Aftermarket turbo charge pipe

Theoldjaffa

Anyone changed their stock plastic charge pipes to aftermarket aluminium ones?

Any improvement in performance? Do you change because the stock one cracked, or to play safe due to preventive measures?

↡ Advertisement

I change because my friend told me so.

I trust my friend.

May I ask which car r u driving? Is it boosted higher than stock?

Which workshop did the change? Any performance improvement?

I'm considering to buy online but if there's a local workshop I don't mind checking them out.

No change in performance. Only more swooshing noise if you are into that. Even if you change the stock air muffler to an open pod or cold air intake there's no change in performance. Only the swooshing noise get louder. For turbocharged engine you will get to hear the wastegate or ppl calls it the blowoff valve. Once you remove the stock muffler you will hear the wastegate every time you release the gas pedal.

Increase in performance in a TC engine comes from the modified engine mapping in layman terms means aftermarket tuning chip. When you have that installed modification to the air intake and its piping will make some difference. Depending on what you do...short ram air intake or cold air intake. Google or watch youtube to see the difference.

Edited by Watwheels

No change in performance. Only more swooshing noise if you are into that. Even if you change the stock air muffler to an open pod or cold air intake there's no change in performance. Only the swooshing noise get louder. For turbocharged engine you will get to hear the wastegate or ppl calls it the blowoff valve. Once you remove the stock muffler you will hear the wastegate every time you release the gas pedal.

Increase in performance in a TC engine comes from the modified engine mapping in layman terms means aftermarket tuning chip. When you have that installed modification to the air intake and its piping will make some difference. Depending on what you do...short ram air intake or cold air intake. Google or watch youtube to see the difference.

Thanks for the detailed info, but it's not air intake I'm asking about. It's the turbo charge pipe. It's different.

do be careful. the metal pipe being solid piece cause a fair bit of rigid to that area. Some have experience damage due to a couple of problems when the condition appears.

When the engine mount wear plus you WOT, the engine flexs more and hence cracks and damage happens.

Neutral Newbie

Hello guys, I have a used TD04 in a very good condition with a new core from Man Exhaust for sale. It was used for 2 months on a Fiat Bravo T-Jet, hence the I have the downpipe for Bravo too. 

If not, the TD04 is a favorite for many cars as well. It has been dekitted. Looking at $360. Hit me up with a pm if you are keen. (: