that why in his reply to me he mention $$ no issue but how strange when he ask about who will foot the bill in the thread starting post and later say letter mention FOC

Edited by D3badge

Honda Malaysia Recalls Over 2,800 Units of HR-V

Honda Malaysia has issued a product recall for 2016 Model Year (MY) Honda HR-V due to the possibility that the front stabiliser bar may break under high stress. 2,814 units are affected by the recall, all other current selling Honda models are not affected by this recall.

According to Honda Malaysia, the stabiliser bar breakage is due to insufficient temperature control during its production process, resulting in the compromised strength of the stabiliser bar and thus, leading to possible breakage when subjected to high stresses.

Breakage of the stabiliser bar can cause the front wheels to be unbalanced, resulting in instability when driving, or the car ‘pulling’ to the left or right, in some cases, even tyre puncture.

As of today, there are no incidences of crashes or injuries related to this issue reported in Malaysia.

Honda Malaysia is taking pre-emptive measures to ensure customer safety. All affected front stabiliser bars will be replaced with brand new components. Currently, Honda Malaysia has 50% of the replacement parts in stock nationwide, and parts availability will be at 100% by mid-November 2017.

All affected customers will be informed via notification letters, which will include details of the product recall.

Customers are advised to send their vehicles to the nearest Honda authorised dealer for inspection and replacement. Alternatively, customers can visit the Honda parts recall web page to check on their vehicle recall status.

All cost related to this replacement activity will be borne by Honda Malaysia.

are ours affected?

Honda Malaysia Recalls Over 2,800 Units of HR-V

Honda Malaysia has issued a product recall for 2016 Model Year (MY) Honda HR-V due to the possibility that the front stabiliser bar may break under high stress. 2,814 units are affected by the recall, all other current selling Honda models are not affected by this recall.

According to Honda Malaysia, the stabiliser bar breakage is due to insufficient temperature control during its production process, resulting in the compromised strength of the stabiliser bar and thus, leading to possible breakage when subjected to high stresses.

Breakage of the stabiliser bar can cause the front wheels to be unbalanced, resulting in instability when driving, or the car ‘pulling’ to the left or right, in some cases, even tyre puncture.

As of today, there are no incidences of crashes or injuries related to this issue reported in Malaysia.

Honda Malaysia is taking pre-emptive measures to ensure customer safety. All affected front stabiliser bars will be replaced with brand new components. Currently, Honda Malaysia has 50% of the replacement parts in stock nationwide, and parts availability will be at 100% by mid-November 2017.

All affected customers will be informed via notification letters, which will include details of the product recall.

Customers are advised to send their vehicles to the nearest Honda authorised dealer for inspection and replacement. Alternatively, customers can visit the Honda parts recall web page to check on their vehicle recall status.

All cost related to this replacement activity will be borne by Honda Malaysia.

are ours affected?

I think Vezels sold in Malaysia are assembled in Malaysia.

Ours are imported from Japan directly.

↡ Advertisement